Calling on Dantalion

From the a forum post linked below:

Dantalion

Nature
Dantalion is the seventy first demon of the Goetia and reigns under the moon from March 1st to the 10th. Dantalion is the nine of cups in the Taro and appears rapidly as a blob of numerous faces. This blob is of greyish-brown, sometimes with all eyes a glaring red. He may also turn pitch black with blue eyes.

The air about him is littered by numerous red dots and abbreviated lines, or he may be met in a grey atmosphere. He speaks quickly in a pronounced and sharp male voice, and cannabis may be used to aid in his transvocation. It is necessary to speak directly to him, as he responds astutely to any imperfection in communication.

The sacred word used unto his favor is OCIP. The synthesis of his office is refered to as the office of psychostatics and he may help in matters of love and the occult arts over time( an honest, but slower working demon).

His Jetziratic domain is a black atmosphere with an abundance of purple, blue, and white rays, resembling lightning, abound. These rays emanate from a large brilliant, but soft, silver sphere which is Solaris, the son of the Sun and the Moon. Dantalion governs over 36 legions of spirits and is a vehicle of Venusian energy.

Wisdom
Below every castle is a basement filled with skeletons and body organs. The skeleton of the mother embraces the skeleton of the baby, peering at it’s eyes. The brain of the mother fades as the vampiric baby siphons life therefrom, but for the mother there will always be brain devoid of heart and eyes devoid of flesh.

To understand the nature of psychostatics, partake of cannabis and join Dantalion over the land of blackened forms. Understand that it's regenerative force knows not detail or discrimination.  It is Solaris, the son of the Sun and the Moon, who is veiled by perceived idleness.  Rest therefore by the waterfall, banishing the mind clatter that blocks out the power to submit and observe.

Dantalion, why do we meet on this city street?
        "To face the face of the people we meet."

The sacred dance unto Dantalion: Rotating widdershins, dance choppily whilst reciting OCIP in a pronounced and abbreviated manner. Be awkward, but secure.

Dantalion is Earth of Sun. The finest winter coat proves a burden in the Sahara until it is traded for a camel. But you’ve now traveled too far and have frozen to death upon thy camel in the Gobi.

Dantalion speaks of the occult arts that relaxation is the key to manipulation. He shows a tool. It is grey and shaped like a cross, with 5 spheres verticle, and 2 opposing spheres horizontal. The horizontal portion spins while the pillar remains. This tool represents the occult relationship between the sickle, the torch, and the compass(as used in drawing circles).

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/8564397

3 Likes

That being said, I’d pronounce OCIP in French or Latin - you may say it in English, but also say it in French or Latin.

When saying “O”, only make the first part of the oʊ diphthong:

Close-mid back rounded vowel
[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Close-mid_back_rounded_vowel]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Close-mid_back_rounded_vowel[/url]

When saying “C” (sounds like “say”), make an /s/ sound, then only the first part of the eɪ diphthong:

Close-mid front unrounded vowel
[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Close-mid_front_unrounded_vowel]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Close-mid_front_unrounded_vowel[/url]

When saying “I”, make this sound (the /ea/ sound in the word /sea/):

Close front unrounded vowel
[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Close_front_unrounded_vowel]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Close_front_unrounded_vowel[/url]

When saying “P” (sounds like pay), make a /p/ sound, then only the first part of the eɪ diphthong:

Close-mid front unrounded vowel
[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Close-mid_front_unrounded_vowel]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Close-mid_front_unrounded_vowel[/url]

2 Likes

dantalion’s enn is avage ayer dantalion on ca if you want to call it. ocip i’ve never heard of that but if it works why not use it? use whatever gets the job done.

personally, i wish magicians would use the IPA alphabet when writing out magickal words. it would make things MUCH easier as IPA alphabet reads the same way it is spoken.

btw, i just wrote out a pact to dantalion to write a book that explains how to contact it using only its sigil and enn. i am waiting for instruction on how to do so and when i receive it i’ll write the book up and put it on amazon for anyone to read for free if they want it. while writing the pact i tranced out a few times and saw a symbol, but didn’t get contact with dantalion beyond that. more info on this later as i receive it. i hope to have this book written and available on amazon by july 1, 2015.

4 Likes

Extremely strange question I suppose, but have any of you that have worked with this particular demon, ever noticed or got the sense of an almost hyperactive overly excitable being? I would love to compare notes on this. And I’m actually not sure what other word to use, but hyperactive. The first time I really got a good impression of him was a bit surprising because of this. Of course I have no idea how I would have expected a demonic spirit to behave and speak, but talking extremely fast, changing between at least two topics and back again every few seconds, and clearly finding his own attempts at confusing me to prove a point hilariously funny, was not at all it. I’d love to know if others have even gotten that same impression for whatever reason. I realize of course that anything is possible, that these spirits are not without emotions or personalities, but… oh my…

4 Likes

yeah i noticed that too. the first time i conjured him he showed me so much that i had trouble keeping up with it. my blog for him took me over a year and a half to look up the info and i got it all from him in only 4 days. he changed the names of some things too, and he changes the subject a lot.

another thing i noticed when i wrote what he told me on my blog: i got a very strong feeling that i was being watched by a government agency. like, it felt like they were right there with me reading everything i said that he told me to write. and i got a bunch of messages from some chinese sorcerors. it was kind of wierd tbh, but that’s goetia for you

1 Like

I think the hyperactivity (I have expedienced as well btw) comes from Dantalion’s nature. I asked how he /she could change the minds of others and know hidden thoughts and was shown a vast flowing web of thought between all humans (and other sentient beings) on planet Earth. Dantalion seemed to ride the streams like a current.

