Book of smokeless fire question

So I’m afraid to use the given method in the book as it seems like a Solomon method

On the other hand I know the universal circle works with any spirit and in this case I’d be working with djinn

So couldn’t I theoretically use E.A’s evocation method instead or some other respectful method that I personally feel comfortable with and would I be fine?

I wouldn’t, not with this work. The author’s opinion was that these aren’t your friendly Goetia spirits, they can and will fuck you up unless you show them you deserve respect, and the way you do that, in this case, is a show of strength and power. Hence the sword and stuff. You might have to actually use it to defend yourself as well as use it to command.

Read the intro to the book, the info there says all this and it’s important you understand al of it.

I tried it the “nice” way, I wasn’t attacked, but they didn’t do the work either. It’s not the most beginner friendly book out there. Which is says so itself, if I recall.

So in my experience, use the methods in the book as they are written. I won’t exactly say “or don’t waste your time”, because finding out for yourself is best, and I could be wrong. But if you do it the other way and it doesn’t work, that might be why.

1 Like

Do you think one could substitute

Like for example yeah it says to make a circle out of those materials but what about the universal circle

I have an incense dish

I don’t know where in the life of me to buy parchment paper

I guess I could make an oak scepter

And idk where in the life of me I’m gonna keep a sword all I have is my dagger

And the fact it actually has threats doesn’t make me feel comfortable but now I can’t cancel the order cause it went through already

Hey @Mulberry so considering I canceled the order of the book I feel this post is no longer needed and it won’t let me delete it🙂

It’s based on similar book written by nineveh shadrach called the book of deadly names. The spirits in questions are Djinns and malevolent Djinns at that according to him. The book along with several others that he produced was pulled from the market a few years ago after his publisher went under. I think was related to these particular Djinns we was working with who didn’t want him producing all these books. This is based on a podcast interview he did a few years ago.

1 Like

That is super interesting! I just had a look and there aren’t even 2nd hand copies on ebay or the handful of occult bookstores I shop at.

It does explain the “meh” feeling on the four I conjured, maybe better than “oh I was too polite” :smiley:

I’d love to compare the books out of curiosity.

You can sometimes find the book on amazon or at least you used to but it’s extremely expensive (like $600 to $700).

The Djinn are a old ancient arrogant species of spirit who are usually not easily impressed and these in particular are among some of the most nasty ever cataloged in a book. He said in the interview that he found this book while in library in Turkey where the book just fell off the shelf next to him. He put it back it but then found it again on one of tables in the library he was at or something.

Anyways you can try looking for it on amazon. It’s not there but at least you can keep a eye on it anyhow. I’ll try get the link to the interview to for you.

1 Like

You’re the indecisive type aren’t you?

Funnily enough I’ve been looking for some myself but couldn’t find any at the craft store.

You might be able to get some off Etsy or whatever, (or make paper).

If there’s any birch trees in your area you can grab a good piece of the papery bark and use that I imagine.

I found it I think.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003MR9CMA/ref=dbs_a_def_rwt_bibl_vppi_i5

HAHAHA @Mulberry JUST SENT ME THAT IN DM😂

That’s funny

Ohhh oops nevermind then I guess.

No no I appreciate it the fact multiple people sending me the same video must mean it’s important :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Oh yeah, sorry for not crediting you @MagickalStudent569 in PM for the video. :smiley: You’re totally the person I got it from.

Not too many people talk about this, and since Smokeless Fire appears to basically be a reworking of this book, although to be fair, with a strong personal touch and enhancements, more instructions etc, credit where credit’s due. It’s good to know context and history.

No worries I was just sorry I couldn’t be more useful.