Astral travel and physical reality

What excercise are you actually using DKM to break into the astral if you can share it…Apologies if youve said this elsewhere. I have tried excercises from the Carrington and Muldoon book on Astral projection like trying to sensitise yourself to the tipping point of falling from waking consciousness to sleep by going to sleep with your arm sitting upright on your elbow then it falls to the bed as you go to sleep waking you again. (Pain in the ass method ha!) I also tried meditation. And the embedded suggestion method. Never got past lucid dreaming though.

oh my brother, you just asked the wrong question! haha, now I’m gonna go into a spiel and it’s gonna be long. :stuck_out_tongue:
After having gone through the gauntlet of every technique out there - I picked the diamonds from each and mixed them with some of the techniques I’ve learned from different entities, and so I have my own mish-mash method. So be forewarned. :slight_smile: (btw, as I’ve been working with this method, I’ve gotten it honed town to an exit within nearly 5 minutes)
First thing that I do now is some energy exercises, some from RB’s recommendations, some of my own, and I end with the crystal ball exercise I learned from Hent’yos - it seems to work really well as a pre-exit exercise.
Then I set a target, usually my kitchen sink (I don’t know why, and don’t read into it - it’s just what I use for some reason :P)
I’ll put a “shadow image” of the sink and counters in front of my eyes. I also sometimes use a technique called Clarion’s Cube in place of the kitchen sink, if you want more info on that I can dish that up too. Clarion’s Cube actually works really really well - I don’t know why I don’t use it as much as the sink - I dunno, I’m crazy, alright?
Anyway - Then I’ll use a cross between the phasing method and the red energy vines from the spine method I also recently learned. They both have a similar concept behind them, that is, spreading your awareness away from your visual field - the noticing of peripheria. So I create a sort of halo around my visual field with my 3rd eye in the middle. Keeping my focus and awareness spread out in 360 degrees, riding the horizon of my peripheral field, shadow of the sink in front of me (or Clarion’s Cube), and within minutes a window opens up before me, suddenly I can actually see the sink and counters, cupboards and dirty dishes in all their glorious detail. At this point, when the window opens, you have to act fast. If you don’t, it will either close right back up, or … well … it’ll close right back up :stuck_out_tongue: heh
Because you’re not in a full trance and this point, the shock of the clarity coming through the window can knock you right back into reality - so be careful. I usually wait for the apex of the vision. Meaning, I don’t do it the very second it opens, but I don’t wait for it to close back up either. You do it right at the beginning, and you’re dealing with a vision that hasn’t fully matured yet - harder to work with. If you wait till it starts closing, you’re screwed too, it’s going to close and there’s nothing you can do about it. Too little too late. You’ll get a feel for where this apex is though.
So when you’re at the climax of the open vision, start dodging your awareness around the vision. Look at a fork, then something on the counter, then the cupboard, then the soap dish … go from detail to detail, this will “suck” you into your vision. Suddenly you’ll be right there - in the grand glory of your vision - but again, you’re not in the clear yet. The “hole” to your body is still wide open, and it will suck you right back in if you don’t keep dodging your awareness around and solidifying the exit. Once you’re solid - you’re golden.
That’s my latest “up to date” technique. I’m sure I’ll continue to build and patch it. But there ya have it. My absolute Frankenstein’s retarded cousin technique :slight_smile:
This is what has been working for me - so I can’t guarantee it for anyone else. But it never hurts to try it. :slight_smile:

When you are in an that astral state that’s close to the physical, do you ever become fascinated with mirrors?

I do. I’ve looked at a mirror and saw myself looking back at me standing there and then my body is lying on the bed behind me. The transfer of consciousness that happens there is amazing. I shift consciousness from my body on the bed, to the projection standing in front of the mirror, to the person standing inside the mirror looking out. It’s a really cool effect. I’ve recently tried jumping into the mirror, it felt like I was suspended in blackness. Another night I jumped through the window of my bedroom and took flight over my apartments and neighborhood. My thinking is if I commanded where I wanted to go, then by jumping through the mirror or window I would immediately be taken there.

I’m still working on the technique of starting from full wakefulness to stepping out of my body. I’ve been working on with simple meditation and getting my mind to go completely blank. No thoughts, sounds, just nothing, complete mental silence for as long as I can hold it. This morning I was holding the blackness for several minutes before a dream state would start and I’d wake myself up and try again. I’m determined to achieve at will projection from fully awake.

