Angelic magick works for me, demonic magick never does. Any idea why?

Many thanks for your reply!
I am definitely attuned to the Judaeo-Christian framework, including the Kabbalah, and I so enjoy a church-like vibe with moderation and sobriety. However, this has never prevented me from other kinds of work. Before turning to Solomonic magick I had a strong inclination towards the Greco-Roman pantheon, and definitely had some success with it.
Moreover, I did manage to establish some form of contact with goetic spirits in the past, and perceived no discomfort or limitation on their part. Like I said, I guess I am simply more attuned to the symbolism and approaches of the Shem Ha Mephorash.

1 Like

In my experience they definitely can! There have been times when I called on them for insight or inspiration, and the results were essentially instantaneous. Other, material requests were granted within a week or little more. I would say it depends on the object of your petition, as it may require more elements and circumstances to align and so more time.

1 Like

You’re probably positively polarized as opposed to negatively polarized.

2 Likes

[Apologies for the multiple reposts, I had some trouble editing]

Thank you so much for your reply, @Norski ! One of my all-time favourite explanations of goetic work is a reply of yours to another topic on this forum, so am I very excited to receive your input! I am referring to this absolute gem (which I also quoted in a previous post of mine):

I am not sure if you still maintain this view of demons. Still, I don’t think your reply to this post of mine conflicts with it, on the contrary.

As always, I sincerely appreciate your insight, and find it very thought-provoking.
Comparing angels to EMS is very fitting: in my experience, they respond very readily and warmly to sincerity and, most crucially, urgency, especially when the call is made with strong emotion and abandon. This is not unheard of, on the contrary. Still, it is a very striking thing to experience.

they respond though in some really weird ways most the time

I am extremely curious about this point!
One of the most compelling aspects of angelic magick for me is that the presence and identity of the angels is usually very clear and distinct. In my experience, each of them has their “signature” impression, e.g. of warmth, of fierceness, of “solemn aloofness”. This was extremely novel and baffling to me: I had some experience of “perception” and/or “intuition” from divination, but it had never been this much explicit or distinct.

They can take a long time to finish their work as well.

They can. In my experience, this is especially true if I ask for something that is not aligned with my highest good, which is the ultimate goal of all my magickal workings, whether explicitly or implicitly. Perhaps another reason is that I need to change significantly in order to be able to welcome the object of my petition, or that it would only come as a result of a long process far from completion. Otherwise, a more important petition does not seem to require a longer wait, at least in my experience.

However, like I said in another reply in this topic, I also experienced surprisingly fast or even instantaneous results, especially when I asked for insight or answers. Once again, this was utilising the method presented by Damon Brand in 72 Angels of Magick, I cannot speak for other methods.

Your final point is also extremely intriguing, but I am afraid I will need some clarifications:

They can take a long time to finish their work as well. Rushing interrupts things and sets it back further.

Perhaps I am overanalysing your reply, but it’s worth laying out my doubts.

On the one hand, and this is the interpretation I find less likely, I read your sentence as follows: “angels can take a long time to deliver, and this is because some results require time and cannot be rushed”.
This sounds almost like a truism, but it’s a valid point.

On the other hand, what I believe you are claiming here is: “angels can take a long time to deliver; if we try and force their hand by urging them to act quicker, we only end up slowing things down”.
If this is correct, I am not entirely sure I agree, at least based on my experiences: I am not entirely sure we can rush things at all. Sure, we can make an urgent petition, we can express a clear deadline or timescale in our petition. I did this in some cases, and I believe the results fulfilled these conditions too. However, I am not sure the angels are constrained by this kind of consideration, at least not if other criteria apply.

It is likely that I am heavily influenced by the fact that, except in circumstances of immediate danger or hardship, I always place other considerations over urgency. Earlier I said that, in my magickal practice, I place my highest good above all else. This has led to at least one very important petition not being fulfilled, and to me realising that it was not in my best interest. Other times, I was profoundly surprised by the ways in which the results manifested, or by the fact the results were infinitely better than what I thought I wanted or needed.
As a result of this, I am prone to giving more credit to the angels, and to believe they operate with profound intelligence or wisdom. If something is needed urgently, if the rush is crucial and/ or aligns with other considerations such as our own good, then they will rush anyway. They will rush if the results requires them to, not if we ask them to.

Thank you very much for your reply, it has been an amazing opportunity for reflection! Apologies for the very long reply, knowing the extent of your experience and insight I spent quite a bit of time unpacking your very thought-provoking remarks. Thank you!

4 Likes

Please can angels be invoked in revenge? My nephew was bullied and abused by three siblings . It is too painful to imagine. Can an angel help me?

Yes. There is a book by Gordon Winterfield called Angels of Wrath that is all about that.

3 Likes