Beyond Possibility- Ryce's Journal

The deeper I delve into this, the more reality, normality, pushes back. I literally was doing nothing when I started, and now out of the blue its a competition for my time and attention. People are recognizing and wanting to talk with me, and I haven’t even done the First Flame Initiation.

By now I reread the exercises and operations, The Lessons, just about daily digging through EAs words. I was reading his commentary on the fifth lesson, as it is the one I have moved on to for now. This quote really stuck with me today:

…You will find that experience, when cultivated through positive repetition, is the greatest affirmation of the reality of a thing… So, become as a child, unconcerned about peer acceptance, unconcerned about results validation, unconcerned about proving your worth, and unconcerned about the possibility of failure…

When I first really was getting to working with Chi and energy in general, I would often call my teacher on the phone. We’d talk about what was being taught, I had a bunch of questions, and at the time I did not even think most of what was brought up was possible. She gave me the same advice, become as a child, and just practice with the pure simple joy and exploring confidence that kid ‘you’ had. I thought and thought and thought, puzzled by how to do this, but eventually, after much practice… I began to just practice for the sake of practicing, not going after some goal of power or being able to do the Death Touch. When I unburdened myself from the anxiety of seeking immediate results and looking for validation within my practice, I started to really grow in my capacity for chi energy.

Its amazing how something so simple, like changing the way you view a situation or your own actions, can have such an impact on not only your state of mind, but your world as well.

Anybody can do it. It is simple. Give yourself permission to go forward, and then be amazed by what YOU can do when you put your mind to it.

Anyway, I was reminded of my initial training, and felt compelled to share.

4 Likes

Amen, and thanks for reposting this, it’s something that really should be right at the top of every page on here! :+1:

…You will find that experience, when cultivated through positive repetition, is the greatest affirmation of the reality of a thing… So, become as a child, unconcerned about peer acceptance, unconcerned about results validation, unconcerned about proving your worth, and unconcerned about the possibility of failure…

2 Likes

It’s been a little over a month now since I started working with the OAA.

I am up to exercise 6, upon which after is the Initiation into the First Flame.

My thoughts on this are mixed, as I feel that I can do some of the Lessons better than others. I want to feel like I’ve ‘mastered’ them before I really move onto the first initiation, but then I may never get to the first flame. xD As mastery does not happen over the course of a month, or months, but years and years of dedicated practice, learning from mistakes, and being tested.

I feel like I can do Lesson 6 better than Lesson 5, the breathing out of godnames is different for me. I am not used to chanting or really vibrating words. A lot of my magick and work is mental, which is probably why I can feel the pulsing absoluteness of the sphere in Lesson 6 quite well, but falter away and barely connect with what is being taught on 5.

Doing Lessons 1-6 (skipping 3- the candles) takes me a little over an hour if I do them one after another. I am not so much concerned about the time it takes, but moreso on how I feel while doing them. There are a few that I feel more and more disconnected from as I do them, they have become sort of monotonous, and I feel that I am just going through the motions. The fresh breath of air I felt doing Lesson 2 has faded rather fast. Lesson 3, I never really connected with and just did it, soldiering through the colors. Not to say I did not learn anything, and the 3rd lesson did challenge me in ways I havent been challenged in a while. It is just, I never really ‘felt’ the Lesson, I don’t think. Maybe I am looking too hard at things that are right in front of my nose? I am not sure if its just how I am approaching it now, but just sitting through it is starting to feel like work.

Anyway, I am going to look up tips on vibrating god names and see if I can’t do better.

I am going to give myself this week, and probably next as well, before I consider taking the first step and Initiating into the First Flame. Slow, steady, and consistent wins the race.

1 Like

So I haven’t been keeping this as updated as I would like. This is a reoccurring pattern I see. Though a lot of what I do xD I keep to myself as putting it out there before its finished will result in unneeded scrutiny and abject talk about the possibility of doing it at all.

I wasn’t sure where to post this experience, so I will just drop it in my journal to keep note of it.

Today I want to talk about the importance of shields, wards, and preemptive magic in preventing tragedy. Recent events revolving around my brother have given me a lot to think about in this regard, and a lot to be thankful for.

