Ascentment/Magick without Visualization

Thanks :slight_smile: I think they mostly covered it but I will drop a line in here that I have aphantasia, and while I can dream vividly, and I can see during projection and journeys- I cannot make any sort of picture with my mind. I tried for a long time to learn how and with aphantasia- I don’t even get after images.

It doesn’t effect my ability to do magic however, when ever something tells me to visualize, I do what I can instead. If it wants me to visualize a dark cave, I’ll imagine what the cave would feel like. It’s cool and it’s damp and what sounds are there? What does it smell like? Is the stone cool to the touch? etc.

Look into energy work and clairsentience is my other thought as without the ability to visualize, I’ve found this has helped me tremendously. I figured if I can’t see it, then I had to figure out how to feel it.

I also find spirits can give me visual impressions, they are brief, look like they are in the distance, usually vague, but also clearly something not here in the physical world. Some types of spirits are clearer for me than others, but since I cannot make images with my mind period- when I see something, I know I saw it (or that I’m loosing it and going crazy. Either one ya know.)

4 Likes

Before I get on this forum, I had no idea about aphantasia. I am not able to visualize anything, and anytime someone would tell me to visualize something, I thought I was doing it wrong, or I was just bad or I don’t know. So like, I can imagine it, but with words mostly. And as Keteriya said, now I try to feel, or hear more than seeing. It still not that great, but better than nothing :grin:

3 Likes

:stuck_out_tongue: I didn’t know until about five years ago people could actually visualize lmao. I had to ask every one I knew about it, and I’ve yet to meet in the physical someone else like me, with zero ability to make a picture in their mind.

Both of my kids says theirs is so clear it’s like it’s real and I’m like damned. I swear that could be a lot of fun lmao…

2 Likes

Yeeees, I mean, I knew people could visualize things, I just thought I was bad at it :rofl: Kinda sad in a way.
If you tell me to visualize a green apple… Well, there is nothing, just pitch black. I can kinda see some lights when I meditate, but that’s about it.

And funny thing is, even though I can’t visualize, I have such a great imagination. I can have full stories in my head, and play them.

2 Likes

Oh. I can even visualize with eyes open, i actually visualized a green apple as i’m writing this , i mean creating a mental image in my head though they are not as vivid :sweat_smile:
but i still suck at it lol.

1 Like

Thanks

1 Like

Yeah mostly how I am

But isnt that just day dreaming?

1 Like

No, I’m talking about mental image,
Like when you hear sweets, you get a picture in your head? And sometimes taste and smell. Just like that. but i visualize too xD

1 Like

Thats basically day dreaming because when your day dreamin your making a mental image in your head with your eyes open.

1 Like

Okay lol,
Yes I day dream xDD

1 Like

I am curious, try something for me. Close your eyes and imagine a chair, can you see a chair in your mind? If you look at a chair first then close your eyes can you “see” the chair? If so then you can visualize! I have yet to find anyone who truly can’t visualize. If you dream, you can visualize.

2 Likes

No i can’t i just tried it & dreaming is different than visualizing

Yeah I would always grype to my parents because they could vizualise & they never use it xD

Eeeeh, not fully true. Like @Keteriya, I have vivid dreams (and a lot of them), but I cannot see anything when I close my eyes. People who can’t visualize usually imagine/see with words.

2 Likes

I can lucid dream but that was only cuz i made a sigil & activated it so I could every time i slept

Yeah sorry man that’s not true, unfortunately. A very small number of us can see absolutely nothing when we close our eyes. It’s like a completely black screen-period. I get nothing even when I am in deep trance with closed eyes unless I leave my body or go to sleep. I have dreams with pictures, I can see when I project or when I do soul retrieval journeys but I cannot make any sort of picture or see anything with closed eyelids. That includes after images. Most people can see weird colors from what I read- if they stare at a lightbulb or a candle flame, or even a phone screen- I cannot see those. I see one solid color, with exception of it might be a slightly bright black, if someone shines a flashlight at my closed eye lids- but I still don’t see anything.

2 Likes

I think im the same way because if someone shines lights in my eyes as a close range is just see my eyelides with the light coming through then goes back to black.

1 Like

That is very interesting. Most people I have talked with who said they couldn’t visualize at all, were able to visualize with some vocal coaching but I trust you understand your abilities far better then I can. Can you “sense” the object you are trying to visualize? I use intuition to sense spirits and energy because I don’t naturally visualize those without a lot of work. Some people just See everything, I am not one of those.

I am fortunate enough to have a strong imagination so visualizing always came a bit easy for me. But we all have our strengths and weaknesses and we just learn to use what works best for us.

2 Likes

Its called aphantasia. You’re right with most people just think that, but not all. I can also receive visuals from spirits in addition to having the access to other claires.

Imaginary visuals may be the best way for most of you guys to start seeing spirits, but the ability to imagine in visual is honestly not the only way to see or sense them.

4 Likes