A Necromantic Grimoire - What Would You Like To Read

I’m currently in the middle of writing my Necromantic Grimoire and have gone very deep into so far, I have loads to add into it. However I believe that as a author I want to cover the topics in this subject that you all would like to read too.

So tell me if you would want A Necromantic author to cover something what would it be ?.

9 Likes

“Demonic language” and servitor/egregore creation.

1 Like

In necromancy ?

Sure. Why not?

Necromancy is not my thing, but if you could also discuss the misconceptions about necromancy. In my opinion, going to cemeteries messing with strange dead spirits is like going to a crowd of strangers asking for help. You’re just asking for trouble.

Now, if you’re working within a structured system like Voodoo for example, where the Loa/Lua spirits actually serve as gateway and mediators between you and and the spirits, then that’s different.

2 Likes

How to incarnate another soul into your body

2 Likes

how to correctly get graveyard dirt. Is there a proper way of doing it? Do you have to offer something to the spirits?

2 Likes

I have always been drawn to necromancy, but come up against a wall understanding the worldview in modern systems. I’m currently deep diving into it as part of my work with Samael so I have to reconcile this somehow in the next couple of months, and I’m watching this topic with sincere interest.

My problem: necromancy puts a huge emphasis on the props and graveyards, but… there’s no death in a graveyard?
TL;DR - I’d love to read about a way to understand Necromancy from a modern western occultist non-xtian, non-voodoo cosmology.

I think I’ve figured out where I get stuck at least, and it’s in the difference I see between destruction, decomposition and death, and in my cosmology of how the afterlife works. It goes like this…

• A Necromancer looks at a graveyard, and sees every grave with a shade, that you can call as if burying someone bound thier spirit to that grave. They happily go up to a grave and start calling the dead person as if they were sleeping there.
    It feels very… christian, to me. All those trapped souls in thier bones waiting for trumpets, or a necromancer to say something.

• Then, I look at a graveyard, and I see an empty field with some stones, some guardians, some parasites and some fae, some mourners and keepers, maybe dogs on leashes and no ghosts or discarnate humans at all.
    The rotting bodies should be full of life as the cycle continues and they become food for worms and bacteria, but being embalmed or cremated maybe not.

You see, I believe in reincarnation. I think death is that transition between states. The spirits left thier bodies in hospitals, hospices, beds and car crashes… which is where you find their ghosts and echoes if there are any.
None of them died in the graveyard (freak accidents notwithstanding), so there’s no reason for the spirits to be there.

And then the question of “death energy”. A rotting corpse doesn’t have any death energy, it’s full of life - if it wasn’t embalmed - the life as decomposition destroys it to feed more life, billions of bacteria and insects, it’s a hive of activity, it even gets hot becauuse of it. If it did, there’s be more death energy in a supermarket than a graveyard.

The place I found death energy, is as that energy to lift the spirit out of both bodies and transition it to the new consciousness. I see it as being like the energy of change of state for ice to melt - take ice at 0 degrees, add latent heat and you get water, still at 0 degrees. Take an incarnate human, add death energy and you get a just-died human = ghost, add more death energy and you get a just-died ghost = discarnate entity.

So I’m stuck, and a graveyard is to me only about the living, a romantic nicety for the bereaved to feel better long after the death itself, which happened far away and had nothing to do with the grave.

So why does it work?

I have a few ideas:

1. The ghost is elsewhere, but can come due to a connection with the bones.
    Not all spirits become ghosts though.

2. The ‘shade’ being called is a thoughtform based on the memory of the deceased in the collective unconscious. Or the ‘shade’ is a plain impostor entity.

3. Some of the bodies could still have the qi body existing in the near astral. A theory of one form of haunting (Josephine McCarthy model) is that the qi body discarded after the 2nd death (if you follow that model) gets picked up by a parasite, like a hermit crab kinda, and it can pretend to be the dead person. It would come like a rocket to being called for obvious reasons.

4. If they are already reincarnated or in another life, and this then is no different than just evoking them as any other entity or thoughtform.
    In this case what’s the point of the grave business? An obituaries list would do fine.

As for the props: relics I get, like links for living targets; but the dirt, coffin nails, things that spirit never knew about or touched while alive, I don’t see why this isn’t just theater, and therefore more like the blinds and obfuscations in old grimoires - i.e. disposable.

Any ideas appreciated!
I’ve been asking myself for a year, what am I missing?

I don’t want to even try to lie to myself and pretend I believe the xtian afterlife/rapture bit, I can’t suspend disbelief when it misaligns so badly with the rest of what I’d be doing with the ex-humans.