What is Clarion’s Cube?

DKM,

I like where you are going with that advice. what’s a Clarion’s Cube? Also once you leave your body where do you go?

[quote=“ZachD555, post:23, topic:190”]When you are in an that astral state that’s close to the physical, do you ever become fascinated with mirrors?

I do. I’ve looked at a mirror and saw myself looking back at me standing there and then my body is lying on the bed behind me. The transfer of consciousness that happens there is amazing. I shift consciousness from my body on the bed, to the projection standing in front of the mirror, to the person standing inside the mirror looking out. It’s a really cool effect. I’ve recently tried jumping into the mirror, it felt like I was suspended in blackness. Another night I jumped through the window of my bedroom and took flight over my apartments and neighborhood. My thinking is if I commanded where I wanted to go, then by jumping through the mirror or window I would immediately be taken there.

I’m still working on the technique of starting from full wakefulness to stepping out of my body. I’ve been working on with simple meditation and getting my mind to go completely blank. No thoughts, sounds, just nothing, complete mental silence for as long as I can hold it. This morning I was holding the blackness for several minutes before a dream state would start and I’d wake myself up and try again. I’m determined to achieve at will projection from fully awake.[/quote]

Excellent! This is also my goal. It’s getting closer and closer - thought right now I’m dealing with some energetic issue that’s blocking any attempt I make. But as soon as those are cleared up, it’s back on. I remember EA talking about how he would actually exit while driving so he could shoot ahead a mile or so and check for cops. If there were none, he would punch the petal to the floor. heh - creative, genius, practical. Fucking love it!

When I leave my body it just depends on what I’m thinking at the time. Sometimes I call out, “take me to a master”, sometimes I attempt to go see friends, but as I mentioned earlier - for some reason that doesn’t work out to well for whatever reason. I’ve actually wondered if the reason that’s always a fail is because I usually get out at night when the muggles sleep :stuck_out_tongue: heh, and when I say, “take me to so-and-so” … it takes me to where their consciousness is in whatever fucked up dream their having. But that’s just a theory and doesn’t explain why it still happens when I explicitly request the real time zone. In fact, the reason I started requesting the real time zone in the first place was because I thought it was taking me into their dreams. And since that’s apparently not the case, I’m at a loss.

Anyway, Clarion’s Cube. Ok …
This is a technique I picked up from, I’m guessing, an angel or master who’s name is Clarion. I was getting sick of meditating for between 2 to 4 hours for vibrations and paralysis to set in so I could attempt an exit. And then once out of like 4 or 5 attempts were “successful”.
So I meditated down one day, reached out into the ether, and basically posted an ad for any entity who might have a suggestion for the situation. After a bit, I was given a complete download of the schematics and instructions for the technique called Clarion’s Cube.
Ok, so how this works is similar to when you’ve heard people say to just walk around your home in your mind. In fact, I think I actually recommended that particular technique to someone in another thread. It works great, it really does, but the problem with walking around the house is this. When you turn corners or change your direction at all, it’s really tough to rotate the entire visualization around you as you turn, at least for me. I have a better hang of it now, but I used to pop right into third person when trying to take turns. For some reason my mind was having a tough time pulling off a first person view full turn. So, this is one of the things that the Clarion’s Cube fixes. Another is that it helps engage the energetic centers of the body usually associated with astral projection, and yet another is object placement associated with the level of depth of the mind (that might be confusing, but just go with it for now, I’ll clear it up in a second). So, you want to start off with a visual cube. Break it into 18 mini cubes like a rubik’s cube. So you have 9 cubes per layer, and three layers. This should be a wife frame. Now you can add walls as you wish. You want to make the cube spacially large enough to put your head in. So, even though it’s in your mind, it’s also an energy form outside your body. Now, put your head in it. Notice the walls and realize you can make hallways. Now, slowly move down these hallways, and turn either up or down, but don’t attempt to turn as you usually do - instead, simply rotate the cube around your head. Each motion should be as if you were holding the cube over your head with your hands, and you’re turning it, rotating it, and moving through the hallways purely by moving the box around your head rather than trying to actually move through it as you would in reality.
If you wish, you can add more rooms and layers to the cube, but keep it simple enough that you can visualize it around your head without losing control of where the cube is and it’s position around your head. You can add walls and take walls away as your going. If you run into an accidental dead end, just poke the wall out next to you :slight_smile:
Now, you’ve got this cube, and your just cruising around the inside of it by moving the cube - not your body. This actually turns out to be a big deal. It’s quite hypnotizing, and as your meditating and moving Clarion’s Cube around your head, play around a bit - see how fast you can go without losing a grip on the concept. Flip upside down and sideways. You’ll soon get a really good feel for 3D spacial movement. Now, as you start to get into a trance, you’ll notice things appearing. Weird wallpapers, actual doors on the walls, carpet, lamps, a cat walking down the hall, etc.
It’s at this point, that if you keep going, the vision becomes real, and you will quickly find yourself in a self-created astral realm, where which you can then go about the astral and do whatever you want.
So there ya have it.
oh ya, you’ll notice that different types of objects start to appear in sync with levels of trance you’re in. ok, gotta go - wife’s calling me :stuck_out_tongue:

~ Namaste ~

DKM you are a psychic intrepid adventurer brother! A thousand thanks for a synthesis of your hard earned experience in this field. I am determined to work on this till ive cracked it. Its late here though and im really tired.

I thought i had got the Clarions cube idea but then i didnt, I need to reread tomorrow. I have a kind of image like having a video camera on your head that turns as you move in your imagination which is the image rather than the whole body sensation of imagining walking through your house. Do you mean having like a 3d schematic of your house sitting in the ‘box’ around your head and you move the schematic rather than move yourself to alter your position and perspective? If so is that really more powerful than imagining walking through the house? I will reread tomorrow and try and recreate some similar method!

Oh and the crystal ball method from Hent yos…Is this something you posted elsewhere, sounds like you are referring to another posting?

Thanks again, see you on the other side!

Heh, thanks :slight_smile: probably not so much as I tend to come off as, but I appreciate it :wink: And you’re most definitely welcome! Anything I can bring to the table that may help just one other person is worth it to me.

You almost got it. Close :slight_smile: heh
I’m so bad at explaining things with words, I made up a few images to help explain this. So, this is the wireframe of Clarion’s Cube (I’m pretty sure you got this down, but just in case)

So, what you want to do is kinda take it by “floors” or sections or whatever. Here’s a cut away view:

So, there’s nothing. No walls anywhere, no “floor” nor “ceiling”. Keep in mind however, that one of the points of this exercise is to help get over the idea of an up or a down ceiling/floor directional concepts. One second you can be walking down on what was previously a wall or a ceiling.

Now we’ll start adding tiles from this “birds eye” like view. So, for now, let’s pretend this is the floor we’re adding tiles to.

notice, I left two tiles out. That means we can use these holes either as door ways, or holes below us or above us, depending on our orientation in CC.

Now let’s add some walls

so, I can pop up from the floor below, go one way and meet a dead end, or go the other way and end up in the same section I just came from.

You’ll be automatically adding and removing tiles as you go. Just use your imagination and run around the crazy place.

Yes, another point is to move CC around your head rather than actually walking through a house or whatnot. Now, as I mentioned this helped me with something I, personally, was having problems with. Whenever I tried to turn a corner or whatever when I was walking around my house, I had a hard time keeping first person perspective and suddenly was watching myself from a third person perspective. Whether or not other people have this problem, I can’t say.

This helps with one’s spacial orientation like you can’t believe. You can stride to the left or right, spin and turn on any axis, turn up, turn down, do flips, etc. When you’re moving the box around you rather than moving through the cube, the entire dynamic of the experience changes, and if you’re anything like me, it actually helps with navigation and spacial control.
It also helps bring you into a a good solid trance.
As far as sticking your house in it, I wouldn’t recommend it. You start off with a blank 3D structure and just add tiles. As your level of trance deepens, the cube begins to take on a life of it’s own. Especially when you start getting close to an exit. You’ll see pictures on the wall, vases on little stands as you pass by, ceiling tiles and fluorescent bulbs. You’ll notice that the clarity of objects that appear as well as what type of object appears on its own is dependent on your level of trance. When you start seeing kitty cats or other people, you’re either right about to pop out or you already are out.

DKM,

Dude, I get exactly how that piece of equipment works. I’ve been working with something similar, but no prop needed. Check it out this is simple:

Close your eyes and imagine four points inside your head.
1.) Directly behind your eyes or third eye
2.) One across from your third eye at the back of your skull.
3.) One just above the tip of your right ear
4.) Just above your left ear.

