Are hindu ''gods'' really just demons?

I think so. There are 330 million hindu ‘‘gods’’. I have seen hindu ‘‘gods’’ be exorcised from someone’s body.
What do you think they are?

3 Likes

[quote=“rd166, post:1, topic:2934”]I think so. There are 330 million hindu ‘‘gods’’. I have seen hindu ‘‘gods’’ be exorcised from someone’s body.
What do you think they are?[/quote]

I’m going to say no, at least they aren’t from what we have our understanding of them anyway. Hindu deities are known to produce some of the most powerful magical activities out there; they are pretty high on the ring of power in terms of global deities in general.

However, I would also say that the power of any entity, regardless of the delineation, has a lot more to do with practitioners that we might like to admit. Western mages generally don’t dive nearly as deep into control of states of consciousness as the Indian mages are taught to do. This is at least true in terms of literature you will find; I’m pretty sure there are plenty of Western magicians who concentrate on entering very deep states of consciousness and power, but they are not likely to write about it.

Many “demons” in Western magic are gods that ARE NOT Western in origin. However, through centuries of orienting to these beings as lesser denizens of “evil”, they have had their attributes, powers, and presence constricted to a very narrow expression of what that deity can be. So collectively, these entities often fail to come through in the fullness of their capacity due to the restrictive ideals, expectations, committments and lack of skill on the part of the majority of Western magicians.

Don’t get me wrong, most Indian yogis don’t really achieve very much either. However, the ones who go into the paths of Tantric shamanism do not do so without really mastering certain prerequisites that allow them to bring forth the a much more substantial experience and power stream than we come to think is possible in the West. If a Tantric mage summons forth Shiva to eat with him in his house, you can expect that the food on Shiva’s plate will be consumed. Likewise, if Shiva leaves the Tantric mage a gift, it is likely to have an extremely physical presence, if not being a completely physical object.

So the answer is kind of a yes and no. If you are asking whether or not they have comparable power, historically the answer would be no, Hindu deities completely outclass our idea of demons. If you are asking if they are the same class of being, the answer would be yes in many cases, demons and Hindu deities share common ancient history. However, the difference between them is based more so on the degree of immersion and investment the magicians and followers that are dedicated to and work with them possess. The “demons” of today have relatively small followings and come from cultures that have been publicly extinct for thousands of years. Moreover, the average magician that works with them largely don’t possess a high degree of devotion and immersion into these particular entities. However, the Hindu deities have been worshiped ten of thousands of years throughout not just India, but a huge deal of Asia at large. They have lineages of highly skilled mystics and yogis that enter extremely immersed activities centered around these deities. Even the unskilled devotee of a Hindu deity possesses a near evangelical faith and trust in that deity, and those who possess this faith are closer to the ends of 1 billion in terms of their numbers.

So that is why these entities are not readily in the same class, although inherently they may be similar beings. You will likely have a harder time, and need way more personal skill to summon Ganesha than you need to summon Marbas. It also helps to understand that the pantheon of Indian deities are not necessarily all in the same class of beings. Even though the Hindus were a bit more general about what they called a deity, the fact is that some of those deities are a lot closer to what we might call an angel rather than our idea of a God. So even though there are 330 million of those deities, many are what we consider demons, because they aren’t all in the same “class” as those around them. But even still, those entities tend to present WAY more power for their practitioners than our demons do, but I would say that is the magician’s fault, not the entity’s.

20 Likes

[quote=“rd166, post:1, topic:2934”]I think so. There are 330 million hindu ‘‘gods’’. I have seen hindu ‘‘gods’’ be exorcised from someone’s body.
What do you think they are?[/quote]

Oh come on! Isn’t the Christian “God” really just the demon we all fear? Hindu gods, especially the top dogs represent some aspect of good fortune and prosperity, so why call them demons. In fact, they slay demons. Look up Durga, Kali, Krishna, and Shiva. All of them kill demons. However, Shiva gives them refuge because he is compassionate but still does not condone their harmful actions. The bottom line, fuck no! They are not demons.

