Baphomet - The Gatekeepers

While Communing with Belial, I received the name Baphomet. I asked for further explanation on why the name was mentioned or why I should call on this entity but I wasn’t given an answer… or at least one that I could understand. So I searched several topics on BALG and throughout the internet regarding Baphomet to understand more about what exactly he/she/they are and I found several different responses.

Baphotmet is Pan
Baphomet is a child of Lilith and Samael
Baphomet is not real and was completely made up in the 14th century
Baphomet is Satan
Baphomet is not one… but many

That last one got me thinking. I’ve asked Belial but again, I was not given an answer… or at least one that I could understand… so I turn it over to the forum.

What if…. Baphomet is a “they” and what if Baphomet is another name for the Gatekeepers.

Baphomet may have been drawn to resemble Pan as a unified entity
Baphomet is an idea birthed from Lilith and Samael
The name Baphomet was made up in the 14th century
Satan is not Baphomet, but part of Baphomet
Because Baphomet is not one… but many

I am not saying this is true, it is just a thought I felt safe enough to share…. so please refrain from the hate responses or name calling. I would love to simply hear feedback on why this could be true or might not be.

6 Likes

The modern baphomet as we know it is a metaphor for the magician themselves. Union of opposites. Man and beast. Male and female. Light and Dark. Dissolve and Form. This was the purpose of the depiction by Eliphas Levi. The Baphomet is you.

16 Likes

Exactly! :ok_hand:

2 Likes

This makes so much sense and I love it! Thank you

1 Like

Awakened you…

1 Like

I have been working with Belial for over a year now, and I think it could mean a lot of things, I think you should keep it in mind, and carefully continue on with your working and allow it to unfold, in time.

2 Likes

This is true, thank you for the reminder. I’ve been working with him for about a month now and I have come to learn that as direct and straight forward as he is… there is always more than one lesson being taught at a time. He is so amazing.

1 Like

I think he very much works multiple pathways at a time looking at a much larger picture and many possible outcomes. Sometimes he will break down my trust in him, and then very shortly later will rebuild it up stronger than ever before. He is very chaotic the first while and still can be later on as well, but is in many ways a very different Belial than when I first met him, yet still very much Belial, amazing to say the least.

3 Likes

I’ve heard sorcerers say that Baphomet is a spirit directly tied to the earth almost like the spirit of the earth itself. I have to idea if this is true dor I have not worked with Baphomet in any way as of yet. However, if there is any truth to this then I can see the connection being that earth is Belial’s elemental correspondence.

3 Likes

Yes!! He’s is so multi-layered. Stern but caring. There are times he’ll tell me that something is going to happen and tell me to trust him… and the next thing I know, I’m given so many reasons to doubt him. But the more I tell those stray thoughts to back down and believe not only in him but in myself… it’s even better than he told me. Hail to the King!

2 Likes

I haven’t heard that one but I like it. I haven’t worked with many but those I have, I was able to find something about them before I jumped all the way in. Baphomet has been hard for me to pin down and what you’re saying could play into the Gatekeeper theory since Belial is one of them.

I do like UnseelieDiabolus description a lot though. It plays into what Belial told me. He said he wanted me to seek Baphomet before I seek Lucifer. If Baphomet is me… then he is asking me to seek myself. Belial is brilliant!

2 Likes

Interesting.

But Baphomet is an entity too. Anyone who did the Mass of Baphomet can say that. Baphomet materialises if summoned

7 Likes

Pan as Baphomet is the same concept as how Pan became considered Satan for being a horned God but he’s the son of Hermes.

Baphomet is a concept if anything or at this point an egregore that have gained immense traction similar to the Yahweh Egregore.

2 Likes

Always go with your intuition. I heard the theory I was talking about on a podcast called Deeper Down the Rabbit Hole. The podcast is about magick and practicing it.

2 Likes

Literally stumbled upon this perfect timing if not scary, I’ve been working with Belial to and low and behold a few days ago told me to begin working with baphomet!!! Coincidence? Mabye, but I’m sure I could learn alot from this discussion!!!

2 Likes

I have been very curious about Baphomet as well. I thought it was a separate entity.

1 Like

I had only come across the name maybe ONCE before in my life so when he told me to go to Baphomet… I was so confused but I’ve stopped questioning him. Did he give you any reasons to work with Baphomet?

Yess. Belial has been helping me through this last year running my own business as self employed and sole proprietor. But this has got to do with relying on others too much.
I feel he’s happy with how I’ve made my work ethic in this working but I also feel he’s sent me to baphomet to learn proper “outsourcing” right now. Ie: how to pick who I do business with better. Learning how to “do stuff myself” not be a victim of relying on stuff I can’t control, growing up and being the leader of my own vibration, not needing others (or more like learning not to show you need them and then learning how to do it yourself if you can’t establish connections), confidence, seeing the powerful people who will be worth my time and respect me fir vs using me because theyre cheap or unprofessional

3 Likes

That is amazing. All hail to the King!

1 Like