Astral Projection Mantra

For those who are interested, here is a mantra technique to project out of your body.

1. First, mentally vibrate ‘la’ in the Muladhara Chakra, the space around the perineum at the base of the spine.

2. Then mentally vibrate ‘va’ in the Svadhisthana Chakra, just above the genitals.

3. Then mentally vibrate ‘ra’ in the Manipura Chakra, around the solar plexus.

4. Then mentally vibrate ‘ya’ in the Anahata Chakra, the heart Chakra, which is really located between the breasts.

5. Then mentally vibrate ‘ha’ in the Vishuddha Chakra, right behind the throat.

6. Then mentally vibrate ‘om’ in the Ajna Charka, the third eye, the space between the eyebrows. Only this time vibrate ‘om’ for a longer duration and follow the vibration as it moves from your third eye and outside of your body.

Then start the cycle all over again. Keep repeating the cycle until successful projection. Try not to go into a deep hypnogogic state and fall asleep.

It will probably take about a month of daily practice until you can slip out of your body easily after a couple cycles. It will feel like the top of your head opens exponentially and your consciousness will begin to rise up into that expanse. You’ll feel like your heart is beating rapidly but that’s actually the spinning of your heart chakra. If you stop and physically feel your pulse, you will realize your heart rate is beating normally.

Don’t be discouraged if nothing happens after the first few times of practice. It definitely works. Sometimes if you begin this practice before bed and nothing happens, you will lay down to sleep and spontaneously drop out of your body.

I remember a few years ago I couldn’t sleep for hours because I would constantly slip out of my body. It felt more like dropping down a hole. At one point it became extremely annoying. :slight_smile:

28 Likes

Interesting that you couldn’t sleep. I’ve always been under the impression that the body is in a state of rest while you’re away. I’d like to hear some feedback from others who project regularly about whether or not they feel as though they’ve slept after returning to their bodies.

1 Like

I will add it to my daily spiritual training.

@Kitari I once realised that I was projecting one time and took advantage of it, visiting a few local places and whatever. And it seems to me that if you spend all night projecting, when you wake up your physical body is rested but your mind is exhausted. Thats been my experience anyway.

1 Like

Anytime I’ve projected it’s felt as though I’ve had at least a light nap. I rarely ever do it before going to bed but usually in the middle of my waking hours. I’ve found that the alertness of doing it in the middle of the day helps me stay in that zone between consciousness and sleep.

I tend to have the same experience of feeling recharged when I project during the day for short periods of time. But if you project or do work in lucid dreaming with conscious effort for long periods of time (for a particular goal), during the night, it will begin to drain you.

Sleep experiments at universities have also shown the consequences of not allowing the unconscious mind to work things out on its own through dreams for days. It can lead to deep depression, severe anger, and even suicide.

2 Likes

Updated:

The whole mantra is done during a single breath, then repeated for each breath thereafter.

So, for the FIRST whole breath, full mantra, vibrate out loud to create the psycho-physical link (as below, but out loud the first time).

Then:

#1. First, mentally vibrate ‘la’ in the Muladhara Chakra, the space around the perineum at the base of the spine. ~2 seconds

#2. Then mentally vibrate ‘va’ in the Svadhisthana Chakra, just above the genitals. ~2 seconds

#3. Then mentally vibrate ‘ra’ in the Manipura Chakra, around the solar plexus. ~2 seconds

#4. Then mentally vibrate ‘ya’ in the Anahata Chakra, the heart Chakra, which is really located between the breasts. ~2 seconds

#5. Then mentally vibrate ‘ha’ in the Vishuddha Chakra, right behind the throat. ~2 seconds

#6. Then mentally vibrate ‘om’ in the Ajna Charka, the third eye, the space between the eyebrows. Only this time vibrate ‘om’ for a longer duration and follow the vibration as it moves from your third eye and outside of your body. ~as much breath as you have left… >2 seconds

Repeat.

The vibrations are all mental, and all the vibrations are on the INHALE only.

Is that right?