I’ve been moving my conscious around my head in those directions. I can move linearly like a cross, and I can move point to point moving clockwise and counter clockwise. I’m working on turning my attention inside. Like if I were standing at my third eye and looking toward the brain stem. I’m assuming that will produce the feeling of rolling over inside oneself.

Also when I go from back to front I’m trying to push myself out of the pineal gland. I feel like my conscious is hitting the inside of my skull and not breaking through.

I’ve also been attempting to move my hands without moving them. In other words to induce the sensation of movement with out actual movement. I think these might be keys to greater movement and control over the subtle bodies and energy bodies.

Anyway, thanks for the tips.

Zach

awesome! I’ll have to try the moving around within the head. However, I want to drop a little caution - avoid intentionally putting geometric shapes in your brain. This can cause some pretty serious damage unless you’re trained in brain chi gong. This is used to heal mental diseases and imbalances. I think moving points of awareness around is perfectly legit, but I, personally would recommend staying away from 2D or 3D shapes, especially if they’re connecting different areas of the brain. But I like the idea of trying to turn “inside out”, I’m going to have to try that :slight_smile:

Just added the concept of having points at the crown and down by my chin. Therefore i can have up and down movement as well. I’m going to picture these points as either windows, doors or gemstones that I can exit from.

Interesting caution. I’m not necessarily imagining geometric shapes, although that is now impossible for me not to imagine them when I do this. I’ve been more looking for entrance and exit points, and the ability to shift my conscious from one point to the next. I’m going to looking to more Chi Gong and mental chi gong. I need to resume my kung fu training for sure!

lol, yeah, as long as you’re not focused and intentionally forcing geometric shapes to specifically connect regions of your brain, you’re fine. :slight_smile: heh, sorry :stuck_out_tongue: The occasional “oops, I just put a pentagram through my prefrontal cortex” is of course, not going to do anything since you didn’t put intention and conscious energy into it for a specific effect. So you’re all good. I was just putting that out there up front since it sounds like it might be something that would easily evolve from what you’re doing :wink: hehe
But I would be interested in hearing updates with what you’re doing. I’m going to give it a go tonight too, it sounds interesting, I would like to see what may come of it. :slight_smile:

DKM and also ZachD - great stuff. Its a struggle to get the idea of adding and removing tiles, but I think my tiny brain is almost there…

I will work with it for a bit and update with any progress I make. I think also my ability to sustain trance is an issue. I am beginning to appreciate how one skill leads directly into another. I guess at some point there is a synergy and everything takes off together, the astral work, the trance meditation, and the evocation. Lets hope so!

Neophyte,

I think you’re on the right track, all of these skills flow to and from one another and strengthen each other. So an improvement to one automatically strengthens the others. It’s like a chain reaction, and a magickal explosion going off inside of you! Get ready!!

[quote=“ZachD555, post:35, topic:190”]Neophyte,

I think you’re on the right track, all of these skills flow to and from one another and strengthen each other. So an improvement to one automatically strengthens the others. It’s like a chain reaction, and a magickal explosion going off inside of you! Get ready!![/quote]

totally

DKM, could you expand on that regarding pentargam in the brain?

i ask because couple of weeks ago i found a way to calm my thoughts prerty fast and thats by drawing pentagrams of light inside and through my brain. is there an actual technique of doing this?

[quote=“bahamuthat, post:37, topic:190”]DKM, could you expand on that regarding pentargam in the brain?

i ask because couple of weeks ago i found a way to calm my thoughts prerty fast and thats by drawing pentagrams of light inside and through my brain. is there an actual technique of doing this?[/quote]

I’m not sure, I’ve read seveal chi gong books that speak on this specifically as a warning up front.
Apparently “brain chi gong” is a legitimate however esoteric practice. The warning is that one must be intimately familiar with the brain on a subtle level. Like - you should be able to explore the brain and it’s energetic connections and understand how all the areas work, what they do, and how connecting different regions affects the person. I have been interested in learning this, but I have had a tough time finding any more information on it besides the warnings in books. Just be careful, if you notice any adverse effects, obviously stop :stuck_out_tongue: hehe, but if you choose to pursue this, just step lightly.

1 Like

well god damn…

1 Like

if anybody finds any info on such a practice, be sure to sare it.

i find fascinating that you can actually “light up” portions of the brain and really feel it. it is like messing with the motherboard circuitry… imagine what one might achieve if one would knew what is what in the brain computer.