Anubis

I would like to know how to summon Anubis using a sigil, but I’m kind of new and need help. I want to get knowledge in general, but also of medicine and YouTube.

4 Likes

Anubis is a godform and therefore doesn’t really have a sigl, as those are more of a demon and angel kind of thing.

However, you can make one for him using his name and something like the Rose Cross if you want to. There are also some seals for him available in the wilds of the internet that people have used. Try a Google search and see what comes up. There might be something that catches your attention.

4 Likes

You could also use his name in hieroglyphs, works just fine.

I’m not sure though If Anubis could really help you with what you’re searching for, probably you would like to check another Spirit.

3 Likes

There are so many threads on Anubis, I dont understand, he was a witness and stays the god of ceremonial burial and mummification. How is it that so many seek him for knowledge of different things. Is it really Anubis people are contacting or wanting to contact, if the entity they get has all these other gifts- How does that work ?

Gods might be known for some of their “specialties” but that doesn’t mean they’re limited only there. Same as the Goetians, they’re more than what the books say. Of course you can always contact them about other things as well and they might try to help you, but not as efficiently as you’re expecting.
But knowing Anubis for a long time, I’m certain he can’t help (efficiently) with medicine and youtube. I’m not sure what the OP means by “general knowledge”, Anubis can give you knowledge but on certain things.

3 Likes

IME Anubis is such a good boi he tries to be everyone’s bestie, especially when they die brutally. He’s like that overly affectionate puppy that gets memed all the time for being so excited to see the person, but his love is born out of pity.

He’s always been a mope!

Thanks.
This is strange to me.
I realise we want to know and be one with the gods but I innately view them as …gods. gods who hold specific positions and purpose. I like the tradition and culture of respect for the gods and where they sit. I find the stories of peoples relationships with them quite interesting, some of them funny. Some I wonder if it is truly the god they’re hearing or something else.

1 Like

That’s not true from my experience.

But they do.
These are just the aspects they’re well known.
It’s like people know you for a couple attributes that are your strongest ones. That doesn’t mean you don’t have more attributes you’re good at or that you don’t have any knowledge about anything else. But people have to get to know you to see all your aspects. It’s the same with Spirits.

2 Likes

That’s a good response , thank you.

1 Like

sorry , but what do you mean by that???!!!

He is a force in the form of a God and as most (if not all) Gods he doesn’t have a sigil.

1 Like

Everybody has a sigil! You just have to ask them. People make the mistake of using other people’s sigils to talk to somebody, but a sigil is representative of your personal connection.

By no means is there ‘no’ sigil for the good boi! Ask him to show it to you, and maybe put a few bones or dirt around it so you keep the line open. :slight_smile:

1 Like

He’s a beginner, you think if he could ask him he would open a topic here asking for help? :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Anyone can ask anyone anything! All that’s necessary is to talk to it aloud, what some call prayer, and be mentally still enough to observe the possible kinds of responses that happen.

The only real limitation is how you understand the response!

People always think talking is how everybody communicates, but feelings, dreams, connected events and so forth are all information-containing messages! You just have to be open to how other lives talk. :slight_smile:

Yea ok, let him use for now one of the other ways to contact the God he wants, and once he’s able to open up and understand the messages he will… Not everyone can ask anyone anything and get a response they can grasp, if that was the case we wouldn’t have all these posts asking if the X Spirit heard them and so on… And if you could do it from your crib, that’s great, but not all can. You’re just confusing him with your responses.

Ah, but is it better to let them trod the beaten path till they get bored and stop trying?

I find honesty to be the best help for people that are confused about communication. It’s not as simple as ‘you’re not open to the right message’, because it requires a lot of trust in yourself and careful, attentive observation to see what’s a connection and what isn’t.

Sometimes they just talk to you. But sometimes their talk is events, and sometimes it’s feelings, and sometimes it’s a pattern you have to decode.

Sticking to your guns is a sure way to lose them IME! :slight_smile:

If they get bored so easily, then they shouldn’t even try this path, nothing will be served to them on a plate and they won’t ascent tomorrow. If there’s an easier way to do it, we will all advice them to follow the easier way as we have done in the past, but for some things there isn’t a short path. Call the Gods with the traditional way, work on your senses, meditate, stick to the path and eventually you will get it easier.
Feel free to advice newbies to ask the Gods for a sigil, see them leaving because they get 0 messages.

Sometimes tradition works, and sometimes it doesn’t. How will you know what works for you if you don’t try it all?

The only real limit I’ve met is effort, but that doesn’t mean you should work harder instead of smarter. It means always give it your all! The more you do that, the more your effort is good for. :slight_smile:

believe me, i can read. I was looking for a bit more elaboration.

If by that you mean the connections to what is modernly viewed as a sigil for evocation it is mostly cause that is part of more modern practices. Gods and goddess have symbols that can connect you too them in ritual.

This is why if you look into various tradtions going back to times before the tool of monotheism had started being used to get people under one spiritual umbrella you will often find specific rituals using specific things as symbols sometimes in specific directions to a god or goddess that correspond either to the nature that force or to the elemental and planetary aspects of how that force wants to work specifically with you.

If you are looking for the ancient counterparts to what we know as sigils look into the various mandalas across cultures.