Actor Thanks Devil for Inspiration

Church of Satan Praises Christian Bale for Golden Globes Comment

Actor Christian Bale drew praise from the Church of Satan after thanking the devil for giving him inspiration to play the role of former vice president Dick Cheney.

Christian Bale wins for playing Dick Cheney in # Vice : “Thank you to Satan for giving me inspiration for playing this role” http://bit.ly/2AuyRy7 # GoldenGlobes

“To us, Satan is a symbol of pride, liberty and individualism, and it serves as an external metaphorical projection of our highest personal potential. As Mr. Bale’s own talent and skill won him the award, this is fitting. Hail Christian! Hail Satan!” –
The Church Of Satan :heavy_check_mark: @ChurchofSatan

13 Likes

He is quite Welcome :metal::joy::smiling_imp:

3 Likes

Probably the first time those words have been been put next to each other like that lol

2 Likes

I thought he was being sarcastic. Making the point that Cheney was evil. Not in a good way, and only disingenuously thanking ‘Satan’.

7 Likes

Church of Satan seems to only care about publicity and celebrity gossip :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

3 Likes

I bet it’s daddy issues.

I think it’s both (entendre). Celebrities toe the line a lot with their double speak; but there has to be some truth to the stuff they say, or they risk going crazy from living their super secret lives and not being able to fully express themselves.

Exactly

If I win a mega lottery, I’ll be sure to thank the appropriate entity publicly. It’ll probably draw the ire from those like Bill Bean or Larson and such though esp if I confess that I invoked them to find the numbers to win. (doesn’t seem to work like that for most but who knows…) At the very least some people might try it on their own hearing that in public and chuck some shackles they’re carrying.