Beginner's Books

Hi All,

No offense to E.A. but was wondering if anyone can recommend any books on the Occult? I want to buy 2 books from S. Connolly but was hoping for other suggestions.

Thanks

G

[quote=“Godesslives, post:1, topic:2965”]Hi All,

No offense to E.A. but was wondering if anyone can recommend any books on the Occult? I want to buy 2 books from S. Connolly but was hoping for other suggestions.

Thanks

G[/quote]

Hands on Chaos Magic.

Hexigradior would be a great place to start now that there is a paperback version and everyone can stop debating it’s existence. I seriously looked for that book for years, and was surprisingly delighted to see I didn’t have to pay tens of thousands of dollars to purchase it off Amazon. It was also filled with a good deal of information I would have found helpful as a novice magician, including history on most of the major grimores and the author’s personal experiences seeing how they live up to their infamous reputations.

If you want a general purpose book for learning an informative amount about black magick practices in a small book anyone can read, one of the top books I have ever read on the subject that is helpful from novice to adept ship is Liber Null and Psychonaut by Peter Carol.

It’s good enough that you could read it several times and perhaps pick up on a lot that you missed your first times reading the book.

Also, you may want to get a book on lucid dreaming like “the lucid dreamer” and a dream journal, and a magick journal.

You will progress a lot further and have a lot more control over your magick, dreams, and astral projection with the dream journal. As your recall and lucid control materializes in the dream state, you will no doubt mention there is a positive correlation with your magickal practice.

The magick journal on the other hand is a marvelous tool to troubleshoot your rituals in the future, or to draw on past experiences that may become a bit fuzzy down the road. Those are just the obvious uses, but they are both fairly important, as much as the books.

Your personal gnosis is a huge thing, and despite what many people say about the “quality” of books out there, it is clear that a good deal of people writing on spiritual subjects are just rehashing old data, and they aren’t even practitioners of the path. In that sense, a journal is probably just as important as a book, because it’s your book about what works for you, and you can’t buy that in any store.

That’s really my only advice to you starting out, and I don’t want to get too preachy or suggest too much. It’s really up to you what you do, but I’m confident you will find a lot of helpful information in any of those books.

Best of Luck,
-Frater Apotheosis

2 Likes

[quote=“Godesslives, post:1, topic:2965”]Hi All,

Thanks

G[/quote]

What about this book name “The Satanic Predator Within: Awakening to the Self”?

G

Honestly I’d do the OAA material, you can get it from Bahumat in the black magick section. If I had it to available when starting out it would have been a tremendous help.

1 Like

I would search the New Magician Help section. This question has been asked at least a dozen times in a dozen ways. A lot of good material for those who look for it.

(Not to put down any of the good material given in this very thread, just saying that there is more to be found.)

This one?

http://www.amazon.com/Lucid-Dreamer-Waking-Traveler-Between/dp/0671872486/

This one?

http://www.amazon.com/Lucid-Dreamer-Waking-Traveler-Between/dp/0671872486/[/quote]

Yes

S. Conolly has a YT channel, http://www.youtube.com/user/OFSAdrianna

Just adding this to the great advice already! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

S. Conolly has a YT channel, http://www.youtube.com/user/OFSAdrianna

Just adding this to the great advice already! :)[/quote]

Got that!

G