As a practitioner of magic you are uniquely gifted to sever, twine, and interfere with the threads of fate itself. You can bend circumstance, probability, and sheer dumb luck to your will. To a certain degree. Going deeper you can preemptively get a jump on situations ‘out of your control’ via magic, and influence all areas of your life, both within and without, circumstances that have happened, and that COULD happen -even in the lives of others-. Your power is not so finite that your world centers around you, but you can shield others as well. The future is malleable to a degree, but with enough power behind your intent, I have not proved this so I am ill to say this, but I believe with enough power one might be able to even rewrite what is ‘predestined’. Go against the will of the world itself. Against fate. IF fate or some higher will beyond the practitoners does indeed exist. This has been a puzzle I have been puzzling (lol) about for some time now: the concept of Fate in the face of magic.

However my workings point to a degree of success in this regard.

There is a very select few people in this world that I truly love and hold in high regard. I know that if anything happened to them, I would be pretty shaken. That is why I weaved together a share of shields, wards, and preemptive magic to help protect them from misfortune, and keep them on the path best suited to their desires and current needs. Since the energy I put around them works harmoniously with their ideals, it is easily integrated and accepted, and I have had little pushback from their spiritual protectors in this regard.

Yesterday, all my efforts paid off big time for my little brother. When he came to live with me about two years ago, he was in deep with drugs and other illegal activities. He had contact with not so good people keeping him from his highest self. He was constantly depressed, hopeless, and had a bleak outlook on the world itself. Slowly, he has changed. He is getting his life together, going to school, working hard on obtaining what he wants to do in life, thinking and PLANNING about the future, etc. With this growth, he realized his past acquaintances no longer served him, and their mindset and ideals about the world were not right for him. He cut off contact with that particular group of people, especially since they were not able to see or help him grow anymore.

I knew he was in deep. Deeper than I cared to imagine. So I crafted quite a few wards against guns, shootings, and ill intent directed his way via gunpoint, etc, etc. I crafted most of those with earth and fire, as the base elements, to burn away and ‘send to the earth’ those who would do him harm when he is working on bettering his life.

I know it is highly unlikely I would be able to stop a physical bullet being shot with my current power. I just have not awakened that output yet. So the best way to go about it is to steer it clear from my path or in this case my brothers path, before it even happens. There is ‘zero possibility’ that his ‘friends’ from another life would be able to do him harm by shooting him.

His ‘friend’ went on a rampage yesterday. He broke into another guys house, held him at gunpoint, was talking about shooting my brother -as apparently he was on the list to die-, but he could not find my brother no matter where he looked. At the time, my brother was in class at college.

In the end, nobody was hurt. Even the person my brothers ‘friend’ held at gunpoint. The ‘friend’ could not pull the trigger on anyone, but himself. He blew his own brains out instead of killing those who were on his list.

I like to think that when he targeted my brother, my wards activated, and the fires consumed him, and the earth laid him to rest. I won’t take credit for nobody getting hurt, but the moment he targeted one of my loved ones, he fucked up. Especially since he was going to use a gun, which I specifically warded against.

It was also amazing that he did not come here, where I live, looking for my brother. He has been here before, a long time ago, right when my bro was cutting ties with everyone. So it wasnt like he did not know where my brother lives, or where he would be at. I’d like to credit that to the strong shields I have in place around my place.

With enough foresight, preparation, and energy put into defense, I believe one can avoid most ‘avoidable’ misfortunes. If you are lax on your shields, please, put them up. Work with them. Strengthen and nurture them. You never know when they will stop a shooter, a break in, a deer jumping out at you in the road, etc.

I place protection around most things from my car to my condo to the people I take care of, and every time they have come in handy and every so often I am reminded to be thankful for my preparations. Just like yesterday. I have more stories like that, but they are mostly surrounding my car xD

2 Likes

So my working paid off better than expected.

My mother told me I don’t have to worry about the money she lent me (a sizable amount). If you knew her, this is highly uncharacteristic of her. I thought the binding would get her to stop asking me for more and more money, but instead, it made her to come to realization that I dont need to pay her back?

Or maybe the guilt of banking our (my siblings) college funds (from our aunt -RIP-) into her retirement finally got to her.

Either way, I am free from that burden. I can move onto fixing other things with magic now.

2 Likes

To those doubting the potency of their magic and the abilities of own divine godhood, I have yet another instant manifestation to put forth.

Tl:DR-

I did not want this new employee to stick around. Put forth that he WILL walk out. Was off yesterday. Dreading to work today because I have to train this POS. Well he did not walk out yesterday, but today, on my shift, he walked out. WIN.

