A difference?

That’s not a black and white one.

As much as I have to admit that most politicians do fit the profile of power hungry public/corporate sychophants, there are most likely some who are truly trying to serve their population segment.

Likewise, some magickians gain aptitude in magick for power of some kind, while others practice to achieve spiritual advancement or self knowledge (which go hand in hand).

It all comes back to the individual. Personally, magick is a tool, but I am not particularly power hungry. While I can have an improved ability to get the material things I need and want, I have way too much work to do on myself before I start trying for political levels of power, lol. That would NOT be a good thing at this time, lol.

4 Likes

There’s a huge difference between being powerful and being excellent. Anyone who doesn’t understand that needs to start over.

4 Likes

We need to be careful not to fall into the traps of either extreme. To demonize and deny power, will make us weak and unable to shape our lives in order to maximize our own happiness and the happiness of those we hold dear. But to fall into the trap of being without humility (and thus curiousity) will lead us into the trap that so many narcissistic world leaders and overly prideful people in general. Like everything, there are two extremes and to be at the pole of either side isn’t helpful. The cozy spot is somewhere in the middle. Many of our most rescpected spirits epitomize pride but usually have a sense of humility. For example, Lucifer fell from Heaven because of his pride but according to certain Theistic Satanists and Gnostic Satanists, he wanted to uplift mankind with the fruit in the Garden of Mankind rather than allow them to be slaves. Another example would be Odin. He took the initiative and seized power, creating Midgard and humans after slaying his relative Ymir and using his corpse to form matter and thus seized the throne of Asgard. Yet, he rarely is found in Asgard, as he dresses in rags and travels Midgard to learn and grow. He seized power where it can be found, yet, he acknowledges that he doesn’t know everything and is constantly learning and bettering himself through his travels.

1 Like