Astral projecting while high?

Yeah, I’ve always wanted to try it for dream work but unfortunately I’m broke right now so it might be a while before I get to try it. :persevere:

1 Like

Maybe or maybe not because Right now what you are referring to as being fully conscious means wakefulness. Let’s take one example of anaesthesia, when doctors inject anaesthesia into our bodies that means it is simply taking away our wakefulness but not consciousness these are two different terms. So, if we have to use yogic terminology for this, what you are referring to as consciousness is considered as jagruti — that means wakefulness.

We do not consider wakefulness as consciousness. Wakefulness is the state of the body. Wakefulness is the state of the mind. Wakefulness is the state of the bio-energies within us, but that’s not consciousness. Well, one thing I would like to clarify is we do not look at brain as very significant aspect, because we see intelligence is right across the system.

Generally, in most people’s understanding I believe, a combination of memory and intelligence is mind. If you take this as a definition, it is a fact that every cell in our body carries millions-of-fold much more memory than the entire brain can carry. Because these cells in the body remember even what happened a million years ago. It remembers the skin tone of your forefathers from a million years, nothing has changed. It never gets confused. So what you can carry in the brain as conscious memory compared to what every cell or every DNA is carrying phenomenally more, and the chemical dimension of what is being conducted in every cell is far more complex than you could ever figure with your entire brain.

So, both in terms of intelligence and memory, the spread is much more. I think this entire focus on brain has come mainly because somewhere, probably pre-renaissance time we broke into this because that region largely we’re talking about Europe. Where it was hugely dominated by very dogmatic belief systems. When people broke through that, nobody was supposed to think for themselves — everything was already said and done. When people broke through that and started thinking for themselves, thinking little freely looked like absolute liberation for those people. And I think that hangover still lasts in our education systems, in our medical science, in the very way we are approaching even fundamental sciences, that hangover, that thought is everything, is very profoundly influencing our social structure and our way of exploration.

In the yogic sciences, we don’t attach any significance to your thought. Whatever you’re thinking, it’s of no consequences to me. We just feel them. What is their chemistry , how they are right now. And if you notice then you will realise that most creatures judge you like this. You can just go in the wild and just pick up a cobra he will do nothing , because he is feeling my chemistry. If you show a little agitation, he’ll go for you. If you’re just okay then it’s fine with you.

So we don’t attach any significance to thought, because thought is recycling of the data that we have already gathered. No thought can come which is absolutely fresh - permutations and combination of the data that we already have. But it is a fact that everything that we can gather as information, analyse and express and use it in many ways, all these things , machines will be doing it better than us in the next ten to to fifteen years time. Everything that is data based processing, machines will do way better than us.

I think it’s a very good time, this is the time we need to explore an intelligence beyond intellect. Because we have become so intellectual, we have become so brain-oriented in our approach to everything. Now, if you see that after all the purpose is to go through something which is generally extremely painful without pain — that is how the entire anesthetic science has come up.

So, you’re just breaking the communication and that’s not happening. It serves the purpose. So being wakeful and being conscious are two different things. This is described like this. For wakefulness, we have a word called jagruti. Jagruti means you are awake. If ten people — let’s say we take sample of ten people — they all fell asleep and they came awake. When they come awake, all of them will not be equally awake. One percent maybe instantly awake, another person may two minutes — as you much have noticed with anaesthesia also. Another person may take an hour or so. Like this, different levels of wakefulness is also there. So this is Jagruti. So we are calling wakefulness as consciousness - No.

The next dimension of consciousness is called swapna. This means a dream state. A dream state is far more vivid than wakeful state for most human beings. It’s like going to a cinema. If you go to a cinema, the key factor of the impact of the cinema on you, is turning off the lights. This is something most people don’t understand. If you don’t turn off the lights, cinema will be no good. It doesn’t matter how well it’s made. Turn on the lights and watch cinema, you will see a great cinema becomes nothing. So turning off the light is important. Just like that turning off the lights in our experience is the eyelids. You down the shutters, the world is off. Now you start your own world. So, dream state is like a cinema. It’s far more impactful. People love their cinema stars more than the people they have lived with for twenty five years. But they have not even seen them. All this saw was a play of light and sound. But that is far more impactful simply because lights are off. So, eyelid is that, if you roll it down , light should be off, world should be closed. But, right now , the problem is , the mental faculty has not taken charge of, so it’s running wild all the time with eyes closed. So this dream state is considered a more powerful state than Jagruti. Jagruti or wakefulness is important for performing action in the world. But for human consciousness, in terms of profoundness of experience, dream is always more profound than walking on the street.

The next state is called as sushupti. Sushupti means it is dreamless state , but there are dimensions of consciousness that you are aware of. It’s a totally dreamless sleep state , but you are aware. There is no picturization, there is no video running in your mind, there are no pictures, There are no people, there are no words, but you are conscious in your sleep. This is a really powerful state if you really want to manifest something in your life, this is something to be explored.

And the next one is called turya. This is consciousness, where there is no memory involved of any kind. Essentially in the yogic sciences, we are looking at consciousness as an intelligence beyond memory. If there is memory, memory is considered a boundary, in the sense — this is one person, this is another person, simply because this embodies one kind of memory and that embodies another kind of memory. This has become one kind of person, this has become another kind of person. Essentially, it is in the memory. Memory does not mean just what I remember and you remember. Genetic memory is there, evolutionary memory is there, elemental memory is there, atomic memory is there, karmic memory is there, inarticulate and articulate memories are there.

