A difference?

So what is the difference between a magician and a politican, who ends up power mad? If it is all about power, then what is the point?

2 Likes

I think a magician who is power mad ends up locking him/herself into the dark corner of their bedroom, reigning over their own imagination…

Politicians work in positions affecting the lives of the masses, exercising their powers openly over the whole world, but work in a slippery way that tricks the people into supporting them and their trickery, haha.

I think a politician who has played puppet long enough to operate from a higher position of power over more people would have to be a magician too, anyway.

2 Likes

I just thought that someone would “ascend” in a way that made them just another abusive asshole walking the streets.

I find it deeply important to ask questions like that about everything.

1 Like

I believe that while they might be power mad magicians, they don’t necessarily have to be working towards “Ascension”… I believe the work and ambition of a lot of magicians here on the forum transcends the endless cycle of political bullshit… as well as transcends the meaningless distractions of the material world and the illusions cast in front of our eyes. While we might desire things enough to work towards acquiring material objects through physical work or work of the magical kind, the goal is much brighter than that…

Politicians are puppets, even if they have power. They willfully enslave themselves, licking the boots of their masters, disrespecting and lying to the people in order to maintain their position, so are therefore unable to even comprehend the concept of ascension. They are forever doomed to exist below us.

You don’t necessarily become a good person by being a magician, and you don’t necessarily become a bad one by being a politician. The nazis worked with occultism very much before and during the 2nd world war. I think it is very important to not paint a brighter picture of someone or the opposite just because of a label. Some people are just interested in power for themselves and nothing else. Narcissists with one agenda: to please themselves.

1 Like

I definitely agree, 100%. I’m just saying that I believe “Ascension” or the state of being one who has ascended and/or reached their potential inhabits requires the magician to transcend, or exist above/outside of, the desires and the struggles of regular human beings such as power, war, racism, money, etc…

1 Like

So the conclusion could be something like: if you avoid narcissism you will also avoid any kind of addiction to the material world because narcissism is addiction. Power is an addiction. Those who would be best at handling having a lot of power, are those who do not want it, because they have risen above it. That is my view on this. Generosity of spirit always triumphs.

1 Like

Totally agree with you <3

1 Like

Alan Moore asked the, to some deeply provoking question at a conference I was at, if there is any difference between being a satanist and being a capitalist who just wants to use the resources in the world for themselves as if the world is just an amusement park / supermarket for happy consumers (*my words) and said that the world as it is now is very much a satanic place. Satanists sometimes seem to only believe in the material world. Some of them seem to change their mind though and start questioning the narcissism of just that.

This is of course just painting a picture with some broad strokes.

1 Like

I think there are a lot of people, who just pretends to believe and work with spirits to gain material wealth and nothing else just like Christian televangelists and the likes. There are con men and -women like that in all areas of life.

1 Like

Definitely one of the main reasons Satanism never completely appealed to me. I feel like it also attracts followers who are willfully ignorant hatemongers. Willfully ignorant to the point that they are ignorant of ignorance. As long as they’re loud and make sure everyone knows that they have a huge ego and are proud, then they can do no wrong…

In my opinion, Satanism just takes one part of the problem we face as a species and calls it something else. Being a Satanist and a complete asshole doesn’t excuse or explain the fact that you’re really just an asshole…

1 Like

I agree there as well… I rarely ask for anything material for myself from the spirits and deities I have worked with, unless I am in dire need… I honestly enjoy encountering these beings and energies, and working together, and understanding each other… that’s the most interesting part to me.

1 Like

Yes. It is a complex area which is why I wrote that I paint with broad strokes here. You also, sometimes, hear about people who starts out pretending and then experience something supernatural which makes them end up being genuine. That is an interesting development. Liberating yourself and avoiding greed in the process is very important, and this can only be done in an individual manner, I think.

1 Like

In a sense they are placing themselves in the position that they desire to be at, and by acting and speaking from that mentality they step fully into the role and the experience… It is a spell, a manifestation, itself. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes… It can be too easy to fall into greed. It anchors you and prevents your growth.

Yes. For me these days it is mostly about recovery and living quite peacefully. Going to look after a house for some days tomorrow. Living on a small island with two cats and three Indian runner ducks while writing poetry and making water colour sketches is just what I need now.

I would, in fact, say that my own spiritual life has a lot to do with being peaceful most of the time. Even to the point where some might say, that I am the wrong site then, but I am fascinated by other people’s spiritual life. It is dynamic to meet people very different from yourself.

1 Like

I am focused on healing and finding balance/center right now, as well. That sounds like a lovely place to exist right now. :slight_smile: I am also focusing on my creativity more and more as well…

You know, I believe all truth and knowledge points in the same direction, honestly. I believe Ascension is the goal of all spiritual paths, as well… There are many different ways to reach the same understanding.

I think a peaceful and spiritual person belongs here as much as anyone else does. We all strive to reach a point in our existence that transcends both chaos and peace, where we are present and centered in our most realized and potent version of ourselves.

1 Like

Okay. Peace. :evergreen_tree:

1 Like

Peace <3

1 Like

Haha, I just now realized who I’m talking to! I got thrown off by the new profile picture. It was a rad discussion.

1 Like