Accidental invocations while studying

I was reading through one of Asenath Masons books on Qliphoth yesterday, not even with the intention of practicing anything, but just to gain some insight into some mental health issues i struggle with in relation to unprepaird delvings into the qlippoth. I ended up getting kinda sucked into the invocations to lilith and samael, as well as one to nahemoth, and almost immediately afterwards it was like (no pun intended) all hell broke loose inside of me and i couldnt thibk straight, i got anxiety about my studies and deleted the notes i just took down, and experienced an overall rush of a lot of things all at once. Is there a way to keep this from happening? Aside from like maybe throwing up a shield and probably developing better focus and paychological control?

1 Like

Sounds like you need to take a break.

Magick can make mental conditions worse, and reading about the Qlipphoth knowing it can suck you into an unstable state really isn’t helpful. Use a different paradigm to learn about your psyche, there are many and you don’t need to the Qlipphoth if it’s doing more upset than healing.

4 Likes