Long Story-

Our company thought it would be a good idea to hire a Hobo. A legitimate hobo, right off the street. Been a hobo for 20 years, or so he bragged. This guy was in his late 40’s, working a minimum wage job. Right now I am training 3 other people, along with The Hobo. This guy is the only one that has a chip on his shoulder about the actual work. Its not the work itself, but it is being told what to do. He doesnt like taking direction or being told what to do. He gets defensive. The thing is, I have no problem hanging back, but you have to follow procedure and do things right. When you constantly fuck the process up, I am going to correct you. That is my job.

Every shift I had with him was bad. I didn’t want him there, and observing him, I got the idea of using his own energy against him -that defensive pride and bad attitude, general negativity- and reflect it right back at him. I have zero patience for that being directed at me. The thing is, I try to communicate and be open, but it was just grating.

So I collected his negativity, and kept it with me, holding it in a sphere. I would charge it with the idea of wanting to quit, raging and walking out, the thoughts such as ‘I am going to walk out’ ‘I am only making minimum wage; this is not worth it’ and other such parameters. Then at the end of the day I would shoot it back at him, and let the energy build and build around him.

Seeds are planted.

That means, he will be easier to manipulate when I got home.

Thursday, I meditated and Willed him to walk out of the job. I really did not want to see him Friday, so I bombarded the fuck out him with energy. I thought for sure he would have walked out.

Come Friday, he comes in to my dismay. Doesnt follow directions. Does what he wants, and things are out of order. I try to correct the behavior, but he keeps on being more and more defensive about being told what to do. I dont know how many times I heard ‘I am an adult’ from his lips. Yeah, and I am just a fucking college student, get over yourself.

Things escalated when I asked him not to put dirty stuff (that was on the floor) on our clean cutting surface. That is where we work with the dough, and we don’t need floor germs or dirt in our dough! He flew off the handle there, and started talking about how he doesnt need to be told what to do, or how things are done, etc. It was really dumb. I took all that energy and reflected it back at him, cutting him off this time when he started to talk and was like “Look, you need to listen to me. This is how we do things here, and this what the process is and how it will always be. I need you to do your job. I don’t want to argue about this.”

Yeah, that went over well. By then the General Manager came xD and was listening to what I was telling him, and when he started yelling at me again, she cut in and handled the situation.

So for telling him what to do, when he is in training and doesnt know what he is doing, I am micromanaging and we just throw people to the wolves here… Yeah, when you dont listen you wont know what to do.

Anyway, the whole time I am manipulating his energy, projecting ‘quit’ so loudly in my head, and picturing him walking off. I really wanted him to just walk out. It ended up, he walked out, but also I made sure he was officially ‘fired’ so that he can’t and won’t be back here. Done with that shit. He did not even make it two weeks.

When I started to really focus on him walking out, was Wednesday and Thursday when I got home.

So yeah, playing with peoples energy fields, implanting suggestions, and willing things to happen works.

I also got a 100% tip today after I was like ‘I need more money/dont get paid enough to deal with this shit’. So win-win for me.

I can manifest things on my own, with my own power. My magic gets physical results!

4 Likes

-Dream Post-

I told myself I will be trying to record my dreams more often, so I am going to start publishing some of them that I can bother to type up here. Comments are welcome, but not expected -like every post here-. Mostly for self reference.

This dream happened tonight, and it shared the same location of other dreams I have had before, with people who seem familiar but distant. Its like they are family, but I dont know them. I do share a love for them though, as is seen in my actions throughout the dream(s). Like one time the house was going to be destroyed by a tornado, two tornadoes actually, and I ran through it herding all the animals and finding all the occupants to the basement. I was frantically looking for a “Meghan” -who just by dream logic I knew had disabilities and would have trouble making it to the basement in time, so I was going to get her specifically, while telling my brothers to get down with the dogs asap-. My dreams about this place are weirdly detailed in ways like that.

It all takes place in a quite large, old estate-like house. Complete with fading paint, but the glorious history that hints of life, of adventure and the stories the place could tell, warmed its halls better than the fireplaces spotted throughout. Its not so rundown that it is in disrepair, it is just too big for me to take care of myself. So there is evidence of care -like the garden in the front of the house and the hanging plants on the wrap-around porch- it is just there is a lot to be done to the place for it to be pristine. Like the floors could be buffered and polished again, some of the spokes in the railing need replaced, the outside could use a fresh coat of paint. Stuff like that.

