Astral projecting while high?

Is it possible to project while high

4 Likes

high on what?

Weed

1 Like

It is possible, but cannabis often makes it hard to really focus and given the nature of the astral/mental plane not sure itā€™s advised but all the same worth a try.

4 Likes

Some people use it for relaxation to aid in astral travel.

2 Likes

I think maybe if you only get a very light buzz to ease the tension it should be fine, but I probably wouldnā€™t do it if I was blazed af due to what Velenos said

1 Like

I suppose dmt would be easierā€¦ Never done dmt but it sounds like the type of thing you wanna go with. Might be too strong thoā€¦ maybe a small (or not concentrated) dose of ayahuasca would be the ideal to just help enough kick the process.
Thereā€™s also the possibility that iā€™m just talking a bunch of bullshit right now since iā€™ve never done those drugs. :man_shrugging: Butā€¦ based on what i seem on ayahuasca and dmt iā€™d be willing to give it a try myself if i had the opportunity.

I once accidentally astral projected while on weed and deliriant and dissociative drugs

1 Like

That was the only time I astral projected

Before thinking about taking drugs to astral project first you need to understand the concept of it properly. There is a lot of talk going on about astral journeys nowadays. People lie down and just imagine that they are flying here and there; that is not it. That is just hallucination. Unfortunately, everything becomes ridiculous when all kinds of people start handling it. There are five dimensions or sheaths of the body. The first sheath or the first layer of the body is called the food body, because what you call as physical is just a heap of food. The second is called the mental body. Today doctors are talking about psychosomatic diseases. If you have tension in the head, you can get an ulcer in the stomach. Whatever is happening to the mind is not in any one place. Every cell in the body has its own intelligence. So there is a mental body. Right now, the only things that are in your experience are your body, your mind, and your emotions. And you can infer that if these three things have to happen that way they are happening, there must be an energy that makes them happen. Without energy, all this cannot be happening. For example, a microphone amplifies sound. Even if you donā€™t know anything about the microphone, you can infer that there is a source that powers it. The third layer of the body is energy body. The fourth is known as etheric body and the fifth is known as bliss body. Though the last two are not physical, still we are referring to them as ā€œbodyā€
Now what is being referred to as astral travel is, leaving the physical body, mental body, energy body and the bliss body intact, and just allowing the etheric body to float around. This means you can still conduct your physical activity in the world because your physical body, mental body and energy body are intact. That is a certain kind of mastery. Physical body, mental body and energy body are physical. Bliss body is totally beyond the physical. Etheric is a transitory energy, it is neither physical nor beyond - it is a transition. Etheric body is not something that you can touch unless you are in a certain level of devotion and intensity within yourself. You cannot just psyche yourself into it. It needs enormous practice for a person to do that. So you might ask that so, are such things possible? Yes, but itā€™s not for entertainment seekers. It takes a little more. But what is the significance? Why do you want to leave your body and travel? If someone shoots you in the head, anyway you will travel without your body! The time for that will anyway come, sometime. What is the hurry now? Unless there is a specific purpose, it is not worth exploring simply for entertainment because it takes an enormous effort to get mastery over those things and in the end, what do you achieve? It is of no spiritual consequence. All the astral travel going on in every street corner these days is just hallucination

1 Like

Many yogis have said that if you donā€™t practice leaving your body while alive, then you may not have consciousness after death. You will just be reincarnated because your consciousness is not used to being in your spiritual bodies

2 Likes

Depends on the strain of weed, and what your tolerance is imo. Iā€™ve had experiences while high where my ā€˜astralā€™ body was half out of my physical, and I was seeing and thinking out of both bodies? Really hard to explain, and was really mind fucking at the time, but Iā€™ve only had that on indica dominant strains, and some hybrids such as Cherry Pie.

Sativa is a mind high, and will get you thinking more, not really good for the relaxation needed for astral projection.

Indica is a body high and is highly relaxing, something that is good for astral projection. I recommend the strain Critical Mass if you can get some.

Also if you are to use weed to astral project, donā€™t get too used to it, only use the weed as a tool for a short while and then start learning how to do it without being high. The longer you use weed to AP, the harder it will be to do it while sober and remember it. And with getting high, you want to get high enough where you can just ā€˜let goā€™ of your body / forget your physical senses, Iā€™ve done that and was shot out of my body many times. The higher your tolerance, the harder it will be to disconnect from your physical senses. Donā€™t worry if you happen to feel vibrations or other weird sensations in or on your body, and donā€™t let them distract you too much from letting go. Also there was alot of times I thought I stopped breathing, when infact I didnt, my body was just falling asleep and breathing really slow as you do with normal sleep, however I was still conscious and got freaked out and that shot me awake. Fear is another thing that will ground you to your physical body, and you may undergo an ego death while attempting to AP on weed, itā€™s happened to me.

