Black Magick Manifesto, the Religious RHP and the God of Pantheism

So after finally getting around to reading Timothy’s Black Magick Manifesto, I found myself agreeing with just about everything from the insanity of religious dogma to the ideals of egoism. I consider myself a black magician in many of the senses outlined in the booklet, though I’m unconvinced that black magicians NEED to be total atheists and/or perfect rationalists. In my eyes, magick is an art, and requires the same form of rational suspension that creation of any other art does. Maybe I’m talking nonsense, but it’s at least food for thought.

Anyway, as far as the argument on God/Divinity, what about the Divinity that EA talks about in Mastering Soul Travel? The pure summit of existence? Not some God of Abraham who can directly issue commands (clearly some sort of astral form) and hates heretics and LGBTQ+ people. It seems like EA is talking about some sort of pantheistic God, except as opposed to someone like Alan Watts, EA includes the series of planes (astral, causal, the abyss, formative, etc.) which lead back to the “Source” or “Divinity”. I think of this as true “God”. It’s not even really a God that can be worked with outside of the context of the Soul Travel course and similar work, but it does seem to be “there”.

Is it just that EA and Timothy disagree with each other here? Or is someone releasing false information? Is there even a Truth (capital T… I’m skeptical as to whether that even exists… ugh, epistemological meltdown!) to speak of on this matter? Is EA himself now outside of the belief system he used on one of his most major educational releases? Or is there some reconciliation that I’m missing?

I’d love to hear from these two on the matter, but I’d also love to get my fellow forum members opinions! Thank you to BALG for the opportunity to pose questions like this, on top of everything else it’s done for me!

Well, the Source just is. And was, and will be.

It highly differentiates itself from the God of Abraham because the God of Abraham has his will, his law, and his ambitions, whereas the All, is, well…all. As ‘‘all things’’ on a highest level, highest being devoid of ‘‘qualities’’ such as duality and causality, and basically a homogeneous pool of…all-thing-ness, it has no specific wills.

So there is no sacred morality to it. Only some laws, on how it works.

In fact, we can look at magic as being just as scientific as any other invention. It’s something extremely natural, that would be there, even without us, and function as it does now, even without us, that we are simply taking advantage of. It’s something natural, and already there that we’ve learned to use.

Humans are magical creatures, but magic isn’t human.

[quote=“Arcane, post:2, topic:8064”]Well, the Source just is. And was, and will be.

It highly differentiates itself from the God of Abraham because the God of Abraham has his will, his law, and his ambitions, whereas the All, is, well…all. As ‘‘all things’’ on a highest level, highest being devoid of ‘‘qualities’’ such as duality and causality, and basically a homogeneous pool of…all-thing-ness, it has no specific wills.

In fact, we can look at magic as being just as scientific as any other invention. It’s something extremely natural, that would be there, even without us, and function as it does now, even without us, that we are simply taking advantage of. It’s something natural, and already there that we’ve learned to use.

Humans are magical creatures, but magic isn’t human.[/quote]

Wow, So truth, I Believe exactly the same.

[quote=“Arcane, post:2, topic:8064”]Well, the Source just is. And was, and will be.

Damn, sweet finish lol. I guess my intention was (and is) to try to redefine the word “God” to mean the Source because I tend to find great existential comfort in the existence of a Source, similar to the sort that people feel when thinking about a “Creator God” such as the God of Abraham. I must be assuming that other people are trying to do the same redefining that I felt I needed to do.

Thanks for the insight, my friend!

[quote=“zthomas7, post:4, topic:8064”][quote=“Arcane, post:2, topic:8064”]Well, the Source just is. And was, and will be.

Damn, sweet finish lol. I guess my intention was (and is) to try to redefine the word “God” to mean the Source because I tend to find great existential comfort in the existence of a Source, similar to the sort that people feel when thinking about a “Creator God” such as the God of Abraham. I must be assuming that other people are trying to do the same redefining that I felt I needed to do.

Thanks for the insight, my friend![/quote]

‘‘God’’ is, as said before, a human term. You can call it Source, or ‘‘the All’’ or Parashiva, or ‘‘God’’, and it probably won’t change much unless it’s within your own direct workings.

However, I think it is worth looking into the etymology of the word God, and how it ties into LHP mindsets.