Astral experiences in the Abyss/hell?

I am curious about any astral experiences you guys have had in hell, the Abyss, etc. I’m specifically curious about the geography of hell, if it has a “physical” geography or if the geography is more energetic and incorporeal. I’m developing a personal cosmology with the geography of hell having great importance. It will really help my practice and I’m hoping to attempt to reach some of the same places you guys can point me to in the astral.

What have you guys seen? Give me as much detail as you remember.

In my experience, these are human created locations in the astral, some individual some shared, so what they are like depends on who made them and what their preconvieved expectations were. No different really than visiting any other fiction in the astral. I’ve also visited places from world of Warcraft and Rift games.

To understand why hell is a fictional concept read The History of Hell book.

The abbys is similar, it’s not really a location but a way to explain the seeming divide between human conception and reality. However some people, notably Josephine McCarthy invent entire landscapes as an interface to underlying forces and concepts in the universe in order to work with them. I have visted McCarthys version of the abyss and found it effective as a tool to do this.

It’s still all just models and tools for specific purposes, none of it is “real”, just another way to percieve.

My most memorable private Hel was the guy who was strung up by his neck to a dead, charred tree in a fiery burning red rock landscape, being flayed alive, all skin sliced off in strips by several gibbering imps, and when done, regenerated to do it again.