The dream begins with a single command in sheer darkness:

Cultivate.

The word resonated through me and I knew that I needed to be gathering energy to further establish the base as I am close to fusion -the point where the mass of chi reaches a critical state and its a do or die in which yin and yang combine and one becomes whole, but not quite ‘immortal’ yet-.

Cultivate.

The shadows stir around me as I am in sheer darkness. They caress my form and poke and tease at me. Then I hear my name being called, louder and louder, more frantic. I feel a hand on my shoulder and I ‘wake up’ -in the dream- in my room in the manor. One of my brothers is shaking my shoulder telling me that I need to get up, that an intruder in the house, and that he stole a book! He also saw this person shapeshift, he can turn into a rat and sneak around, and he has the book.

I am still groggy from being woken up, but I leap out of bed intent on confronting whoever it was that was in MY house. I ask my brother what book he saw him take, and it takes him a minute to remember. I go down the halls, flicking the lights on as I go, but when I reach the library, the lights wont turn on. Then my brother remembers the book. He tells me that the rat stole the "Book of Masters" your book of Masters!

I felt a chill run through me when I was told the Book of Masters was taken, and I felt an urgent need to get it back. I try the lights again, but they wont turn on for the library, so I take a step into the darkness, but before I get too far past the library door my brother hugs me around the middle. He is small, like 8 or 9 in my dream, and I see him crying telling me not to go. Its not worth it. The rat is dangerous if he can touch the Book of Masters.

I am stopped by this, and I pat him on the head and smile down. I tell him not to worry, and ask him to go to hang out with the dog. Go pet Chrono -the oversized dog that is the size of a small pony-. So he runs off, intent to do so.

I don’t go any further into the library but announce that I would like the book back, and that I know the thief is there. I step out into the hallway, and the lights go out there too. I am in darkness, and I hear skittering. I feel scared, but I swallow my heart and turn to face it. I knew that I had to get my book back, and that I couldn’t let it be taken from me…

And that is how the dream ends. XD I am cultivating power in the dream -at a critical point- as well, and have sense that I need to get the Book of Masters back at any cost.

1 Like

tl;dr- Mom is in the hospital, her heart is giving out. I think I caused it. I don’t know how I feel about it.

When I started on this path I did not think that power would be such a burden. I feel a lot of conflict in how I should use my abilities. I don’t want to hurt people, but sometimes things just happen. Ill say something to them, and then it will happen, just like in the fucking movies. For example, in my teenage years when I was just discovering this power of manifestation, my mom had a boyfriend who I fucking hated. I told him to ‘watch out for the deer on the second red light or you might get hurt.’ He laughed at me, and then drove off for the night. Turns out, he crashed his car, swerving to avoid a deer that jumped out of him past the second light out of town. I just chose the number out of my ass xD I was just trying to freak him out.

A more recent example was my co-worker was going to a concert. Then it popped into my head that the concert was going to be cancelled, so I told him ‘Sorry about your concert. Its cancelled.’ And he looked at my like I was crazy, said ‘no its not’ and then proceeded to drive all the way there. Well, right before the show was about to start, the band had to cancel because the singer could not sing because of a cold.

Then yesterday, I was lunch with my mom. We don’t have the best relationship, and I am trying to work on it. She was feeling so much better and actually had energy, but she told me she needs to start working on her blood pressure else she is liable to have a heart attack. I sarcastically said, “It’d be a shame if you had a heart attack now. Things are just starting to look up for you.” Though when I said it, I felt the words settle in the air, and there was a silence . I laughed it off, but felt a shift in the energy afterwards. I did nothing about it.

So tonight, I get a call that my mom is in the hospital, even after she seemed to be doing 100% better than before. Is her heart.

I am unsure how to feel about this.

There have been many, many times where I have wanted her dead and gone. Life would be so much easier without her pestering or destroying everything I try to build. How she is left my sister to fend for herself in a house that she can’t take care of, etc. If mom was gone, we could work to get my sister the help she needs (as she is retarded and needs a caretaker) not just abandoned good luck. There are a million things that would be resolved with her gone.

On the other hand, she is my mom. You know, its stupid, but I do still love her. I just wish she did not make everything so dramatic. That she chose not to be so selfish all the time, because she does not see who it hurts. She constantly fucks people over, and wormed every dime she could get out of the divorce, etc. There is a lot of just selfishness that is hard to ignore, a lot of mind games, a lot of twisting of words and reality, a lot of mental abuse that I had to rise out of.