4 Likes

I don’t know much about it, but I think my suggestion goes into this theme!

• Summon a dead and copy or learn skills he had.
  • Receive the powers of a dead person.
  • Ask a death person to tell you something about your life before you die, such as your killer (if applicable)
  • Tell your experiences with Necromancy.

(if it has nothing to do with necromancy, please disregard)

1 Like

In my experience, Biffrons can find you spirits of the dead to play with, you can use your own demons to make them do what you want

That’s not an issue. :slight_smile: I sat in my living room, performed the lesson from OAA where you call them from all around and it was filled with a hundred or so ghosts. I talked to them for an hour. One of them stabbed me, making my first teensy tiny real wound from a paranormal entity… I was well chuffed. I congratulated the dude for making the effort and rewarded him with conversation.

But I don’t know, that they came from graves. I don’t know why necromancy as insisted on with all the pomp and circumstance of sleeping in graves, digging them up for souvenirs, or feeling that there’s any value in graves at all is a thing.

There’s a graveyard opposite my house. On going there, there’s entities. The strongest are the guardians, but they’re not buried there, I don’t know what those even are. They shoo you out at night, but are quiet in the day. They do not like you taking stuff at all. The grave dirt I stole, by the way, is just dirt.
There’s no human ghosts, though I can feel the thought that they should be there sleeping. I don’t think they are.

So my issue is, why does it work? Is the answer that, it actually doesn’t, not for ME? Because I don’t have a xtian bone in my body, I can’t use this aspect lets say, of what’s basically a xtian system?

In which case… there’s more questions.

If I discard all the bells and whistles, all the paraphernalia and midnight trespassing, and can still work with ‘the dead’, what does that mean about necromancy? Is it like voodoo, a throwback to more primitive times where people couldn’t separate superstition from what actually worked? And thereby… made it work by the power of human intention, not because it represented an underlying reality?

2 Likes

I think that is much like what happened with Medieval magick and Renaissance magick. For example, the Abramelin working, Crowley even bought a house just to do that working, but later he did the process riding a pony in Indochina, or the Ars Goetia, which tells that one must do this and that and to have this and that, while one can talk to the demons just by tuning to them. I began immediatly working towards empty hands magick when I started, but my collegues still like and enjoy to do complex ceremonies, to go to graveyards, etc, even though they don’t need to, sometimes I enjoy reading tarot cards despite I have full K&C, however, there are people who think that doing those things that are “primitive” are necessary and that things won’t work unless they do them, or maybe those things are an step towards the empty hands magick, I don’t know. And about Christianity, I think that could be a problem, since it has happened to me with other stuff, for example, I enjoyed learning and practicing the Star Ruby, but I sucked at actually doing the ritual because I don’t like Chaldean stuff, so when the Chaldean “angels” were named, I summoned nothing

1 Like

Consciousness and energy is bound to the bones, yes. So here it may work…

All the more reason to have a more structured system like Voodoo to protect oneself from these spirits. How would you like to have a bunch of weird strangers in your house that you’ve just woken up from their rest?

You’d have a bunch of angry ass people, that’s what.

This seems to be phrased as if I was stating a problem when I wasn’t? - I called them on purpose. The ritual was highly successful.
And then I politely asked them to leave, they did, and never came back. No voodoo required.

I just disagree with is whole view. It reflects part of the christian based system I absolutely don’t believe in.
I don’t think ghosts sleep, and if they did they wouldn’t be asleep in the ground waiting for trumpets to call. They have shit to do.

They’re aware and awake, on Earth, where they shouldn’t actually be for various reasons, constantly looking for assistance, contact, company, energy… anything from the living.

These hundreds that I called - I didn’t demand or command, I asked, and they came willingly because they wanted to. It’s how I roll. They were eager to talk and made it clear they wanted to spend hours talking, getting comfort and help and helping me in return.

They were people, people in need, in a difficult situation, and I don’t actually care that they don’t have bodies as far as getting to know them goes.

2 Likes

A filter to get the right answers, to treasures losts, find money, and find missing persons or books

Death energy and in general the underworld maybe?

I found a way into this that works for me. A graveyard is a place that receives death, as perceived by the living.
As such, the field and land in that yard is charged by the funeral goers with the combined energy of memories and emotions connected to the deceased. They think the person is going into the ground, and what we think is magik, and so it is.

Is this going to be a Saturnian and the Black Cube based book? And how Saturn and the Gatekeepers are connected? How Time is death itself incarnate into this universe?

1 Like