Black Sun exercise

I just started this again lastnight, I forgot how intense the dreams I have are when I sleep as the Black Sun hangs over my head. It is like I spend 8 hours in a strange trance state instead of sleep. Needless to say I freaked out when my dog decided to join me in my bed I’m the middle of the night. It snapped me out of my trance when I thought a Demon of the Qlipoth jumped on my chest and started licking my face.

No TG synch is not required, this is a visualization exercise. If you have 't read anything pertaining to the Qliphoth I would advise it as it helps you understand the energies you’ll be working with.

Any proof? Etymology?[/quote]

Proof? Any book on the Qliphoth…any book. Etymology is shit if you don’t understand how the translation applies, like the Pillar of Mercy on the tree the word unity is more fitting as an English translation relates the sphere with brotherhood or joining together, while the Pillar of severity is more about seperation. Coagula and Solve, seperation and union, chaos and order all these words depict the relationship of these two pillars far better than their translation of mercy and severity.

So if a book says something, then it’s true?

No. Etymology means a whole fucking lot. It’s one of the most important things. The names show the essence of the thing. Tagir in Hebrew means “Merchant” and ON in Greek means “Existence”, as well as “Sun” in Egyptian.

A name is nothing more than a point of reference. If a bird is called a dog it does not change shape. Personal experience should trump etymology. If the meaning of the name does not align with the “purpose” of the sphere, then fuck the name. It’s only there by association anyway.
The form is not the essence.

Never said that, but I honestly have no problem taking he word of a scholar and student of the subject over the word of someone on the Internet who has yet to publish their own work on the subject. Both Karlsson and NAA-218 concur on the point that Thagirion is the realm of the disputers, the painful movers. My own experiences with the black sun also confirm this.

http://becomealivinggod.com/forum/general-discussion/thoughts-on-a-dream-(black-sun)/60/

If I’m not mistaken you said you got little results from this exercise so what experiences are you going by?

No. Etymology means a whole fucking lot. It’s one of the most important things. The names show the essence of the thing. Tagir in Hebrew means “Merchant” and ON in Greek means “Existence”, as well as “Sun” in Egyptian.
[/quote]

The fact that you removed the rest of the comment from your quote points out your looking to argue. As I said IF YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND how those words apply then it is pointless. Your piecing together words from different languages to make your point. So the literal translation of Tagir means merchant, how does that word apply to how the Hebrews associated that word? What essence was associated with the sun in Greek and Egyptian culture? Like I pointed out with the translation Mercy and Severity other words more aptly depict the essence which got lost in translation.

So if I know something I have to immediately publish it… or what? Seriously, this is your argument?

I thought I said etymology, not experience. I’ve yet to travel the Qliphoth.

That’s your opinion.

Yes, so? There are many names that are composed of words from different languages. Like Belial, which is wrongly thought to mean “Without worth” or “Without a Master”. It actually means “The Lord my God”. Bel is the Sumerian word for Lord, while Al is the Aramaic word for God.

Just like Elion means God my Sun.

I don’t understand this question.

There’s the city of ON, in which the sun was worshiped. And again, ON in Greek means Existence.

So if I know something I have to immediately publish it... or what? Seriously, this is your argument?
No, my argument is I'll take the word of someone who has experience and knowledge over someone who doesn't.
I thought I said etymology, not experience. I've yet to travel the Qliphoth.

So you have no experience to back up your statements. See the above comment.

I don't understand this question.

I’ll use an easier example. Take the word Bad, if you look at its most basic meaning it means something. Use it in different context and it means something else entirely.

I have a bad race car.

I have a bad sinus infection.

Based on the context of the sentence one example means something positive while the other means something negative. A thousand years from now if someone was to examine these two comments based solely on the word they would conclude that in both sentences Bad meant something negative. A student of language however would be able to look at the context of how the language was used. The point is words can have multiple meanings and unless you know how they were being used and also how those words may be better translated you can make a simple mistake. In the first example good would have been a better translation while in the second example the meaning was accurate.

I’ll bow out of this conversation now as it is not on topic and you’ve admitted you have not much to offer in way of practical experience.

So if someone published something, it automatically means that person has experience? You should know better.

Until you realize this, this discussion is over.

TWF&Elison === > I think we should create a thread only for you to fight.

@timothy is there way we could get an ignore button on balg where anything a user post doesn’t show up? this would allow for the streamlining of content without inconsequential distractions like elison and sunas.