I just did not expect the manifestation to be so sudden, and with such force that it could knock her down even though she was on an uptrend. I felt the energy building, and I did nothing about it. I just have a lot to process.

2 Likes

That must be hard to deal with, I’m sorry.

2 Likes

ditto

1 Like

Personal update:

Mom is out of the hospital and is going to be fine as long as she addresses her weight and begins to get serious about being healthier. She can’t die at 55 years >.>

I talked at length with her about starting simple and doing easy things. Start by walking, moving a little more, etc. I am not a fitness expert but I do make sure I get my heart moving and blood pumping every week.

I even suggested she start qi gong, as there are a lot of forms of it and a lot of elderly people do it for its light cardo. It might even help her in other ways as well. She seemed unsure, so I gave her a book and told her to read it.

I wanted to tell her about the Elixir of Life/Golden Flower, but I wasnt sure that was the right time. Baby steps.

In other news I started a working today to help my friend get back his former living situation. Long story short, he showed up at my doorstep last night, broken arm and black eye. Now he has no place to go, so he is on the couch right now. I told him, made it very clear, that this arrangement is temporary and unsustainable. That he needs to clear up misunderstandings with his family and open a dialogue with them. Though Mercury Retrograde…

I did a few workings to expedite things, and the moment I lit the candles, his mom called. A good sign I think. Just get through to your brother and gtfo of my house.

Its only been a day and already his energy is bothering me and his presence is interfering with my normal writing habits. Its hard to write when he is sitting around the place bored all day. The sooner he leaves the better. Which is why I invoked the energies of specific tarot cards to help deal with this situation.

The Eight of Wands
Six of Swords
The Sun

I suppose I should have done something for communication, but I just wanted to get the ball moving forward and out of place. >.>

I may do more work still!

I just hate being imposed on, and he is lucky that I’ve known him since Elementary else I would have laughed him out already.

2 Likes

So, my spell got almost instant results.

The situation went from 'I dont know where I am going, Ryce. I don’t have to be an awful guest… Mom wont talk to me, my brothers suck, etc."

To

“Mom called, we went out to eat, talked over the situation. Uncle is going on a business trip, and while I am not allowed home, I can stay at his place and house sit and feed the cats.” And it sounded like when his mom gets back from the trip with the uncle they will talk about him going back home.

Thank goodness for the power of invoking Tarot archetypes directly into someones life. Go 8 of Wands! Go Sun! Go six of swords for clearing the path to allow for a talk to happen!

I am satisfied with the result. All the while I don’t have to be the ‘bad guy’ and kick him out after a week.

3 Likes

Been feeling weird. Just moody lately. I blame RL stress - AKA Mom and Psych Ward Friend. Beyond is just a rant and rambling. xD Fair warning. Yay for the Retrograde?

I fail more often than I succeed in magic.

I get distracted during meditation. I have been staring at the psi wheel for some time now. No movement. I get too relaxed and fall asleep while trying to soul travel. I have dreams, but I don’t write them down as often as I should. When I have a busy day, I can easily put off cultivation or qi gong until the end of the day, then be totally drained by the time I get around to it; therefore not getting the most out of my practice. I too doubt myself sometimes. Doubt is an easy beasty to acknowledge.

I do ‘things’ daily: like meditation and qi gong mostly. I read and write and think about magic daily. I mostly do energy work, commune with elements, and do a lot of my magic on the fly and ‘tool less’.

I get laughed at, told that my beliefs are fake. I get sneers, and jeers, and even when explaining something as simple as the energy palm test I get ‘Look, Ryce is doing magic. Oooh better watch out. Ryce is a scaaarrry black magician.’ Little do you know, man, how right you are. People don’t even know your path judge you and assume the worst. I don’t even talk about magic at work xD but was asked by some co-workers if I could feel ‘energy’ to which I was like ‘yeah, and you can too with a bit of practice… and when you get really good you can do x, y, and z.’ All of which points (x, y, and z) backed up by personal experience.

I am stupidly human.

Though, I forge on. I practice and observe, and cultivate my mind, body, and spirit. I do it, not for others, but for myself. My failures are my own, by my own mind, in my own head. In the same vein that my success is there too. It is easy to break the world into black and white, success and failure, good and evil, light and dark magic. To focus wholly on the most transcendental parts of the journey, instead of taking it as the whole. Its not a balancing act with ticks on the board: ||| Success - ||||||||| Failure.

