So far, I’ve created two Servitors. They worked absolutely perfectly. I’ve used each Servitor only once. Once for a job four years ago. In less than 24 hours, I got a job I hadn’t even applied for, with all the criteria I’d set beforehand. I used the other one to secure the apartment I wanted.
Now I’d like to create a Servitor who acts as an assistant on a daily basis.
However, I’m not sure if this will work out the way I imagine it will. The information on this is clear, but I just can’t seem to make sense of it anymore.
I want my Servitor to be someone who helps me massively expand my psychic and mediumistic abilities.
Of course, I already have a foundation that I train regularly. But let’s put it this way: I want to push it to the limit and, if possible, get the most out of my servitor in the process.
I want my servitor’s support in all aspects of this—both in developing my abilities and in stabilizing them, as well as with focus, clarity, intensity, etc., which are all part of it.
I hope I’ve described what I mean clearly enough. If anything is unclear, I’d appreciate your feedback.
Of course, I want this Servitor to be successful, so I’d also like to make the necessary preparations for this.
What would you advise me to do?
I’ve been wondering if it might make more sense to start small at first. To begin with simpler skills, so to speak, and work with him to develop his abilities further. That would, of course, be a more natural process—at least in my view.
I just can’t quite wrap my head around spending what feels like half an hour just listing his abilities when creating the servitor.
I feel pretty clumsy about it right now.
Another question. I read in a book that you can use parts of your body as a house for your servitors. Who has experience with this? How much of a hindrance is it for energy work if, for example, the servitor were to “reside” in the little finger and you were working with healing techniques? Could this create an energetic blockage? If i cleaned the blockage, i destroy his house? Or should one simply program it so that it doesn’t disrupt one’s own energetic structure, and consider the “residence” more of a mental construct without any energetic impact on the energy bodies?
Thank you very much for reading this far. I’m curious to hear your feedback, advice, assistance, ideas, etc.
You should define the intent of the servitor. As far as I’ve researched, it’s best that you give a servitor a “what”, not a “how”.
You do not need to program 50 small skills, instead, it would be better to provide it one clear statement. like, “You exist to catch, incinerate, and ward off astral parasites”.
I don’t think you should list down each and every capability of it, instead, I would recommend you program it as an entity that evolves.
Yea, it’s possible, but I’d say to avoid using a body part as it’s vessel. According to one forum member, he said that if a servitor that’s inside the host’s body runs out of energy, it starts feeding on the surroundings, which has lead to physical inflammation and fatigue.(This is according to what I know, it’s always best for you to do your own research).
I’ll say you use a piece of jewellery or a gemstone (lapis lazuli, maybe) as a vessel for it.
Damon Brand literally says the opposite. It depends if you think you know how best a servitor would accomplish a given task, in which case you should state what powers it has, or if you don’t have a clear picture it would be better in that case not to define anything and give it more freedom in how to approach it.
Servitors already grow and evolve so i’m not sure that this is necessary.
Again Damon Brand says literally the opposite, he recommends it over physical objects and mentions servitors be hosted in bones or muscles or flesh or nails rather than organs or the chakra pathway. Personally i’m using physical objects regardless since I don’t like the idea of being inhabited but that’s just my own opinion, one is not necessarily better than the other.
No. It feeds from what you state is its source of energy, it can be sexual, telluric, attention, gratitude, blood, offerings, and so on. If it isn’t programmed to feed on other energies and only one it does not receive it simply dies off, that’s all. If you don’t program it to feed on your ‘body’ (which would be idiotic as I see it considering there are many other better options) it won’t.
Or you can use literally any object you want as long as there isn’t any symbols on it or deep meaning (i.e a xtian cross etc) as it would be more difficult for the servitor to settle in. I’m using marbles.
I only advised based on what I read. This is what I read, and according to this person, he says it’s “strange” how Damon Brand says it’s safe to let a servitor reside in the host’s body and argues that it is not safe at all to let a servitor reside in one’s body.
This thread shows how not “coding” an entity properly can be nasty.
Nay, I have no intentions or desires to own/create a servitor.
This thread is about succubi, not servitors. The given message was an example of a specific case-scenario to compare it with succubi. Succubi are not servitors.
Then, respectfully, I don’t think you would be suited to provide advice about servitors based solely on hearsay rather than personal experience.
He shares his opinion based on hearsay from what others wrote about it.
(From the same thread)
This is again here hearsay he shares, not personal experience. I wouldn’t really blindly trust someone who gives hearsay himself, even less so from someone with so little activity on BALG.
Magic is practiced, not theorized from what some people with limited experience report, I would rather trust Damon Brand which has decades of experience with servitors than a random post who merely states ‘while others say’.
