Akatosh dragon of time (ESO Lore)

Haha, I was actually thinking about whether or not someone’s working with TES deities. Once my pact ends, I’ll try evoking Akatosh or Hermaeus Mora.

3 Likes

I’d like to work with Herma-Mora too, my kind of deity and realm too xD

3 Likes

He’s a spooky one, isn’t he? His realm too.

To be honest, there are a lot of similarities between TES deities and actual, historical Gods. So it should work. I mean, if you can evoke fictional deities such as Lovecraftian ones, I don’t see why you wouldn’t be able to evoke TES deities, who have a detailed story behind them.

If you look at Akatosh, you can deduce that it can be a face of Cronus.

If you look at Mehrunes Dagon, you can deduce that it’s an aspect of Abaddon.

Etc.

2 Likes

Yes, I agree there are some aspects that are quite similar that’s why enjoy this franchise~ I believe Mephala, Mehrunes, Mora, Akatosh and even Alduin could be useful allies to evoke and by that I mean the real “aspects” of them.

2 Likes

Would be interesting to work with them, no doubt. Especially Alduin. Lol, can you imagine cursing someone by sending Alduin after them? That’d be hilarious. Especially if they were a Skyrim fan!

2 Likes

I’d imagine Alduin would be like a parasitic dragon force that destroys things when you are near completing them or shortly after and feeding on your life force like a vamp xD. Zu’u Alduin!!!

2 Likes

To me Alduin is more like a one punch of destruction type of dragon, rather than someone who kills you slowly. Do you remember Helgen?

No one does either.

3 Likes

I’ve done that

2 Likes

He’s more of a dragon of death and devouring imo

2 Likes

Shegorath and Hermaeus Mora are interesting to work with. I do recommend Alot of regular grounding after exposure to their energies though. I’d have moments where it seemed like pieces of reality would twist and bend from my perspective if i forgot to after having conversations with them for prolonged periods of time. Was interesting but can be a hazard when your trying to cook x.x

5 Likes

Ah, my bad. Thanks for the correction. I’ll most likely work with Alduin in the future - for Baneful purposes, of course!

@Dinmiatus. can you tell me more about your experience with Hermaeus Mora? How are they like? (I’m using they because Hermaeus Mora has no gender).

1 Like

I am interested in Hermaeus Mora too, I’d love to hear more about your experience.

2 Likes

I was going to write something along those lines. But you where quicker then me​:ok_man::grin:

3 Likes

So to save time and missing info with my currently scrambled brain( just finished with work for the day) here is what i have said regarding this in other threads

i posted about some of my experiences with both Shegorath and Hermaeus Mora
in the thread below

as well a piece of my perspective regarding the efficacy of gathering practical information from entities regardless of source

Now as to what i specifically learned while working with Hermaeus Mora. I was after new ways and methods to better work with different energies and that is what Hermaeus showed me how to do. As a result of the concepts and methods that were explained and demonstrated the way in which i use energies in ritual was simplified and amplified through that simplification

Shegorath and Hermaeus Mora energies had a disorienting effect to say the least as their energy to me at least has similar effects as cthulhu, nyarlathotep in that just being in their presence has the effect of slowly expanding your perception of reality the longer you are exposed to it and the effects can take a few hours to dissipate on their own if not grounded. At least this was what happened with me.

It is also why part of my grounding process includes a martial workout to both ground the energies raised within the body and to ground it in the earth and symbolically in my reality.

Until recently evocation wasn’t in my line of sight as it were of practices, this has changed as i continue working from black magic of ahriman.

Most contact i have had with spirits has result in me finding ways to preform my magic with the aim of manifesting the results myself similar methods EA has written in near the end of the BoA and Kurtis has talked about in one of the threads in his section, instead of asking for an entity to manifest my desire, whether it was one of alchemical change in self or a change in my life.

2 Likes

Forgot to mention , although i did not formaly evoke the spirits in ritual the same observances regarding influences they have on you still seems to apply. Where just as a people will unconsciously take on traits of people they surround themselves with. This seems to still apply when working with spirits in and out of ritual. For the months i was working with Shegorath and Hermaeus Mora my personality would shift between periods of emotional flatline coupled with the near objective observation perspective that entails, and periods of manic energy spikes( mental, emotional and physical)

Thus is the combined effects of being around entities known for fate,knowledge, magjc, art and madness

2 Likes

You could also look into Akatasha, demon of corruption, the name is similar and sometimes spirits do that, reach out with a closely linked name or image - I kept hearing “Lemony Snicket” when Mepsitahl was trying to contact me, I didn’t know her name at first and it was as close as my inner vocabulary could get.

Akatasha is very helpful and an excellent mentor for self-improvement and increasing power.

2 Likes

What tradition is she from? If I may ask?

1 Like

Ahriman, he’s mentioned in Gates of Dozak by Ford as “the demon of corruption, who tempts with power. This spirit is one which perverts or awakens the Yatus to his or her possibility. Akatasha appears as an ancient looking csoceror, often in dark green robes abnd the head covered in a hood. His method is entering the home of the Yatus and to dwell within and near the soceror. Your thoughts muvst be focused on growing in your personal spiritual and mental power.”

It goes on a bit, he’s basically ace, I highly recommend that book even if you don’t pathwork it as given, for the seals, gates, and so on.

Oh and this states, and my exp confirms, you need dead matter of some kind in your home, some discarded hair from a comb in the corners will suffice, he manifests near where i keep my own hairbrush and is one of the spirits to manifest without my asking in 2014 when I was working with Ahriman.

You can get historical references by searching Akatasha Ahriman Persian or Avesta and terms like that, here’s a brief reference: Persian Angels and Demons | Iranian.com

4 Likes

He seems to (by desc at least) that the purpose of the close dwelling is to form a link with the Sorceror’s energies and make a link so everything will flow before his eyes thus making it possible to see the most probable outcome of the sorcerors actions and then give the appropriate instructions on how you can rise to power by correcting your own mistakes. Fairly interesting. Thanks for the info as always My Lady.

2 Likes

Awesome man! I had similar thoughts too concerning Herma-Mora. He gives the “Lovecraftian” feeling that I got from reading the novels and working with the Old Ones. In a sense that’s how he is supposed to be according to the game along with his realm and servants. I’d like very much to see If I yield any results trying to go to the “concept” of the Apocrypha through a trip via the Shamanic Journey method. Excellent! Thank you for your sharing.

2 Likes