Also, assuming that’s right, the mental vibration is on the INHALE, hold (no breath) for ~4 seconds. Then on the exhale, you feel yourself pushing out, and you drop your awareness back to the bottom chakra, to repeat again.

How long is exhale - same as inhale, half as long as inhale, twice as long as inhale?

8 Likes

I apologize. I should have been more clear on this.

You can in the beginning chant the mantra out loud for one breath and vibrate it in the respective chakra to solidify a psycho-physical connection, but once you do that the practice should be all mental.

The mental vibration is done only on the inhale. For example, as you breath in you spend about 2 seconds on each chakra going up, then on the Ajna Chakra, you hold the breath as long as it is comfortable and project your consciousness out. This is for a total of at least 12 seconds for the entire breath, more if you can. I usually spend at least another 3-4 seconds on the hold. On the exhale you mentally jump back down to Muladhara and repeat.

If you are not used to deep diaphragmatic breathing, then this may be difficult. For the more advanced practitioner you can add Ujayii Pranayama.

Ocean Sounding Breath Pranayama - Ujayii Breathing

If you can go deep enough you will find your breath going into suspended animation until you consciously notice you aren’t breathing and you’ll start again.

Again, it will take about 2 months daily practice for about 20-30 minutes until you can start projecting easily at will. For some who are used to these practices already, then it may take only a couple weeks.

WARNING: This practice can also cause Kundalini to awaken for a number of reasons. This is because you are directing your consciousness with your breath along the Sushumna Nadi channel where the Chakras reside. Although the practice is not all that powerful compared to others, just be aware that it can stimulate Kundalini.

4 Likes

I probably should have just written a new post, but I didn’t want my old questions to screw anyone else up after reading it. So I edited my original question post to reflect my new understanding, and ask new questions.

Do I understand it correctly now?

The main questions are:

• When doing the first audible vibration, you make the vibrations on the EXHALE just to get the sound down, but all the mental vibrations are on the INHALE, yes or no?

• When doing each mental vibration, you vibrate only on the inhale, which should take a total of ~12 seconds or more, followed by an ~4 second pause. How long is the exhale?

Thread necromancy

Redcircle, have you had any success with this?

I have had strong sensations with it, and some very brief projection, but I wasn’t in quite the right state the times I tried it. It seems to be very effective at stimulating your chakras, if nothing else. With the proper amount of practice time put in, like Bitterroot suggested, I believe it would do the job very well. It also takes a very different approach than many contemporary projection methods, so it may be helpful who have had a hard time with, say, visualization based methods.

My partner has, however. She’s much more into yoga and such than I am, and this is the method she’s had success with projecting.

1 Like

Thank you :slight_smile:

I have had a few OBE/AP and I am looking for new things to try to facilitate more controlled APs.

Well, back to the lab again.

[quote=“redcircle, post:11, topic:869”]I have had strong sensations with it, and some very brief projection, but I wasn’t in quite the right state the times I tried it. It seems to be very effective at stimulating your chakras, if nothing else. With the proper amount of practice time put in, like Bitterroot suggested, I believe it would do the job very well. It also takes a very different approach than many contemporary projection methods, so it may be helpful who have had a hard time with, say, visualization based methods.

My partner has, however. She’s much more into yoga and such than I am, and this is the method she’s had success with projecting.[/quote]

I too also tried this ha some partial projection affects after the second time doing it. The sensation and the loosing touch with your physical body effect are pretty intense. After some practice I feel this technique will be very effective.

Bumping this thread for a few questions to anyone that has been following this and has had results…

1. The beej mantra for the 7 chakras are “la, va… Krim, Om”. Are we only supposed to use the 6 mentioned here or was that a typo? I’m asking because I have been using it with all 7 sounds for a few weeks with no results, but I have very strong activities in the third eye while doing it. Was thinking of doing it with only the six from now onward though.

2. Second and probably more important, I think I have a couple of weeks with a lot of time on hand… I can easily practice this for 2-3 hours a day. Will that be safe and OK?

Now the question is, would it be possible for one to do this even if they don’t have chakras?