I, personally, don’t tie servitors to any physical object, wheter it be internal or external to myself. I just let them inhabit my aura, or field. Their tether to the physical is me myself and they simply manifest around me continuously, using the paths that connect my astral to my physical. I suppose that tethering them to your body is fine as long as, as been stated by Recluse above, it doesn’t interfere with your subtle bodies.
But even this isn’t as black and white as it could seem. I do, for one, have a servitor that is meant specifically for interacting with (specifically healing, maintaining and strengthening) my subtle bodies and I have not seen any issues arising from that. On the contrary, I’ve been feeling as if my spiritual health has been improving since I’ve established this servitor.
I think this calls for a long and arduous enumeration. I have recently established a somewhat similiar servitor, although much more externally oriented. Each programming session takes me about 1,5h and a lot of energy expenditure, but there are also shortcuts.
It’s good to give concrete terms to the goals and results you want to achieve and setting these in multiplicity and on not-so-large scale is a good starting point. But there is one shortcut that I’ve discovered, which helps servitors’ capacities. I add it to all servitors I make now and I updated the ones that didn’t have it, namely, I include the statement, or a series of statements along the lines of You are an utmost expert at X, or You are unerringly competent at X, You acutely understand X in their programming, relating to the area of expertise that the servitor is to act within. This might give you a nice middle ground, while complementing the servitors power.
You can also mix and match the explicit means of achieving your goals with more implicit competency. This way you can start with enumerating a large set of goals and results you might want to get, wheter they be big or small, leaving the means to the servitor, and because you programmed them to be experts, you can feel confident and secure in their abilities. Then, as you develop a better grasp on what means you want them to take, you can update them to take that specific path to your goals. The two don’t conflict at all, on the contrary, they complement each other and as you make the abilities of your “expert” servitor more explicit, they might feel even more competent and feel that they are fulfilling your designs exactly.
A small aside on the energy sources, since it came up: It is definitely true that servitor’s power source should be explicitely stated. That said, however, it doesn’t need to be your energy at all, or any physical offering. I tend to program my servitors to feed off elemental energies, planetary energies, emotions and thoughts of others, especially directed at me, in case of wards. For my wards I also programmed them to feed of parasite corpses. But you can go even more impersonal and, as I did inspired by some statements from Mulberry, program your servitor to feed of astral energy. In my experience this is the best power source for servitors as it is endless and, from what I’ve gleaned so much, inherently purifying for the servitor. Solar and earth energies are similiarly abundant and easy to access.
As to servitor starvation - I have not experienced this myself, as all my servitors are well, but from what I’ve read on this forum, there is such a phenomenon as servitors going rogue from starvation and starting to act in desperation to sustain themselves. The disappearing phenomenon, as far as I understand, is more tied to the fading of the mage’s mental impression of the servitor, essentially dematerialising them. It’s better to have an explicit killswitch for a servitor than relying on such means and it also serves as an insurance in case of the going rogue scenario. I do this as a mix of a specific phrase combined with the intention to destroy the servitor.
What I can tell in regards to this, is that if you want a servitor that is in contact with you continuously, you should reach out to it continuously. A daily programming session for it, for the first days or weeks seems to me like a must. And after that, you should reach out to this servitor daily and will it to act on your behalf and in communication with you in accordance with it’s programming. This seems to me like the best way to create this conscious and communicative regular relationship.
You already know how to create servitors, and have experience with 2 that were successful.
You already practice your psychic skills regulalry
You’re planning a new servitor to
a) act as an assistant to help with psychic skills training on a daily basis.
b) help you expand your psychic and mediumship abilities
You said:
I just can’t quite wrap my head around spending what feels like half an hour just listing his abilities when creating the servitor.
…
I’ve been wondering if it might make more sense to start small at first. To begin with simpler skills, so to speak, and work with him to develop his abilities further. That would, of course, be a more natural process—at least in my view.
So, the issue is, you’re not sure if the approach you used to create the others is sufficient? And the reason for that is because the programming is much more complex?
I have a complex servitor and that’s exactly what I did - both - I spent an hour building it to start with, visualizing it in first high level and then low-level detail for each aspect, and then every time I call it, I checked it’s “stats”, looked for health issues with it, update or add to it, conform mission readiness, and then go and use it for the actual working.
I feel like if you drip-maintain it within your normal practice, just for a couple of minutes when you were going to summon the servitor anyway, it won’t feel like a huge chore. You summon it and nod to each other “ready?” “ready”, “ok let’s go”. If not ready, fix it right away.
I think this is normal to an extent as people are always updating servitors as they think of ways it could work better, and it could also evolves over time by itself so you are the one noticing updates not driving them. Maybe this happens more if you use the cosmos as the power source, not sure.
Something else you can do, is copy an existing free servitor (there’s many o this forum you can help yourself to) and then you’re not starting from scratch.