72 Challenge Redux: Angels AND Demons

This has given me ideas. Since I’m already calling up the goetics and binding the to my will, maybe I should have them unlock the aspects of myself that they are associated with, seeing as I have a lot of repressed shit that could use some airing out.

2 Likes

I say go for it.

I’m looking for some major internal changes so that’s why I’m attempting this again. I figure it is a four month operation due, in part, to the fact that I’m still searching for a new, permanent home without roommates.

Since you are already binding the spirits of the Goetia, I think you already have a leg up on the aspects, so to speak.

6 Likes

Very cool. I would like to do something of this nature in the future.

1 Like

Evocation of Angel #2 Yeliel (also spelled Ieliel)

I tried something different with this one. I relaxed and meditated a bit in my UC and then chanted the Incantation to Conjure an Angel that @Micah posted to the forum a while back. It threw me out of trance a bit though, as i was struggling to read it in the candle light.

The angel appeared in my mind’s eye as a dark haired figure in golden armour with grey wings.

I welcomed him and asked him to open the aspect of my mind with which he is associated and he asked, “why do you wish such a thing?”

I told him to increase my perception of the world and of myself. With that I had a vision of myself being enveloped in his wings. I didn’t feel it though, it was simply an image in my head.

I thanked him and bade him stay or go at his leisure, and put his seal under my pillow. I woke up feeling tired, and I have been getting even more tired as the day has progressed.

I don’t know if it is related to the operation or if it is just me being me.

14 Likes

Nice update… Could you post the Incanation Chant.

I have feeling that your work @DarkestKnight will be epic.

Here you can find it

3 Likes

I just checked the links, great info @Micah, thanks @Seraph for that awesome linking!

2 Likes

Ive been lurking and like your posts. So ive been working with opening my chakras to awaken and not fight the experience. When im in alterred state im never sure if its my own subconscious creating 3rd eye images. Ive never seen something with my own physical eyes. Ive been in states of sleep paralysis while being awake. Ive never seen anything i know wasnt there. Ive seen my own body and room but not sure if it was my 3rd eye or reality. I am not convinced spirits are talking but the deepest areas of my subconscious imo experiences visualy and verbaly. Our brains are smarter than we can ever wish to be but i believe 100 percent in spirit. But most time seeing is believing. Please explain your feelings on experience. I am begging life/spirit for reason want to realy live andnot be society robot because lazlo hierierchy of needs. Even if aliens, creator god,lesser gods,and spirits came out on cable tv would life really change because we still need eat sleep shit and fuck right?Maybe youll make me see different perspective.

2 Likes

Demon #2 Agares

Sat in my UC and chanted the Incantation to Summon Forth. The seal was slow to open. I got a sense of reluctance on the part of the spirit.

“I am here.”

“Welcome, spirit. Identify yourself.”

“I am he, Agares.”

Welcome, Agares. Thank you for coming. I have called you here to open up the aspect of my mind with which you are associated."

“Yes, I am aware.”

“Please do so.”

At this point I felt hands on my head and there was a…twinge in the centre of my head. It felt the way your neck does when you sleep on it wrong, until you rotate it and your vertebrae makes a kind of “snap” noise. There was a blossom of pain, and then it faded.

I thanked Agares, and bade him stay or go as he will. I stumbled a bit standing up, as a wave of dizziness swept over me.

I placed the seal under my pillow but do not recall any dreams.

11 Likes

70 more to go

1 Like

Angel #3 Sitael

I’ve been trying out different things with these evocations, and so for this one I performed the ritual opening and Circle of Power from Damon Brand’s book “Archangels of Magick” to start.

I sat in my UC and chanted the Conjuration for Angels, while gazing at the seal. I’ve found that these angel seals don’t “open” in the same way that the seals of the spirits of the Goetia do. The circle I draw around them fades in and out, but the angelic seal itself remains static and unwavering. It’s almost like the seal is separate from the paper it is drawn on.

