Anyone ever feel alone

Exactly, I go to great lengths to appear normal, and everyone has one (or more) axes of weirdness in their inner lives, it’s only the self-indulgent who go round flaunting theirs, publicly or in communities where they think they’ll get sympathy, and expecting to be told how fantastic that makes them.

For example, topics have come up on here before about how black magicians should dress, and I’ve always maintained, we are best of doing so in a way that gives the impression you intend to give.

Fine, load up on the black lipstick if that works for you, but doing it where it won’t work then getting butthurt is dumb.

And I ponder how so many people carry these two things in their mind at once:

1. I express my core personality and values through my appearance
  1. how dare anyone judge others based just on appearance?!?

Same thing goes for attitude and manner of speech and relating to others. :woman_shrugging:

6 Likes

@anon25000386 I’ve noticed that as well. It seems the more I grow in my occult practices and power, getting the results I want the less like “everyone else” I feel. I don’t think they are stupid or beneath me and my “enlightened self” ( I still have so much to learn and do, as does even the most experienced of occult masters, which I’m definitely not a "master occultist by any stretch ). It sometimes feels like I relate more to spirits than most “normies”. This is especially true in the South ( U.S.A. , Dixie, the Confederacy, whatever pleases ) where almost everyone is a “hell-fire and brimstone Christian”. I used to live in South-Eastern Virginia, in a large military area. Still the South ( we’re the capitol of the South ), but there is way more diversity and people of all mindsets. Here in North Carolina, especially way up here in the mountains, everyone seems to be the kind that would frown on my occult practices, especially if I said “Oh, I summon demons and angels regularly”, so I have nobody here I can talk with about such things, I don’t have any friends here. I just smile and nod my head, like a good bartender would, as they speak of their religious views while I’m unable to talk of my own spirituality.

Back in Virginia, I did a lot of partying, had many friends, dealt ( and did ) a lot of drugs, and played in bands from my teens to my 30s ( I’m a death metal/black metal guitarist that started playing at 14 [almost 47 now, tho most guess my age to be 25. Not a single wrinkle or gray hair] and, I won’t name-drop, but I played in bands that got paid when we played, people would come to shows because it was us playing, and played in touring bands that fans of this kind of metal may have heard of ). Given the kind of music I play and bands I’ve played and toured in, plus the imagery in our stage shows and our lyrics, many people assumed we were “devil worshipers” anyway, lol. I can definitely say I prefer the city to the country ( there is nothing here, 9/10 of the population are rednecks, and the only advantage to living so isolated is that I can shoot my guns all I want, the house is surrounded by thick woods so I can hunt all I want and not worry about what’s in season, tags, and bag limits/endangered species, as there are no cops and neighbors for miles. This means I can grow all the opium poppies I want ). That being said, I can enjoy my own company, so the only thing is meeting girls ( most of the beautiful country girls around here are married to rednecks and/or would freak and be repelled by me if they saw me doing ritual ( or even if I talk about the occult with them ). Sure I could call on Sitri, Beleth, Asmodai, and many more, but I don’t want to have to use magick to get girls. Getting girls has never been a problem for me back home in Virginia, but here it’s slim pickings, especially for a LHP occultist living in the Bible Belt. At least I have you guys and girls to talk to online, but I really want to meet a cool, pretty girl around here who is into me for me and who I am. So yeah, @anon25000386, I feel ya on feeling like you have to keep a very important part of your life hidden and the occult ( especially the LHP ) being a lonely path at times. I appreciate all of you and this community very much. Any pretty female occultists in North-Western North Carolina?

3 Likes

Tell me a place in the world where people wouldn’t frown on someone saying that, honestly.

1 Like

They should dress in black. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: that’s why we call them ‘black’ magicians. haha. i can’t identify them as black magicians if they aren’t in black.

1 Like

that place would be with me. =o)

1 Like

Haha, I call it “social camouflage”

1 Like

:rofl: pretty much nowhere honestly

1 Like

Well that brings me back to my statement that one of the nicest parts of being a BALG member is the sense of community we have.

You know for being a bunch of black magicians most of here are very friendly and cool people. Most people wouldn’t understand us that way. They’d judge us as a bunch of immoral devil worshipers.

That sucks but it’s part and parcel of the game.