Must be pretty exciting going from mind to mind at the speed of thought, or maybe even faster than thought.

2 Likes

Well Blazewind if my experience with Satagraal is anything to go by, you never really can tell how they will act towards you. In my situation he came off as a lot more of a payful/messing with me type of personality than I ever expected based on what I read about him. Depending how connected the spirit feels to you (strong bond) and how you treat them, they can act somewhat different from person to person. Though, is that not true for all humans as well? Having emotions and freedom to act as how we wish is a very sentient thing, if anything it just proves that the being you met is a real being with its own thoughts and desires seperate from you.

2 Likes

It’s actually a bit shocking to me to read that others have actually noticed and recognized the hyperactivity thing as well. I had done a decent bit of reading about this demon before even deciding I wanted to start to work with and learn from him (or her. I found, like others, that it’s actually hard to be sure which.) In reading though I had no reason to imagine hyperactive would be expected. Strangely I would have expected either quite egotistical, or a kind of shady and weird.

Reading the last posts on this topic, I’m left with more of a strange confirmation. A kind of " Crap, I’ve actually done it," kind of reaction, lol

2 Likes

[quote=“the fool, post:25, topic:5159”]yeah i noticed that too. the first time i conjured him he showed me so much that i had trouble keeping up with it. my blog for him took me over a year and a half to look up the info and i got it all from him in only 4 days. he changed the names of some things too, and he changes the subject a lot.

another thing i noticed when i wrote what he told me on my blog: i got a very strong feeling that i was being watched by a government agency. like, it felt like they were right there with me reading everything i said that he told me to write. and i got a bunch of messages from some chinese sorcerors. it was kind of wierd tbh, but that’s goetia for you[/quote]

If you need the messages translated, send them to me. Other than that, dantalion = us govt = illuminati confirmed :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

i put everything online already. it was a bit of a headache sorting everything out, but i understand a lot of it now.

for two years afterwards, i interacted with some rather interesting characters, and i’ll leave it at that.

2 Likes

Sounds like Dantalion might be my “main man” :slight_smile: I am already a good salesman but changing careers. I have just done an evocation and certainly felt an excited energy like others have mentioned. Even now sitting in the space I did the evocation in I can feel the energy still. Asked for help with an ex who hates me. Long story.

5 Likes

Hey @Shadowmage can you keep me posted if this works for you. Have a bit the same situation.

1 Like

Would love to hear how it worked with the ex…

1 Like

for some reason Dantalion is appearing as an ancient Egyptian with the title viser with a staff made of a snake (right) and a book :open_book: in his left hand… Does this make sense to you? I get cravings to eat chocolate with cinnamon and obsessed with ancient Egyptian wisdom literature when I make contact with him.

2 Likes

Yep, it has sense - generally, Dantalion refers to ancient Middle East and he’s a spirit of wisdom, so the book and serpentine staff are suitable as the symbols of knowledge. Personally I feel his various references to forms of hermeticism, also it counts Egyptian hermetic magick, so it’s possible that you see him in this way. It can be also his more personal and meaningful appearance or form that he shows for you.

Hmm. Ya should maybe ask him about it.

3 Likes

I have seen Dantalion associated with both the Nine of Cups and the Ten of Cups. Does anyone have a strong case for one vs the other (or perhaps a link to a discussion on that subject if already beaten to death).

2 Likes

Both 9/10 Cups can represent Dantalion, there’s no a must to choose only one card representing him. Nature of the spirit can be represented by few cards, if in desk there are these specific ones that might describe his energy or aspect.

9 of Cups is a card of fulfilling your dreams
10 of Cups is about happiness, love, good times and family.

Both show positive feelings and sense of inner fulfillment, + 10 of Cups relates also to an aspect of relationships and social relations that are his domena as well.

In my personal readings he often presents himself as King of Cups or Page of Cups, both are about showing understanding and love, while King of Cups is also about teaching and mentoring in empathetic way, what personally does speak to me as Dantalion’s presence.

Be always open for manifestations through other cards, because with time and personal relationship, spirit might represent himself in more special or meaningful way to you.

4 Likes

He’s another one I’m definitely going to be working with closely.
I’ve been vibing with his energy more and more.
:blossom::blossom::blossom::blossom::blossom::blossom::blossom::blossom::blossom::blossom::blossom::blossom::blossom::blossom::blossom::blossom:

3 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: How to Reach Dantalion