It is easy to get discouraged and give up. To just quit…

Ok, now what?

I am going to keep on moving on, and take the result as the path.

2 Likes

So I have been helping a few ‘baby witches’ (as they call themselves) find their feet in the unnervingly vast occult world. I have been careful not to influence their path too much with my own ideals or models of the world, but instead suggesting sources of information and answering their questions as directly as I can.

They are mostly into what you would think beginners are into. They like the candles and moon phases and the artsy stuff. They have altars and really just cool Books of Shadows. One of them is a very visual learner and so makes note cards and draws everything. I am forever inspired by how she presents information in graph form while making it visually appealing with color and doodles. It is very neat.

They have actually been really inspiring to me, even if they are very ‘Pintrest Witch’ right now. They have a lot to grow and creativity and curiosity. Ill help them out however I can without being Edgelord Black Magician Ryce xD

All they know is that I have been practicing for a while now and that I know a lot of stuff. I want to keep it that way. No specifics about my own path unless it calls for it.

IDK I have been feeling really just BLAH lately, and they have been a revitalizing influence. I actually enjoy talking to them about their simple candle magic, what crystals are good for what, color associations, etc. Its like I can finally open up in real life about some of the things that I find ‘very interesting’ and am kind of passionate about. It has been a good stress relief among all the bull shit that has been happening to me lately with friends and family.

The amount of gratitude and general curiosity I get from them is amazing. I am grateful for them because it has made me stop and forced me to look on how I view things before explaining things to them. I have been hyper-vigilant about what I tell them, and it has gotten me to think deeper on a few subjects that I have been avoiding.

I have been alone for the most part, with only a single friend who ‘‘dabbles’’ but doesnt really take it seriously. Like with how inconsistent he is about the work, he will never get anywhere. It is just that simple. I never thought that I would be a teacher figure, but it is kind of nice.

I wont let their continuous streams of ‘thank you!’ or ‘thank you so much for your help’ get to my head.

I was thanked like 3 times in a short 15 min text back and forth with one of them today. I did not count how many times I was thanked, but it seemed excessive. I sort of like want to be humble and don’t really respond well to ‘thank you’. I say things ‘your welcome :D’ or ‘Anytime!’ but the last time I was like ‘now you can go drink to your newfound power!’

It started with a joke. I was telling one of them about a spell to grab attention and keep it, so that she will stand out in an interview. One of them chimed in, ‘Do you know how to find a lost object? I lost my license and now I can’t get a drink anywhere.’ I laughed because I thought they were joking. I have not really done ‘lost object’ spells before, but I told them I’d think about it.

I knew she was into rocks, crystals and stones. So it just came to me while I was at work. Lodestone. So I find her later on, and tell her that I have been thinking about her situation and that I was drawn to lodestone. I told her how to program it to draw her license back to her and left it at that.

Well today, she texted me with a picture of her license and said something like ‘good call on the lodestone’.

Wins all around. It is a shame she already ordered a new license xD and went to the SoS and everything.

Eh, I guess it sums up to: it is nice to feel appreciated.

3 Likes

This is a rant. . . Fair warning

I Can’t Summon/Don’t Know If… Spirit X! Can you do it for me?

I’ve been getting a lot of PMs lately about spirit communication and how to achieve it, and while I will answer questions I don’t necessarily want to confirm or deny messages from spirits or if they have ‘accepted’ such and such pact or working you did. I don’t think people understand what they are asking when they ask this of other members. When you do so, you are giving away your power and putting it in the hands of someone who may or may not have your best interest at heart. It is how you get played, putting a middle man between you and your work.

I understand the lust for ‘can he hear me’ the creeping doubt, but that is something all magicians have to wrestle with. It is YOUR battle, not mine. I have absolutely zero interest in checking in with being X, Y, or Z for you. Doing so would take time out of my day, and I have enough problems to worry about, and my own to do. Personally if I don’t know your username at a glance or we haven’t interacted at all, and you come out of the blue asking for something offering nothing in return, it comes off as rude and entitled like you don’t respect my time, even if you ask nicely with please.

There is a TON of information on this forum about interacting with spirits and what to offer and how to deal with offerings. Different opinions on offerings and how to contact who and for what reasons are valid, etc. Honestly, a lot of the good topics are buried under heaps of 'I CANT DO X!" and the same advice is peddled out, over and over and over again. Seriously people, the bare minimum is being able to achieve some sort of calm and altered state of mind. It is not too difficult, it just takes practice and persistence.