But generally we are thinking , memory means consciously what we can remember. But today, if we eat dog food, we’ll not become dogs. Something within us remembers , no matter what you eat, this has to be only transformed into a human being. It doesn’t matter what you eat. If you and a cow everyday eat a mango, no merger will happen. Perfect memory is established, evolutionary memory is absolute. So these different dimensions of memory are playing on a daily basis.

Your memory is determining everything. So, largely in one single word , we call this karma. Karma means the residual impact of all the memory that you have. How it is impacting every thought , every emotion, every action, the very way you sit and stand. So, this is what we are referring to as karma , that the residual impact of memory, varieties of memory we recognise memory as eight basic form of memory which are determining how you are right now. The very way you sit , stand, breathe, understand, perceive life, is determined by this memory.

But there is an intellect beyond memory which we call as turya or chitta. This is consciousness. Now, every one of us is conscious. The question is only of degree. Even a rock is conscious, a dog is conscious, a pig is conscious. The question is only of degrees, how conscious? How conscious is different from person to person. So this degree of consciousness determines everything.

Now, if we have to give an analogy, what is memory is like — I am sure every one of us at some stage of life blew soap bubbles, so, when you blow a soap bubble, the soap part of it which is very little, just a tiny drop, the large part of it is air that it captures. So, how big a bubble? When we were children’s, who can blow the biggest bubble was a big deal. And it’s a certain amount of technique…so how big a bubble — the bubble is like this, the kind of soap and how it gathers is your memory. It gives it a form. But when the memory bursts, there is no such thing as your air and my air. There is no such thing as your consciousness and my consciousness. There is something called as my body and your body. There is something called as my memory and your memory. There is something called as my intellect and your intellect. But there is nothing called as my consciousness or your consciousness. How much of it did you capture, how big is your bubble will determine the scale of your life. The scale and possibilities of your life are determined by how big a bubble did you blow.

Now, you said if someone comes and beheads you and puts you to death? You need to understand that when you are doing certain very advanced yogic meditations, you will actually experience death, but conscious death.

Suppose you are riding a bicycle, you are a new rider with little balance, so you’ll get imbalanced. Some other kid is riding, he will leave his hands free and whistle and look here, look there and ride, and do all kinds of things, stand up on the handle bar and turn around, jump, all this. Why? It’s a certain mastery, certain balance and mastery. Now you can jump off the cycle and again jump back and do all these things.

Similarly with your body, if you have a certain amount of mastery, you can jump off and jump back quite effortlessly. Now, it is happening accidentally because of some medication or for many people during sixties, seventies — why I am saying this is because in reality, there is no such thing as death. It’s life, life and life alone, moving from one dimension to another, another dimension to another and this is what yogi’s believe.

So, if I lose one dimension, it looks like that is death. Right now, it is a medical fact that — they say approximately every fortnight , you are losing seven kilograms of your existing body and something new has come in — in one fortnight. whateve you weight , you must just calculate in how many fortnights you have completely lost. Everything that you have in your body is being lost continuously, and something else is coming in. But you don’t experience as death.

Every meal and every day you empty your bowels you must experience it as near-death. But that doesn’t happen to you. But this happens to you , because there is some disengagement in your experience, particularly because of the anaesthetic impact. The disengagement with various faculties that you’re normally used to, suddenly makes you feel you’re dead. Nobody died, it’s just…it’s completely wrong perception. Yes, every moment of your life, if you are willing, if you are not entangled with situations and your own thoughts and emotions, there are many, many things you can perceive right here. But because as I said, loss of faculties works out well for a lot of people, unfortunately. It’s not a good thing.

1 Like

I keep thinking that I would like to read your replies, @domain_of_lilith- but they are nearly impossible to read with my old eyes, because of the lack of paragraph breaks.

Sorry don’t mean to be rude or derail this thread, but I’ve noticed it in a few places, and your not the only one, I know- but I am interested and unable to focus, keep my spot in the reading etc. with the long paragraphs.

2 Likes

Hehe , I apologise for that, I like sharing all the information that I carry about the subject to let it all out at once.

It is not just you but I would say 95% of the human energy is wasted…simply wasted because most human beings cannot hold anything in their focus for any substantial amount of time. Otherwise, each of them would be opening up a new window , a new door to something else. Seven billion people , if they had their minds and consciousness focused , everything, just everything have to yield, nothing would be unexplored, just everything .

1 Like

:woman_shrugging: I have no trouble reading long posts with paragraph breaks :slight_smile: My scrying eyes don’t kick in and cause issues focusing on the here and now when there is a way to tell where I am.

I will use paragraph breaks more often now :))

1 Like

Thanks, I for one would appreciate it greatly. I’m the worst rambler so have to remind myself to the same all the time.

1 Like

I edited my recent post with paragraph breaks so that you can read it easily. :slight_smile: :sparkles:

1 Like

Dissociatives are the best drugs to AP with imo. I’ve done it accidently before while on DXM. I’ve come very close while on weed but I’ll agree with the other posters here who say that weed can make it easy to get distracted.
While it’s not always easy to AP on weed I will say that it does open astral senses i.e. the ability to touch, taste, feel, hear, and see into the astral planes even when you’re not actually projecting.

1 Like

I have used cannabis to AP and trance state. For me it was easy to reach these, quiet instataneously. But a warnning is needed: do not overdose it, I mean know the right dose for yourself, it can really be dangerous if you are not used to it and you overdose it, in the sense that it will overpower (potentiate) your body and brain function: it either will make you VERY relaxed or very accelerated (heart rate), if wrong toughts enter your mind in that exact moment they will be strong, you enter into crisis of panic, you will pray for the effects of the cannabis to pass away…
I agree with these comments… and if you ever try it, make sure to not take too much ( I know too much is very relative )

1 Like