Other observations Iā€™ve noted while using weed with astral projections / energy systems (May or not be the case for everyone, same with listed above): Eating / Munchies tends to ground me and prevents me from leaving my body, probably due to the fact of me focusing on my physical senses and the godlyyyy tastes weed brings to good food.

Listening to guided mediation tracks (Especially from TMI Gateway Experience) I often found that I accidentally projected my sight and hearing into the studio that the clips were made from, seeing and hearing what was going on at the time in that room. Iā€™d check again after I got sober, and couldnā€™t hear anything from the track nor got any visuals.

Seeing Auras with my physical eyes? That or my minds eye overlaps my physical senses. Itā€™s an odd experience and Iā€™m still learning what exactly it is. Thereā€™s a point when I get high that I can physically see auras, their color, and their flow. Iā€™ve seen the aura of demons a few times, it was quite a sight.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Iā€™ve noticed that while high on weed, I am way more prone to parasites and vampires, whether in AP, or just chilling around, so be wary of that and definitely do your research and take baby steps. And donā€™t underestimate your bodyā€™s natural processes!

I previously said that if you aim to do astral traveling only for just entertainment purposes then it will be of no significance, and nowadays most people are just hallucinating in the name of ā€˜astral travelingā€™. That is true that many yogis have encouraged to practice being conscious even while being asleep, so that you would be conscious when you die but not ā€˜leaving your bodyā€™. One aspect of a yogi is that he sleeps in his wakefulness and he is awake in his sleep. The body must be fully awake but if you check the parameters of the body, it must be asleep. In sleep, everything should be asleep, but you must be awake. Your body should sleep, your mind should sleep, everything should sleep, but you must be awake. When you are fast asleep you are in a perfect tune with the existence. Nature has given you this, if you have forgotten, everyday when you go to sleep it makes you one with the existence. In the same sense of unity if you can wake up and walk you made it, isnā€™t it? Everyday you have free enlightenment when you go to sleep, but the problem is you are unconscious. So the ā€˜Sadhnaā€™ which yogiā€™s suggest in order to be conscious even after death essentially is just this, that, from wakefulness when you go to sleep a certain part of you go to sleep, a certain part of you if it still stays awake than you made it otherwise when you wake up a certain part of you still continues to sleep, then you made it. If you are awake and fast asleep at the same time ā€” you are asleep and awake at the same time, in yogic culture this is called ā€œTuryaā€ if you are in a state of turya, yogis says that then you are ā€˜mrithyunjayā€™, that means you are deathless; because if you can be awake in your sleep, you will also be awake when you have to shed your body. So, thereā€™s no question of death for such a person. Because life and death are happening at the same time. It is only the ignorant who think right now i am alive and one day I will die. No. Both are happening at the same time. They are not two different things actually. Only for the sake of understanding, we have to divide them. Otherwise itā€™s just life and life - one dimension of life and another dimension of life. So this transitionā€¦from one dimension of life to another becomes an easy doorway. And everyday you have this doorway available to you that is between wakefulness and sleep is as good as life and death. If you know how to exploit this doorway, if you stay alert till that last moment - do you actually know when you actually slept off? You think you are there, but after some time Phoof. You donā€™t know when you slept. If you can take yourself to that moment, itā€™s as good as being conscious at the moment of death. You master your morality if you just manage to stay awake when you slip into sleep. The best preparation for death is - make an attempt to try to fall asleep consciously. Instead of drifting away, if you shift from wakefulness to sleep consciously, death will become a play. So the moment of sleep is a tremendous opportunity. If you sleep in a certain way, tomorrow morning when you wake up, you can be significantly one notch up. Everyday you have this opportunity to practice death. If you can manage that moment from wakefulness to sleep, if you can do that way, thatā€™s it, youā€™re mrithyunjay because thereā€™s no death for you.

1 Like

Do you think you can bypass that by getting killed while having a true projection? Like you are fully conscious in a projection and someone comes and beheads you?

1 Like

mugwort is better than anything THC based for astral projection

4 Likes

Itā€™s easiest to AP on DXM. The first time I did it, it was accidently while I was doing DXM. Although I wonā€™t recommend you do or donā€™t do it and to do your own research before trying it.

Iā€™ve never really messed with mugwort but Iā€™ve always wanted to try it.

1 Like

itā€™s fun just make sure you research the health effects

1 Like

Thanks, Iā€™ll look into it. :slight_smile:
Does it give you a buzz or anything?

1 Like

yeah it makes me feel a little out of it but mostly relaxed. creates some crazy dreams

1 Like