I am above checking in on Spirit X for you. I won’t do it. Though I will give you advice on how you can achieve contact yourself. I have sent many, many PMs with the how to and various links, etc. The full enchilada. Most of the time, I get nothing back. I assume they go and look for another who might be willing to check in on Spirit X for them instead of doing the work themselves.

A lot of people fixate on contact, but actual contact means nothing. If you are getting results, that is all that matters. If you are constantly doubting yourself, your abilities, and therefor the pact that you made with Spirit X, then you are taking away from your own abilities and hindering the spirits impact on your life. These forces are indeed separate from you, but they still have trouble manipulating your environment if you get in the way. I am not talking about Lust for Results, but rather the plague of doubt that hinders and locks away your own power more than any Lust could.

A common thing on here is not to make a pact with a spirit until you can communicate with them. I understand the logic in that, but also, I understand that spirit communication takes time and practice. There is a lot of advice on here that says you shouldn’t summon X because it is ‘disrespectful’ to do unless you have a goal or purpose. This is where I disagree.

Newbies, go ahead and summon Spirit X for practice, but before you go crazy summoning every spirit in the book, do it with a mindful intent to make contact. Not, well, I tried for five minutes got nothing, so done! No. That is the wrong way to go about it.

Instead if Spirit X interests you, go ahead and read about them. Read as much as you can. As you read, do you feel anything? A shiver of excitement? Does their seal/sigil pop into your head throughout the day? Does something someone say strike you as words that ‘are not their own’? As you immerse yourself in knowledge of Spirit X, thinking about Spirit X, ect. you are building a psychic/energetic connection to the being in question. Take it and run with it. You can use and will use those feelings later when you get to the actual summoning.

That is a good first step! I usually take forum posts and whatnot with a grain of salt, until I can confirm the gnosis myself. I try not to influence what they may look or act like, and my structuring of the spirit is always loose and I allow their energy to fill in the mental blanks. This is probably why I cannot describe to you spirits in great detail, but more so know them by how they feel energetically.

Idk… I am not going to rewrite the book on spirit summoning here. I dont have anything unique to add. :fox_face:

I am not sure how many newbies do this, which is why I am going to mention it, but it will help your results greatly if you take some time to calm down, unwind, and do a void meditation before you try your conjuration.

Before every magical work I do in my temple, I take some time to calm my mind and center myself with meditation. I sit on my pillow, and just get comfortable, sink into my body, myself, that inner darkness when you close your eyes, and I just breathe. I watch my breath and make sure I take good full breaths, and that is it. Ill start to feel a warmth, tingling throughout my body, and then lose sensation of it, melting into that darkness. Just breathe. Just exist. Calm the thoughts. Reach a state of non-thought. Let the breath guide you until you reach that state. From there, I can more directly and easily access my own powers. With my thoughts quelled, I can step out of normal everyday reality, unburdened by the everyday, and come into a space of magic where I can suspend my disbelief and focus entirely on the work. I become Ryce.

Its from that meditative state that I can then summon forth spirits, or do what I will. Its only then, do I shift focus on the spirit. The power of breath and taking a few moments to calm yourself, to attune yourself with the most subtle of things, can be the difference between having actual spirit contact and being too dense to hear a word that they are saying.

If you can’t control your own thoughts and discipline yourself a little, good luck having a spirit manifest before you in any discernible way.

If you’re having trouble with spirit contact, start with the basics and follow your breath. You’ll be surprised where it will lead you. Seriously. It IS ‘that easy’.

3 Likes

yeah this is a common problem around here with newcommers not wanting to do the bare minimum for themselves, but wanting you to do everything for them for nothing, not realizing the wealth of information that’s on here if you just take the time to use the search function. The main thing I spend doing while im on BALG is reading. When i created the BALG Repository…i didn’t really set out to make that thread. It really was the natural culmination of months of reading other peoples success stories, mining them for information, and bookmarking them for later reference. After a few months, it grew so massive that I figured that I may as well amalgamate the info into a single thread, which has now become one of BALG’s most viewed topics. The point of all this is to say that you, if you are new, really shouldn’t underestimate the power of self study. There’s nothing wrong with asking for advice, but you’ve gotta be mindful of other peoples time…or you’ll find yourself locked off from accessing them in the future…and you’ll sit there wondering “what happened?”

