A post for Newbies

People that are new don’t know anything more often than not. The exceptions don’t invalidate the rule.

2 Likes

There are no rules. So there are no exceptions.

There’s a difference between knowledge and understanding. There are ‘experienced’ people here I don’t credit with a bean of real wisdom, and ‘newbies’ that are of the old blood that make a lot of sense because they’re natural witches. You have to take them as they come.

Case in point, @Kulina, you yourself are a ‘newbie’ having been here only 2 weeks. We only have your word for not being new. Do we read the words you write to agree with that - probably. You have to read the words and judge them on the merit of the content.

Never assume. Read and think.

3 Likes

Im just saying that a newbie isnt really geared to teach experienced magic to newbies and experienced alike. Yes, a newbie can impart shared experiences and new tricks.
But if Im going to seek out methods and such, its going to likely be from old souls or learned practitioners. Not the person who just did their first evocation a week ago and thinks suddenly they know ALL about the god Ive evoked for many moons and built a relationship with and actually know.

2 Likes

Me being a member for two weeks doesnt make me new to magic…my profile as much states that, along with my background and experience. And…Im a returning member. So theres that.
I can also easily tell one who is experienced versus one who is making a complete arse of themselves with bullshit…and Im not the only one who can perceive such.

1 Like

When I refer to a person as a newbie…Im NOT speaking about forum membership.

1 Like

When I refer to a person as a newbie…Im NOT speaking about forum membership.

In this case the term newbie isn’t that helpful. It’s a self-identified term that may or may not be accurate. Experienced people here humbly call themselves newbies. Middling-experience people arrogantly call themselves experienced, and it’s all ‘how long is a piece of string?’.

There’s no way to tell if a person is just claiming experience or has it except the content of the posts they make, and whether you agree with them and they make sense to you, that’s the point.

Is it possible to notice from a first post if someone is inexperienced? Sure. Personally, I read first and pay attention, not make sweeping assumptions that a ‘newbie’ should not be listened to, because that would close doors and limit my learning, and I don’t like that

2 Likes

One of the first things I learned in magic was will, silence, concentration and patience. I would tell anyone to use those principles.

1 Like

Also, my membership duration, nor others is what this post is about.

Well…theres no rules. No hard and fast rules that say it must only mean membership. So the term is flexible.

So…see quote. THAT is what we are referring to. And it was that, that we had an issue with when seeing what OP said in the first post.

Well hello everyone, sorry to but in in the middle of a seemingly ongoing debate.
New to the balg forums albeit I’ve been deeply interested in magick and the occult for a long time now. As someone who’s done more reading than practice what kind of suggestions could be made?
Recommended literature?
Which spirits/entities/daimons would be safer to work with as a beginner?

The post is / was about someone new on the forum who claimed to be new to Magic, then claimed to be 20 years older than he was and very experienced. He then tried PMing new and younger members to create a cult like following and clique.

The issue with that was they then pressured others to do darker and more advanced magic than they had knowledge or ability for and created an abusive atmosphere when questioned about the inconsistencies.

There are some vulnerable newbies that are very young that just joined and they felt a need to do multiple evocations of quite advanced stuff to ‘fit in’ and not be abused.

I know he is banned now , but I do not want new members to feel

1. Like this forum is a competition
  2. Like they have to lie to impress someone who is dominating everything.
  3. Daily evocations involving numerous Demons is NOT the norm for someone on this path,despite him advising it is.
  4. Animal sacrifices and blood letting are not the ‘norm’ as he sold to other new youngsters on here,not for new to the path folks anyway and not compulsory to evoke.

I just worried as I was seeing people swallow this bullshit and think it was our norm.

It is idiots like him that would lead to teens accidentally killing themselves with razor blades for the blood they think they needed or killing the family Dog as they read it was needed on the BALG forum as a dedication to 'Lord Belail" you can’t have someone like that around here

9 Likes

I totally missed all that happening. I’ve only been quiet for a week as well, but not totally absent, but if it’s who I think it is I thought they were an armchair philosopher and was pretty much ignoring them. :confused:

I mean, their posts were inconsistent. Their first posts were honest about them only regurgitating things they’d read, and later posts claimed they’d done it, but the details dodn’t make sense, and they contradicted themselves. …Seconding Lady_Eva’s advise on paying attention to posting history.

It is idiots like him that would lead to teens accidentally killing themselves with razor blades for the blood they think they needed or killing the family Dog

I don’t know. For me, this is taking it too far. And I saw the posts where plenty of people chimed in with the opposing info and why, including me. It’s not like the bad info wasn’t balanced in-thread. I’m one of the worst for disagreeing with people all over the place, this gives me an example of why that’s ok, so that’s nice :).
I should mention, those specific examples are also amazingly hard to do - it takes techniques not consistent with ritual bloodletting and for the later someone who’s already messed up in the head. I think they’d be more likely to attract parasites and start having shitty lives until they fixed it, and became better occultists because of it.

So, this is all very lovely and nurturing I’m sure, but I would balance it by saying, people come here to learn. If you take away the lessons you do them a disservice too.

Maybe this banned person was bringing energy that someone needed, and they were banned after it was delivered. Can’t say, such things are possible. And while it’s one thing to kick off obvious parasites, I would be careful about policing of content for others ‘own good’. They’re black magicians and it’s not up to other practitioners to try to protect them, diminish them or take their power away.

This whole post is good learning that would not have come out otherwise, after all.

1 Like

I know you don’t know all of the stuff that has been going on.

And yes, he was having an influence on some vulnerable members.

It is over for me now. I made my point, it was also not all about posts, but private messages.

He is gone and I am going to enjoy my non Christian Christmas eve. :heart:

3 Likes

Hey. At least you didnt get a group who would be giving you sessions of “Mind Control with Jesus” version. Have a good Christmas Eve and stay warm

1 Like

Thanks Puddy cat.x You too. You are right lol.

Good post!! As a beginner practice mediation, Banishing, cleansing, protection, grounding and Awakening your senses before invocation /evocation.

Also if you rush with many Magick practices yoi could lose your mind, literally!!

4 Likes