11 Likes

Now that you said about the Crhistian god being a demon, I’ve always wondered if someone has ever evoked Yahweh or Jesus… Would be Epic lol!

4 Likes

I think use of the word “demon” to mean “that which isn’t the Xian/muslim/jewish god” means that to one person, any entity that speaks and acts is demonic, whereas others of us may draw the line differently.

I’m not crazy about the word because of the inherant value judgement implied by it, and the implication that all entities to whom it’s applied have similar goals and effects once they’re in your life.

There ARE entities who will mainly want to harm or bring sickness and things we consider bad, and some who fit that category mainly belong to other dimensions, but I still wouldn’t try to classify them so definitively into “demonic” and that’s it, case closed pending no review ever. I’m not a fan of simplistic dualism because too much trying to “do good” usually leads to at least a massacre or two, and yet disease and death liberated England from serfdom during the Black Death, so it’s even more tricky than trying to judge a book by its cover.

11 Likes

In the vedas, demons are beings who go around and fuck up the lives of people whether it be in the form of sickness, ignorance, evil thoughts, or anything that fosters the seed of humanity’s destruction. They just want to fuck shit up. Some enjoy killing people. Others enjoy enslaving them. This fits the common notion of “demons”.

4 Likes

Aren’t the Asuras the “demons” of Hindu belief, and the Devas are the “angels?” And I use those terms very loosely, as they are Western terms, and should not be applied to the beliefs of other cultures (unless, of course, you are Christian and believe that anything not part of your own paradigm is “evil” or “demonic”).

6 Likes

We translate those beings into “demons” because we call all things bad demons. I am specifically talking about the the Western demons though who, despite modern history, are NOT inherently evil. You have “demons” from the Goetia that have historically exhibited little to none of the characteristics that are commonly referred to as “demonic”.

4 Likes

Eliphas Levi wrote in his book “The history of Magic” in the third chapter that:
“We are told by the kabalistic tradition that India was peopled by the descendents of Cain, and thither at a later period migrated the descendents of Abraham and Keturah; in any case it is, above all others, the country of GOETIA and illusionary wonders. Black magic has been perpetuated therein…”

2 Likes

Hindu gods are called demons in christianity and jinns in islam .

1 Like

From my research i think they all are connected to other ancient and old cultures worldwide. Just called and used different names for deities.

1 Like

In Islam Djinns are not seen as being evil. They are simply made by smokeless fire by Allah, and us human of clay.

There are Muslim Djinns and there are Christian Djinns. There are also Satanic Djinns, they all vary just as us.

3 Likes

Worshipping jinns is shirk in Islam . And allah didnt create them uwu . Jinns can or can not be human friendly .

1 Like

I said allah didnt create them because as per Islam , all pagan gods are jinns .

1 Like

According to the Qu’ran Allah created them. At least I have mutiple Muslim friends who talks about Djinn regularly.

2 Likes

This excerpt quote from the Catholic Encyclopedia is very revealing:
In the same way the Greeks and Romans may have worshipped their divinities, fondly believing them to be good. But the Christian Scriptures declare that all the gods of the Gentiles are demons.
Catholic Encyclopedia: Devil Worship

DEMONS ARE THE ORIGINAL GODS OF HUMANITY !!!

5 Likes

Most of the Hindu gods are opposed to demons and evil spirits, There are also Hindu gods that are called upon for exorcism as well, such as shiva, hanuman and durga, however there are some lesser known gods who fall under (tamasik) dark gods and (pisach) vampires and the aghori tantriks invoke them for baneful purpose or dark knowledge.

3 Likes

Please don’t equate demons with evil spirits.

6 Likes

I think he meant it from a Hindu viewpoint.

2 Likes

Some are and some are not. There are so many. I have worked with Lakshmi and she feels nothing like a demonic

1 Like