5 Likes

Jokes on you, OP, I want to be left alone most of time. :laughing:

2 Likes

@anon10524665 You are right, but back home in Virginia, there were all kinds of Goths, metal-heads, and so on that were accepting of me. I didn’t go around broadcasting it, but I didn’t hide it. I even “hooked up” with quite a few “Goth chicks” who thought it was cool and wanted me to teach them stuff while we were “dating”. With it being a big military area ( we have all the even numbered S.E.A.L. Teams, Navy Atlantic Fleet Headquarters, lots of Marine Amphibious Bases, Naval bases, Naval air-stations, and so on. My hometown is a 20 minute drive from the VA Beach ocean-front ), there is such a wide array of people that, as the saying goes, “there’s an ass for every seat”. I had like-minded friends, I lived there for 40 or 41 years, so I knew everybody. Even a black metal show wouldn’t go over here, and there would probably be Christian zealots protesting our shows, telling us we need to “get saved” and they will pray for us ( a form of magick aimed at countering your magick ) even if there was a place to play here. I have the idea of finding someone who can sing well while I play an acoustic guitar, bill ourselves as “acoustic soloist and vocalist”, playing local brew-pubs and the like, making the lyrics gory death metal and occult black metal with chill, pretty-sounding songs, and seeing how long it would take people to realize we’re playing and singing about things like “entrails pulled from your mouth” and “hail Lucifer” while they were trying to eat and drink craft beers. I think it would be hilarious. It would sure as hell be memorable, haha. But yeah, I meant it would be met with open hostility here, whereas back home people would pay to see bands I played in and they were expecting gore and evil

Yeah I understand. I too felt that for quite some time but then it gets repetitive and we have to admit we are animals that need face to face social interaction. But the reality is we may say we like to be alone but we are never really alone because we have the internet

1 Like

As you said, they would misjudge us. That is exactly right. It really does suck…

1 Like

Honestly, whether it is to dress like a black magician or to try to dress “normal”, I don’t think it’s a big deal. People should dress however they’d like to dress. If you dress in an odd way, you won’t get attacked for it unless you are skinny dipping. There wouldn’t be any harm in the way you dress

Just by someone’s body language, that emits more than the colors you pick in your outfit or the any type of outfit you see fit

2 Likes

I too live in the woods (although prefer cannabis over poppies) and the great part for me is the isolation. I’ve always been a loner and fear that I like it too much. “Don’t call me. I’ll call you. And don’t be offended if I don’t call you.” What’s it like to have a bunch of friends? I have no idea. Having lived in a major city for 25 years, I found almost no one (other than my husband) that I could relate to. Even in the spiritual shops, people there gave me the impression they’re arm chair witches. You probably met much more interesting people being in a band.

What I like about living among redneck Christians is that they believe their behavior in this world affects their afterlife. And so, they’re generally nicer to be around. Atheists can be such assholes. I was sent to a school with Christian in the title and when inner city co-workers would ask me where I graduated from, they would reply to my answer with “Oh how cute. You were raised to believe fairy tales.” They’d lie to your face, steal behind your back and view you a step on the corporate ladder. Even though Christians don’t approve of witchcraft at least they believe in angels and demons. However, there is some Granny Magic that goes on in the foothills where I live. It seems to rely on necromancy and herbalism. Thankfully I have my hillbilly witchy cousin to visit with from time to time.

1 Like

But, isn’t that the same mindset as christians who come to metal concerts saying they’ll pray for you? Just let these people have their beer in peace.
Why can’t we live and let live? :woman_shrugging:

Yes, live and let live.

3 Likes

Most black magicians I know are actually more ethical than most people ironically enough. We understand that with power, the power to change what we think is wrong comes great responsibility. Most black Magicians I know aren’t cruel people who hurt others maliciously without due cause.

It’s very sad because I believe we are a very noble path with it’s many traditions.

2 Likes

I do believe that many people don’t delve too deeply into spirituality. With some religions, questioning or digging deeper is punished harshly, any spiritual practices that aren’t done by your denomination are false and evil or heresy, God will punish you if you even so much as think about anything being different, etc. so I understand. And then if you’re not convinced by this practice, well if you have any spirituality you’re stupid and unable to deal with reality and you’re nothing but an idiot who needs to rely on fairy tales and I thought you were smarter than that. So the idea that this journey is a lonely one is very understandable.

You better not check out the baneful magick area on this forum then and see the riddiculous reasons why people try to curse others.

4 Likes

Well I guess I could be wrong…:thinking: Seems like most of us are adults that won’t throw a punch without being provoked first.

2 Likes

I mean, the first book I read on black magick was basically “killing a chicken at a crossroads will solve all your problems” and the whole idea of satanic panic/satanists do human sacrifice and ritual abuse, etc. I made the mistake of answering a true crime Youtubers questions about Asmoday once and I got misquoted (she said I sounded like such a nice and compassionate person, why would I follow a left hand path? Don’t you sacrifice cats? Not unless by ‘sacrifice’ you mean ‘take care of abandoned kittens from outside’, Etc.) And she ended up doing a video about Asmodeus from Dungeons and Dragons. I have nothing against D&D, I have a D&D tattoo, but it was more than a little insulting especially when she said she wanted to clear up misconceptions

1 Like