Automatic writing

Is anyone here willing to share their thoughts and experiences on automatic writing?
I went through a period a long time ago where I did it a lot and then it started feeling wrong, whoever I was talking to did not have good intentions, so I stopped altogether and never let my hands sit idle since.
If you do practice it, who are you talking to and what do you use the process for?

3 Likes

Hi @Ruby_Conundrum,

I think you used it like an Ouija board. Blind envocation.
For example: even a pendulum can get imposters when you donā€™t cleanse or open with intend or sigil.

Many people start that way. Just asking a question. What I think would help, is this:

1. Meditate. You can already use a sigil here.
  2. Say: ā€˜In this automatic writing session Iā€™m only inviting the spirit that Iā€™m addressing the writing tooā€™
  3. Address it on paper: to My higher self or My Angels/Daemons or My spirit guide or spirit name
  4. If your finished. say: ā€˜Other energies with negative intend, other then the spirits Iā€™m addressing, you need to departā€™

This prevents a blind evocation and uses your own willpower for banishingā€¦

7 Likes

I have experiences with automatic drawing. I have drawn things that are far beyond my actual drawing skills. Also I do automatic bass playing with one of my succubi. She always nails the notes on fretless.

3 Likes

I used automatic writing (mostly calling Demons) instead of classical evocation, probably my reasoning was ā€œThe spirits doesnā€™t appear, at least letā€™s read their messagesā€.
During a period I was getting a name or a word: Lendorres; on another occasion I contacted the spirit Selleuon, maybe a demon whose name I got from one of his ā€˜colleaguesā€™.

3 Likes

You act as a channel in automatic writing, and if the channel is not airtight contaminants will get in. I suspect parts of your own mind seeped in and muddied the words.

In my own automatic writing practice I hardly know who Iā€™m talking to and usually dont care.

4 Likes

I like to autowrite on occasion as practice. Iā€™ll have a longer post soon.

1 Like

Thatā€™s pretty much how things went down. Iā€™m not sure if I would be able to relax my hand enough to do it again, it seemed to stick around for a long time and it took a lot of energy to make it go away.

Do you use automatic writing yourself?

1 Like

You have a sucubus? And it plays bass! How cool :blush:

1 Like

Did you find it helpful?

I do not have difficulties to let a spirit use my arm for writing and drawing, but often I am not able to read what it writes. Sometimes they write so fast.

At the time I asked to the entity making me write ā€œLendorresā€ if it was a parasite/imposter (having read that one should unmask such spirits) and it replied ā€œyesā€. But perhaps it wasnā€™t the same one each timeā€¦ somehow I feel that, if Lendorres is a name, it should belong to an ā€˜authenticā€™ spirit.

I used to use it for ghosts, but now I use it for angels, demons etc. The problem with communicating with ghosts is that itā€™s like a flood gate; when you try to contact one, suddenly all of them want to contact you.

I use it to practice mediumship and just communicate with spirits in general.

1 Like

@Adramelek do you call a particular spirit when you start writing or just see who pops up?

@Prophet I found that too. I was getting multiple ghosts. Some were just lonely, others were manipulative :unamused:

1 Like

@fapa79 what did Lendorres want from you?

@Borgy @MagusOfGamaliel I forgot to @ you both when I replied

When I was a boy I had one or a few dreams about a book of magick, small but rich and captivating, that sometimes I happened to read but eventually went lost. So I attempted automatic writing in order to ā€˜getā€™ the content of that hypothetical book, the first thing my hand wrote was ā€œLendorresā€ and, since then, the same word appeared in other sessions.

1 Like

@fapa79 did Lendorres give you the content from the book?

I remember getting the titles of 2 supposed chapters, more or less like ā€œThe observations of Browederickā€ and ā€œThe experiment of Swedereighā€ (this name reminds of Swedenborg), but not so much more.

Is that the same thing as scrying or scribing? Like writing in a trance? Thatā€™s how I write my novels. When I go back to edit I feel like someone else wrote it. Iā€™ve never tried it to communicate with spirits.

2 Likes