Anyone have experience with dieting?

Fasting?
No Carbs?

Man, you guys would hate Gilber… er Greg Douchette then. He’d call ya morons. I do think he’s a little over the top. Still, i’m sticking to his relative food plan and yeah i loosely count calories (though i try to be exact). Issues is exercise calories. I need a new scale and the wild fires for two weeks with smoke in my house was horrible. I didn’t exercise for two weeks and i think the scale screweed up as i wasn’t eating more.

Here’s the graph i keep

I only recently started using the app for charting so sadly it doesn’t show extended progress. Here’s the paper log:
WEIGHT LOG:

***Measured end log on new week.
Week 0 - Sat aug 22 = 201 lbs
Week 1 - Sat aug 29 = 194.8 lbs
Week 2 - Sat Sep 5 = 195.2 lbs. 193.7.???
Week 3 - Sat Sep 12 = 197.4 lbs
Week 4 - Sat Sep 19 = 192.6 lbs

I tend to eat low fat foods and utilize stevia and mung fruit sugars. I found some i can’t believe its not butter spray (kinda neh). The smart balance i bought was liquid from store and spoiled. Maybe a godsend as it was just empty calories. Veggiesc puckles, melons, are great. I eat other fruit. I eat a lot of protein but selective in the types. Even popcorn though i pop it old fashioned and not microwave stufff.
I tend to stay away from chips, cereals, baked deserts, puddings, and even regular icecream. I don’t eat whole eggs but utilize powdered egg whites and add water. Liquid costs a hell of a lot more. No yolks. I do eat wraps from time to time and processed deli meats (2 oz is roughly 70 calories). Roast beef, ham, turkey.

For me it winds down to calories in and those burned. Try to keep it at 1500-1600. From 202 to 192.6 in 4 weeks. Yeah, ots not a lot or anything like doctor wallac sayinf 2-3 lbs a day but w/e.

I hope the next weigh in (i do thins only 1 time a week and not every day… Greg says daily but i disagree).

Generally, whatever works for the individual is a thumbs up. I my goals is to restore energy and get fit for a roughish living. I don’t have a car or support system so i rely on bike or feet to get to town. If i’m unfit (well i am) then it makes life very hard.

2 bouts of covid devistated my stamina and lotsa self indulgence sitting around sex stuff and food was just killing me. Bowed out of that and went to determined health. Its pretty hard when others in house aren’t so healthy esp in eating. Stress from persinalities arevl also an issue.

Best of health to you in whichever way you adventure on. Trial and error but work to do better each time and don’t give up on your goals.

Cheers