A question regarding self and destiny

Suppose you get in contact with your astral guide, holy guardian angel, spirit animal, or whatever. And they tell you something about who you truly are, and what you’re put on this earth to do. However, you want to be or do something else. Is that a problem?

This is a question that has plagued me for years. Are you able to become something other than what or who you are, or do something other than what some spiritual authority tells you? I like to use the analogy of the cat vs the mouse. “Would you tell the mouse that is their job to be eaten by the cat, to sacrifice themselves to maintain the cat’s wellbeing?” This is the way I communicate the issue regarding fate and destiny being apathetic, even possibly predatory, towards people.

I’m not sure if I’m making any sense.

1 Like

We have free will for a reason. Maybe the thing you’re here to do, is find your own way, by doing what you want?

Personally, I don’t hold with the concept of “life missions” and “life purposes”. I don’t believe in “fate” whatsoever. You can’t have free will and fate/destiny both, and I think free will is a thing, thus fate… is not a real thing.

I don’t believe in karma either. I’ve rambled on here about that before. Being within a stream of probability and being “fated” are not the same, the first makes sense, but can be magickally affected, the second is what denies free will. So “fate” cannot predate on anyone either. These things are used as excuses, but that’s all they are.

I think we are getting experience and learning about ourselves, and everything you do teaches you about yourself sooner or later. You can’t really go wrong.

1 Like

If you have made a genuine deep soul vows then you may well be obligated to that.

It will not be ambiguous or negotiable.

People who say they don’t believe in this, might not understand that its not a matter of choice.

But most people I’ve come across who say they have a calling, or purpose, don’t seem to either take it too seriously (which makes me doubt it), or have simply imagined something.