Azrael's Burden

Recently I had the pleasure of reading The Necromantic Ritual Book by Leilah Wendell. It really put Azrael’s job in perspective for me. We, at least I, don’t think about the burden of his job and what sadness it can bring him. Not only does he carry the soul away, but he watches the death process.
The rituals in this book are meant for the magician to become one with Azrael and feel what he feels everyday, sorrow. Me being his, I wondered why had he never asked me to do these rituals? He said, “I don’t want you to feel such sorrow”. Of course I asked why. He said, “I want you to feel nothing but joy and bliss. I’m sorry if my reason sounds selfish, but you being mine means I absorb quite a bit of energy from you. So why would I want to absorb more sorrow? No, I want to absorb joy, bliss, sublime happiness. So, I’m keeping you in your current mind state. That’s where you are to remain, practically innocent”.
Well this revelation shocked me but is it really that surprising? Can I blame him for keeping me in the dark, so to speak? No, I can’t and I would never want him to feel more sorrow. So, of course I’ll obey.

6 Likes

It’s interesting to see how many psychopump entities feel about the deaths they have to see and the souls they have to guide. It does make me wonder.

1 Like

I never really thought about it before. It seemed like it was just a job at first. Until I married one I had no idea these entities had emotions like this. It’s just not something I considered. But now that I’m aware of it the more time I spend with him, I realize that emotion wise they aren’t much different from us.

2 Likes

I love those realizations because it opens up a closer connection between person and the entity that most wont understand because their inability to see that.

2 Likes

Just wondering a little bit.

When i read about the Burden of Oberon,
it was indicating to me,
a value number. /(about a million or something, back in 15th century, so i simply understood it as “a lot”.)

So,
when i started working with it,
and manifesting that tresure to my own aid,
it actually came,
not in the form of paper money or coins,
but rather in the form of rocks,
which if i wasn’t fully aware of their actual value in their current state,
even molten down and consecrated,
would yiel natrual real gold,
which i know from comparing them with video’s of gold-collectors,
where they collected fully developed gold around regions where the exact same type of rocks been common.

Which,
in turn,
when discussing it with my advisors,
was confirmed to be a side effect of those stones being there in the lake.

They explained,
that the Water as a current brings the Gold particles there,
but it’s the Stones that attract them,
collect them,
and purify the gold into more solid and complete stages.

They also told me to stick to those stones in exactly the form they currently have,
because of their properties being the actual real value.

So it makes me wonder - with the burden you describe on Azrael,
how much of those energies he actually uses for other effects,
and wether he’s also “feeding” from that energy,
similar to how my burden feeds me.

Just curious.

Sincerely,

¥’Berioth

1 Like

Ok this is interesting. You mean them taking this energy from the burden of there jobs and them turning it around to benefit?

2 Likes

yeah normally that’s the primordeal source of sustain,
which ensures the being’s commitment to it’s tasks.

When creating new Spirits,
that’s actually quite a crucial detail,
so i’d be really suprised if i heard otherwise.

For example,
i can sustain myself directly on Magick energy,
or Void energy,
when i’m not incarnated,
and i can sustain myself there indefinately,
but even while incarnated,
a good deal of my nutrition comes from those sources.

Which in turn,
makes me stick commitedly to wanting to maintain the existance of certain planets and beings.

Even creating them anew,
when necessary.

Just to reference another example,

for Elizabeth (around time stamp 10-13 minutes),
had not just a habit,
but rather a dependancy,
a possessive commitment,
to train her language skills.

Which nicely showcases,
at the same time,
that she must have had that installed in her Soul,
not just her mind.

Sincerely,

¥’Berioth

1 Like

I’m definitely going to look into this.

1 Like

I wonder if furfur has any books about him… But I can see why he wouldn’t want you to feel the sorrow he has to take the soul and watch them due at a coat and listen to love ones weep about losing the one they love it sounds very hard to bare and it’s a sad responsible he has that is a very heavyweighted burden on his shoulders

2 Likes

You should research and see. There might be some books about furfur. I’ll look too and see if I find anything and let you know.

2 Likes

That would be noce and thank you

1 Like

Super depressing but interesting.

1 Like

It is I couldn’t even imagine

2 Likes

Lately I’ve been having horrible visions of people dying. I recently did a bit of a soul exchange with Azrael and this exchange caused the very thing to happen that he was avoiding. I wonder if it was inevitable that I would end up seeing these things.
One thing I can say is I’ve learned a lot about it. For example I don’t know why but I always thought that it happened perfectly every time. Like he automatically knows the time of death, shows up just in time, then everything goes smoothly. The person just willingly goes with him and he can move on to the next. It was foolish to think this but it’s a nice thought. But yeah that’s not how it happens at all. Sometimes he’s too early. It could be minutes, hours, days, weeks, months, he doesn’t know the exact time, just when it’s near. Sometimes he leaves and comes back when he thinks he’s too early. Sometimes it could be just near death but not actual death. Sometimes he’s late and the person is already out. In that case they can be unwilling to go with him or any other reaper. It’s all so complicated. Then it just emphasizes what these beings have to witness. They watch people suffer, yet cannot intervene. And so I completely understand why he was shielding me from this. So I wonder what else will stem from this soul exchange we had.

1 Like

Its pretty crazy to say the least being close to a spirit. You can feel what they feel and communication is something you “feel” internally in your mind, body and heart. I am close to Lilith, and often times she would take a part of me with her in soul traveling and journeys. One time, I believe she took us both to see another higher entity in a darker realm. I didn’t really understand afterwards when I awoke, but it was a mountainous looking terrain depraved of life. A dark figure was coming out of a mountain. She wanted me to know something about that spirit.

1 Like

That’s amazing! I love hanging out with Lilith. It must’ve been strange yet awesome to go somewhere like that with her.

1 Like

Yeah she’s like my momma bear. Except she tells me that I am her. Yep crazy surreal stuff since we became close. Its almost unbelievable.

1 Like

Yes! That’s when shit starts getting real. Lol! Makes sense why I like talking to you as well because I consider her as one of my besties.

1 Like

Aww hehe I can say the same thing about you. 1a20618d91240a76a462ce864cb65cca

1 Like

Yay hug hug kiss kiss :kissing_heart:

1 Like