My first six days with the black sun:

Day 1: There was an incredible sense of euphoria that was completely counter to what everyone seemed to describe. In fact, it was shocking just how good it felt to raise the black sun. Definitely was impressed and very happy. It got the point where it felt like I should pull back, but I pushed through it. Not five seconds later it peaked and I felt that the visualization was “done” and that pushing through it was the entire point.

Day 2: Basically nothing happened this day. I was very upset about this, but decided to let it go and see what happened the next day.

Day 3: Euphoria again, this time I also saw small flashes and little squiggles flying through the air. Definitely cool. I really felt my vision starting to open up.

Day 4: The second I started to raise the sun I felt as though I was being pulled into it, as though it had reached out and grabbed me. I let the image continue, and honestly it just felt like my imagination, but regardless it was cool. I ended up in a temple. The temple seemed to have some sort of brownish metal (but not bronze) that stretched out maybe 10 feet in front of me. Beyond that was a massive drop off and all I can describe as a massive lake of fight, light, and darkness reaching up from far, far down below. Before that was a creature with the general look of a man. His skin was red but he had a green robe with several silver plates. On his left hip was a black tome. On his right hip was a massive ceremonial dagger of an ornateness that was really quite shocking. Next to him was a tablet propped up against a stone. Several names had been inscribed on the stone. He threw the dagger to my feet. I felt prompted to cut my hand and ink my name into the stone in blood. As I did, tablet seemed to drink it and the blood disappeared but my name suddenly became etched into the tablet below the others. At this point, fairly convinced it was imaginary I backed out and went back to meditating.

Day 5: As the sun rose over my head I was given a list of numbers. I’ve put them into a square and am currently looking it over to see if it’s of any use.

Day 6: Euphoria again, and a sense of absolute power from the black sun. It no longer floated above me, but was all around me in my room. It was inside of me, and I was inside of it. Very powerful.

Ultimately: I’m going to keep going with the exercises indefinitely. I think that instead of causing the sun to set when I awaken I’m instead going to be using this visualization throughout the day, superimposing the black sun over everything and everywhere. I have three major goals with my practices, and soul travelling to and evoking the black sun is one of them. I’m very excited to keep working with this. A powerful exercise to say the least.

1 Like

Great post. I have just started the exercise again, and I seem to notice more of a realness to mylife, like I can see through a facade. Perhaps if you continue through this exercise indefinitely you may be someone who sees through the illusion at all times. Keep us posted, this is interesting.

I too have just started the exercise again. I am on Day 4. No effects to report. Instead of raising the sun upon sleeping, I’ve been visualizing it rising at sundown, around 5pm where I am, and setting when I awaken. During the time I am awake, I have been bringing the sun into my awareness every four or five hours.

So you’re suppose to visualize the sun in the room you’re performing the exercise in? Or visualize it outside?

Just finished nine days of this exercise. I can say that yes, it does help you increase your magic’s potency. Now it does not super charge your magic in the way like you think, it instead disputes your reality and accuses you of being fooled by your own insecure view of reality.
It bugs you constantly “You can do better?” “Why are you here?” will be your constant companions followed by a quickening depression that refocuses your life. You see what is important, and what needs to go and what you need to do.

In the end your life and magic are freer of clutter, thus free to move about better.

Powerful exercise, but I wouldn’t so it for long…unless you want to.

Does this exercise have to be done while drifting into sleep or can you do it in your temple then go to bed? My daughter likes to keep me awake,but doesn’t bother me as much if I’m performing ritual or meditating for some reason is why I’m asking the question.

I have always done this as I drifted off to sleep. I guess you could tell your daughter that you are going to meditate while you fall asleep and ask her not to keep you up ( I have no idea how old your daughter is, so that may not be a possibility if she is really young). I have woken up from dreams and it never really broke the presence of the Black Sun.

ditto… I get woke up constantly, but the signs that the black sun is in effect(the surreal vividness, the darker color schemes and weird emotional states in my case) do not go away, they just pop up in the next dream.

Interesting. I have had no results from performing the Black Sun meditation.

Yeah the first night I did the exercise was the first time in awhile I had that vivid of. a dream (nightmare).And everytime I woke up I would stay concious for a few seconds but never really felt like I was comi.g out of the dreamstate.Almost like I was trapped there.