Beelzebub appears to have multiple possible sigils

I’m unsure about this one. Does anyone have solid proof that Bael or Baal and Beelzebub are the same demons? There is another possible sigil that is unique, which may be real - but it’s only available on one website. There is also an elaborate looking one, but I can’t find any information on it. Maybe they can all be used, but it’s important that I have information that is correct. Does anyone here hear from this demon or have other experiences that can prove which sigil is the best to use? Does he just accept all of them and it doesn’t matter?

Sigils are made by humans, different humans can made different ones and many entities have multiple sigils.

Sigils are frankly a “nice to have”: they are a focus for your mind to maintain your intention. You can even use the wrong sigil, or a dot on paper, and it will work as log as your intention is clear.
So, go with the one you like the most, i.e. that you intuitively feel will get your desired result.

No they are not.

Ba’al is not a name, it’s a title, it means Lord. Beezebeb is not a name either, it’s a rude epithet that stuck, and as far as I know he likes it and thinks it’s cute and funny, so it works well.

However Beelzebub’s historically documented name before the nickname was invented by the JCI people, according to the research of BALG author (I want to say Edgar Kerval) is actually Ba’al Zebul. (And this is what I call him myself.)
It means, Lord of all who can fly. (So you can see how “lord of the flies” is meant to be derogatory and childish there).

The other Bael or Ba’al, is, as far as I can tell, Ba’al Hadad, also a very ancient mesopotamian god. But they are not the same.

There are many more Ba’als… At that time, every city had it’s own city god. And they were all called “Ba’al [City name]”. Today it would be like evoking “Lord New York” to ask it for favours. Over time these gods gained human attention which causes them to grow in skill and ability. Today these are now no longer associated strongly with the ruins of their cities and are global.

Much, much later the JCI religions, who have largely plagiarised their texts from other sources including the Mesopotamian, wanted to push the one god thing and that’s why they “demonised” these old gods. That allowed them to “legally” punish people that tried to stick to their old allegiances.

So I also refuse to call these gods “demons”. They’re obviously not. Ergo, you also don’t need a sigil, you can pray to them if you want.

1 Like

Thank you so much, you’ve been super helpful. I’ll be back if I’m stuck with something else in the future.

1 Like

From what I know Ba’al/Bael was an ancient God or culmination of God’s.

Kind of like how there are multiple Elohim under the Christian God.

If you study history you find tribes and nations let their God go to war against others.

The Christian God has multiple influences and has evolved out of hunter gather oral traditions to ancient mesopotamia and more. In that sense he is a culmination of God’s but humans update the God software for the refined version, yet it is still the same God.

I believe Beelzebub is a prince of hell or demon of gluttony. But that’s also because I don’t recognize him as a God like others.