4 Likes

I absolutely love that thread. The BALG Repository xD It is very uplifting and I find myself scrolling through it when I need a reminder of how real this is. There is something about outside confirmation of other peoples success stories that cements the reality of your own experiences.

All in all, that was a good call creating it :slight_smile:

I just wish more self proclaimed magicians and seekers would do the baby steps first before jumping head first into advanced practices, then claiming because it did not work for them it is FAKE. Oh and you’re a fake too. Yeah… Just yeah, so much flawed with that line of logic.

Ah well, they weed themselves out.

3 Likes

So its been a few months since I posted to this journal. Its not that I have nothing to add, but rather I am busy with my own work and being pulled in so many directions that it is hard to really catch my breath.

I am in an odd spot in practice, I feel. I have been doing meditations solely on ‘stillness’ and that has unfolded a lot of mysteries for me. By that, some questions I have had for a long time have been answered UPG wise, but has only left me with more. The rabbit hole is deep. It leaves me exploring more and more and more, becoming more disciplined and striving to develop myself more.

I am revisiting currents that, a few years ago, I honestly was not ready for. I know the 72 demons of the goetia are popular on here, but I have been working with them, one spirit at a time, with the concept of ‘stillness’ in mind.

It has left me pondering are they separate beings? At first glance, when you do your evocations, the answer seems to be yes. They are. BUT is that an illusion created by yourself? Are these beings a part of the psyche?

My not so astute answer is that, it can be both in the same way physical reality is both in your head and a part of you. If that makes any sense xD

It may change in the coming workings, but that is a part of the process. You got to be open enough to accept that some of your notions may be ‘false’, ‘wrong’ or ‘slightly off the mark’, and that is OK. I am learning. I am growing, and through that growth my practice and my opinions on subjects, like angels and demons, will change as well.

Anyway, I am in a weird and jumbled stage of development that is hard to put into words xD that is why I have been a bit quiet on here. I am processing, reading, exploring, and doing. Rinse and Repeat.

2 Likes

Ryce I have to say that I am low-key a fan of your journal of beyond possibility and have been reading from stat to now… Insipring

1 Like

So I have been working to get out of my dead end job for quit some time now.

In fact I’ve even consulted @DarkestKnight about it.

I am here to report that all the efforts put forth have paid off. I now make like 6 dollars an hour, and have way less responsibility/stress. I did not realize how toxic the environment I was in was until I stepped out of it. I was nervous at first, accepting the job, because that would lead me to a new place, a place that I knew nothing about, and would be a complete beginner again.

I had to swallow my pride, tell myself its for the best, and leave what doesnt serve me (my old job) behind.

Boy. The difference a fresh environment can make. I am now happier, have energy to actually do things AFTER work because I don’t feel like I NEED to go to bed straight away (I was that drained after a day there), and I make more money to boot. Which means I have more time, energy, and motivation to pursue my hobbies and interests.

My next goal is to get a new car by the end of the year.

I’ve been worried a while about losing my room mate. I don’t want to search for another one, but I wasn’t ready for this one to go, because, ya know… You get used to rent LOL but now, with this new job, I don’t have to worry anymore because I will be making more than enough.

This has gotten me thinking about time and the nature of magic, and how most all of my intent, cast forward, has manifested itself in some way or form. Just not always in the timeframe that I would have liked, but it always come forth when I need it.

A spell I cast years ago is seeming like it is going to spark pretty soon. It was a curse specifically to burn down a persons house. Because, you know, younger me liked the thought of using mental projection to manifest something that horrid into reality.

The energy has been building there, in that location, for years. The energy of the house, before I even touched it with my magic, was horribly toxic to begin with. The owner of the house though has been getting threats, day and night, for the past week or so that ‘the house is going to be burned down.’ and ‘if I have to come back here, Im going to burn the fucker to the ground.’ (said by angry tenant being kicked out xD) By, you guessed it, equally toxic people that were living there (before they were kicked out). They must have picked up on the vibe I set. I just don’t think its a coincidence.

Magic needs a conduit to pass through, to manifest itself by, and I think it finally found someone stupid and susceptible enough to channel through. IDK. We will see.

Anyway!

Magic has been a success. All the job and prosperity magic for the win. Old curses are manifesting as well. Its been a week for Ryce.

3 Likes