Akatosh dragon of time (ESO Lore)

Was doing some astral travel today and kept getting attributes of Akatosh popping up. I don’t believe Akatosh from the ESO series is reaching out to me but I do believe an entity is but is using this form to represent itself. Any thoughts on this?
@Sheogorath

5 Likes

Why don’t you think it’s akatosh?

2 Likes

I can’t give too much context. Basically… someone needs help contacting an entity. Based on past evocations they have a set amount of information to work with. Adding up the information we know I don’t believe it can be Akatosh. It is a possibility. The entity could be a reflection of Akatosh perhaps. I’m not sure. What do you think?

1 Like

Cronus? Look into time deities

2 Likes

I’d like to share some info0 with you if that is acceptable. I am a big fan of TES and Skyrim and from much research, in the dev field I found out that the game is indeed designed based on true lore and mythology around the world. In short, the lore of TES in not entirely made up. The deity referred to as “Akatosh” the father of Dragons and the Dragon of Time is closely based and drawn upon by the oldest myth, that of Tiamat. I t is believed that the Primordial Dragons have no concept of time and as such they either rule the “flow” of the concept of “time” or they are not affected by it. It makes sense to me when someone is a magician and has grasped what the deity Akatosh “Is” through the game he can actually contact the “real Akatosh” or a concept of him in his true draconic essence and learn many from him. As a practitioner of the occult arts and my close relationship with some draconic forces and spirits, I can clearly see that the following is a clear “calling” from those currents and forces during your astral travels or any other magical activity that can connect spirits and humans. I’d say go with the flow and see where it leads you. I am sure that it’s going to be a wonderful experience.

7 Likes

It’s funny you mentioned tiamat. I thought that as well. I dismissed the thought because it didn’t add up. This makes more sense now that I think of it. I was so close minded and thought The path was static.

2 Likes

Yeah I know at first I thought that too but after some careful examination of the lore and experiences in general (Dragonic ones), it made sense to me that Tiamat care less about time cause for them time is malleable rather than something fixed. My Fotamecus (Chaos Magic Time Servitor) experience taught me that the concept of Time is just a matter of perspective, at least for me.

2 Likes

Fascinating. Could you explain this more in depth?

2 Likes

Yes, ofc but to make it easier tell me what points you want me to elaborate further. E.g: Time concepts, Dragonic forces, Hidden aspects of dragons, Time in relation with dragon (from what I know so far), methods of contact etc.

3 Likes

Time in relation with dragon, time concepts, and hidden aspects. What reminds me of this is for example say there is a new born baby who is one minute old. 30 seconds would be half of his life time. You know what I mean?

2 Likes

Yeah, I kinda get it. Ok, let me keep this simple and clean. Dragons are a fierce race of spirits. So the Dragonic current. Dragons are Ancient because their concept of time is almost non-existent. Dragons choose to live in a sphere of reality without the shackles of time. That’s why Tiamat was able to have so many offspring in such a short amount of time. Next thing is that Dragons perceive everything in relation to energy and vibrations. Time is also bound in our world by Physics. Now, what physics are? The art and science of explaining the natural phenomena that occur in our World and Planet, yes? Now we can safely assume and certainly say that energy is the result of a reaction through an action. Time is a concept that exists in our minds for several thousands of years. So to a Dragon, the time is all about energy and vibration through their own mind. Thus for them, time is just another form of energy that they can choose to ignore. Now time rules everything in humanity. So Dragons arose and learned how to manipulate the energy like any other form thus making them masters and invulnerable to it. For us, humans are a little bit difficult because years of cultivation to that mindset made us vulnerable to it and nigh improbable to escape its clutches. I know it sounds plain and scientific but that’s how they explained it to me too. In short, they said: “You have to change your observation point and perspective. I will not make you a Master time mage but you will be able to change things when matter the most even if it is for a second, cause a second could be an Eternity…”

2 Likes

Haha, I was actually thinking about whether or not someone’s working with TES deities. Once my pact ends, I’ll try evoking Akatosh or Hermaeus Mora.

3 Likes

I’d like to work with Herma-Mora too, my kind of deity and realm too xD

3 Likes

He’s a spooky one, isn’t he? His realm too.

To be honest, there are a lot of similarities between TES deities and actual, historical Gods. So it should work. I mean, if you can evoke fictional deities such as Lovecraftian ones, I don’t see why you wouldn’t be able to evoke TES deities, who have a detailed story behind them.

If you look at Akatosh, you can deduce that it can be a face of Cronus.

If you look at Mehrunes Dagon, you can deduce that it’s an aspect of Abaddon.

Etc.

2 Likes

Yes, I agree there are some aspects that are quite similar that’s why enjoy this franchise~ I believe Mephala, Mehrunes, Mora, Akatosh and even Alduin could be useful allies to evoke and by that I mean the real “aspects” of them.

2 Likes

Would be interesting to work with them, no doubt. Especially Alduin. Lol, can you imagine cursing someone by sending Alduin after them? That’d be hilarious. Especially if they were a Skyrim fan!

2 Likes

I’d imagine Alduin would be like a parasitic dragon force that destroys things when you are near completing them or shortly after and feeding on your life force like a vamp xD. Zu’u Alduin!!!

2 Likes

To me Alduin is more like a one punch of destruction type of dragon, rather than someone who kills you slowly. Do you remember Helgen?

No one does either.

3 Likes

I’ve done that

2 Likes

He’s more of a dragon of death and devouring imo

2 Likes