“Are Demons Real?” ~ 4 Questions To Dissect

^ That nails why I find the statement “spirits are a part of us in the end” always seems to slide away when poked! :smiling_imp:

1 Like

This is your “blowing one’s nose” theory. Sure, all connected but sometimes you gotta take out the garbage.

Operative word: think. It’s all illusion and can be changed.

As to why one would consider a demon part of themselves as opposed to its own creature…

1. Even if that isn’t the case (for sake of argument), if the Magician believes it is, then it is a hell of a lot easier for them to stay in control. Power through hubris!
  2. For the same reason they’d consider you, and strangers, and the computer desk, and the entire cosmos part of themselves.
1 Like

Lol yep. Did I bring up the points you wished for in a debate?

2 Likes

I love this thread.

1 Like

Because you are a part of me of course! :rofl:

My point to give a credible use case is this:

• person wants to evoke really scary hell demon to kill let’s say very very bad bass person

• person worries “Is scary hell demon safe to call pls?”

• people reply saying “Scary hell demon is aspect of you, go get that bastard!”

• why is scary hell demon that has rep for fucking up humans seen as (almost) wholly-owned subsidiary of querent, and yet nasty mean boss is not?

^ That is obviously finally the Divine Paradox that fucks people up, and to anyone reading this, this is the definition:

This is discussed in the Kybalion as the Divine Paradox: the infinite All witnesses the universe as a dream; the finite (us) witnesses the universe as real. To think as God is to be in a state of detached “mountain-top consciousness” which is incompatible with everyday life and everyday consciousness with desires, hopes, etc.

The universe is; and is not - these two poles of truth are the Absolute and the Relative - and half-truths, such as when new-agers play “blame the victim” towards someone who’s manifested an illness, are a trap for feeble minds.

This seeming paradox regarding what is, and is not real, is an aspect of the Principle of Polarity described in the Kybalion.

This is why the RHP argument “Everything is as it should be/is according to God’s will” is a cop-out, because what’s right for God/the All/Source is a different thing to what matters to us, the finite differentiated beings who have to deal with it at ground-level.

I guess one thing I would therefore do is advise the would-be summoner of scary hell demon to evoke omnipotence, however I am not always sure simply telling people “fake it til you make it” alone will get them in the state where the world falls inside their heads and scary hell demon becomes the tissue into which they blow their nose. :thinking:

1 Like

This, to me, is like asking someone like myself (who hunts big predators such as bears and cougars) “Is it safe to go hunt a grizzly?” What is your definition of safe? If you’re acting like an idiot and are scared and jumpy, no (to both the grizzly and scury hell demonz). But if you know your prey or the being you wish to e/invoke then yes, because you will know “if I do this then X will respond with y”. But, part of that is experience. You aren’t going to hunt a bear if you’ve never touched a gun. You work your way up and learn to think like them.

1 Like

As an addendum:
I realize that a lot of my philosophy sounds like RHP Unity crapola. That’s because they’re partly right. Everything absolutely is connected and part of a greater, living thing.

However.
I have been to the end of the Universe (which is also the beginning). I’ve entered the singularity and I’ve witnessed the thing called Unity. And I wanted no part of that shit. No hive mind for me for the remainder of existence, thanks. Hahaha! That’s actually the very experience that made me veer off to the Left.

Theogenesis is real and attainable. And it does not conflict with the concept that all is one. It’s simply making a choice to be the machine, rather than a cog within it.

(slightly off topic but related)

1 Like

This is the same as what happens when the Magician summons something, expecting it to be a bitch, and then it is. While another Magician summons the same thing, expecting it to be cool, and it is…

1 Like

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Exactly. Except the asshole is the Magician, technically.

1 Like

Lol yep. Like I said, if you expect me to act like a cunt, dont be surprised when thats what you get. I know how I feel when someone labels me and throws me into a category before ever interacting with me. I can only imagine how they feel.

1 Like

I think we have morepower over our universe thanwe realize.

2 Likes

Agreed!

Agreed! :laughing:

The reason I think the RHP and the “one world, one god, one mind” thing is SO deadly is because it’s plain that the All/Source/whatever you want to call it has explicitly gone out of its way to split into as many diverse and different forms as possible, so trying to return to that unity in any way is like a damaged fetus that can’t be birthed safely, so gets reabsorbed into its mother.

This is why I think all aspects of the RHP as a goal are meta-suicide, I mean yeah write this off as UPG but it happened before I formed strong ideas, and was actually the origin of some of them: Time Travel, Aliens, And That Damned Reflection

3 Likes

Not much of a debate when we three more or less all see eye to eye, is it? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

That’s a fantastic simile.

4 Likes

TMW someone uses that word out of high school.

2 Likes

6 Likes

Now you’re speakin my language!

1 Like

I have only skimmed about this, but the best way I can describe how I see demons and other god like spirits falls into the all things connected vibe. Imagine everything as a chaotic jumble of strings, chords, and what have you. When you call on a specific being you are reaching out and selecting and grabbing specific combinations of strings, which form a new whole separate entity from the “whole”. When the entity leaves, those certain strings return to the whole. Which is how these beings are eternal yet only exist when we observe them.

This is just a theory I have been mulling over lately.

1 Like

I’m going to try to answer these in one go. I think that any animal with the capacity to perceive spirits (and there is plenty of anecdotal evidence that they can), and have the capacity to dream, can potentially create spirits. The question is are they actually doing this. There are a lot of spirits that have never been human which also have feral animal qualities.

I think these species may be the roots of what we call shamanism. But I may not have understood the question.

We don’t create our consciousness i don’t think. This is the part of us that we send forth in soul travel. We can, however, create our astral body and mold it info whatever shape we want. We cannot affect the physical world unless we create a form and condense it enough first. Our consciousness already existed but we create a form that can interact with this world. Sound much like evocation?

1 Like