Astral projection and lucid dreams

Thanks to all the replies on my last posts, much appreciation. I was wondering though if anyone had any tips on how to start astral projection or lucid dreaming. I know it comes very naturally for some, but for me that is not the case and I have not had any luck with simple methods I have found online and tried thus far. Thanks again(:

5 Likes

What methods have you found online exactly? This will help get techniques you haven’t already tried to use. I myself prefer using reality checks to trigger lucid dreaming though it takes a few weeks to get the habit and from there the lucid dreaming can be turned into projection.

2 Likes

Sleep paralysis is the key attribute here. Meditate until sleep paralysis. Rest until sleep paralysis. Then reality checks. I like to pinch my thighs to test what state I’m in, tacticle sensations are indicative of a much more rested state but if it’s no sensation then that’s when to “launch” the astral self out by simply using the physical body as an anchor for your cord.

Lucid dreams are the same as well but I find it to be more hit and miss, sometimes a pattern must be made in order to lucid dream easily.

4 Likes

Occult-cat What method work for you to astral travel?

1 Like

Here is a link from one of the websites ive bookmarked. Ive tried the method in it several times but I always end up just falling asleep and only remember parts of my dream (where i am not even fully aware i am dreaming).

1 Like

I have only had sleep paralysis once that I can remember, I have not had it since. It was also years ago and I had no idea what it was at the time so I believe I quite literally scared myself awake. So how exactly do I induce it? Is there any steps needed to be taken to ensure I am aware of it when meditating or resting in my bed?

No methods have worked for me yet, granted I have only genuinely tried 2 and attempted a few times to try something off a random twitter post (though when I found that post I never fully understood the concept of these powerful dreaming states at that time).

Well the method I would recommend at least in combination with whatever else you end up doing is using reality checks. Place on all your doors a sticky note to remind you and on the fridge and wherever else you will notice it and when you notice a note start to check yourself and your environment to see if you are awake or dreaming. As you build this into a habit you will eventually do this while in a dream and become aware of the dream that way. It might take some time as it needs to become a habit first but it does work reliably enough.

3 Likes

Try meditate until sleep, are try to see your self in the position your in, try thinking about your spirit leave your body try to look at your self in your mind, look at your self laying down, try theses things regularly

3 Likes

Very interesting, I have never heard that method before but will certainly try it as I know nothing is possible without practice. My next mission is to buy some sticky notes lol, thank you for your help

2 Likes

I shall try all of those, for any sort of practice or meditation I am sure will help. Thank you for your responses

1 Like

Another thing you can do is set an alarm to go off say every hour if circumstances permit it to remind you.

1 Like

Right, I have no responsibilties tonight or tmrw so i shall try that as well- i will keep you all updated on any progress.

I use the method of the hammock. Imagine while meditating, your body is in a hammock and it is rocking gently back and forward and as it sways each time, imagine your energy, your soul slowly drifting out of your body

2 Likes

The biggest thing to do is just relax, don’t resist no matter what our brains tell us to do

2 Likes

Interesting, i have never heard of that method before but it sounds very visual & useful. I shall definitely try it and shall let you know if any progress is made. I may need to practice a few times but hopefully i’ll get it down (which ik i eventually will). Thank you!

1 Like

Odd advice, but try to focus on your shoulders much like the “Wings” meditations that some sites will give. if you focus on your shoulders your more likely to have more control during lucid dreaming

1 Like

Robert Bruce has written many books on the topic :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Like @anon47923162 said, reality checks work well but it takes some time to be effective. I like the WBTB (Wake Back to Bed) method, where you set your alarm clock for six hours after you go to sleep, wake up when it rings and spend 10-15 minutes meditating/visualizing yourself lucid, then go back to sleep. Once lucid in your dream, cross your arms and fall backwards and you’ll usually be able to convert it into an astral projection. Also if you wake up in the middle of the night and feel vibrations going through your whole body, you can use that to AP by just rolling sideways out of your body.

3 Likes

I have never heard of that method of meditation before so I shall do some research on it and try it as well. Thank you so much for your help