I thought I heard the sound of wings, and in my mind’s eye, I saw a figure in silver armour with a sword at his side.

I asked the spirit to identify itself and the figure said he was Sitael. I welcomed him and asked him to open the part of my mind he is associated with.

“It will be done.” He drew his sword and placed it upon my head. I felt another “twinge” in the centre of my head again.

"Thank you, Sitael. What can I expect?

“Perception. Knowledge. Vision.”

“Thank you for answering my summons. Please, stay if you will, but go if you must.”

“There are forces watching you.”

" What do you mean?"

Here, I wasn’t really sure if I was hearing the angel or just my fanciful imagination.

“There are forces observing this endeavour, to see if you succeed.” Sitael then departed.

I performed the ritual closing and wrote it up in my journal. All in all, I was left with a weird feeling, and a lot of uncertainty.

I placed the seal under my pillow but do not recall any dreams. Woke up feeling less tired than usual though.

13 Likes

This is something strange in my experience but interesting.

I wonder how you came up with is idea :scream:

Have you experienced any difference in you minds ability since your quest?

And Good luck! I am really going to watch this

If you read my first post, you will understand where the idea came from.

There have been some slight changes, yes. Nothing really noticeable yet though.

2 Likes

Demon #3 Vassago

Just finished this evocation. Still a bit loopy. It was…weird.

I did this one in a different way. I remembered a post from several years ago about evoking a spirit by drawing their seal in the air in blazing white light, so I decided to try it.

I relaxed down into trance, and invoked Omnipotence. Once I was full of power, I spoke the banishing incantation from KoF three times, to clear the room of all energies. Then, I used Jason Miller’s “Parting the Veil” gesture, to soften the reality around me to make it easier for the spirit to manifest.

Once that was done, I called the name of the spirit, and traced his seal in the air in front of me, watching as my finger drew it in brilliant light.

I kept the seal seated in my mind and chanted the Conjuration to Summon Forth. I again stumbled over the words (I must commit these incantations to memory; it’s too hard to read in candle light), but Vassago was quick to announce his presence.

I welcomed him and asked him to identify himself. He told me the correct name, and I got quite the impatient vibe from him. I read some posts about him here on the forum, and they said he was pretty laid back, but tonight he was in quite the hurry for some reason.

I thanked him, and asked him to open the aspect of my mind with which he is associated and he seemed…I don’t know…put off by the request.

He reluctantly agreed, and in my mind’s eye I saw him extend his finger through my Ajna, and turn a lock inside my head. I heard a “click,” and he withdrew.

I sat for a few moments, trying to identify any new sensations, until Vassago impatiently said, “Is that it? Can I go now?”

I thanked him again, and bade him to depart, which he seemed happy enough to do. I then closed the “veil” and wrote in my journal.

When I stood up, I promptly fell into the wall from dizziness lol

12 Likes

Mehn! @DarkestKnight, I am trying to follow up your evocation techniques. Every time, something new!

Wow!

2 Likes

Angel #4 Elemiah

Just finished this one, and only now realized I called him with the wrong name. I kept saying Yeliah and he didn’t correct me :flushed:

I again invoked Omnipotence and used the angelic banishing incantation, before tracing the seal in the air in white light and repeating the conjuration.

I must have at least gotten the seal mostly correct because an angel showed up though its form was indistinct and blurry to my vision.

I welcomed him and asked him to open the aspect of my mind, he was associated with, and he asked me why. I said to overcome all limitations and become like unto God, and his only response was, “Interesting.”

He proceeded to reach over and place his hand upon my head .I felt a soft warmth flow from my crown, down my spine.

I thanked him and asked him what can I expect, and he replied with “That is for you to learn.”

I thanked him again and gave the license to depart, and I had the sensations that he was walking around my UC. Then he asked me why I had called him using a demonic circle. I told him that I was told it worked for any spirit, and had never had a problem with any angel before. I got the impression that he was poking at it with his foot. I distinctly heard an “hmm” and then his presence faded.

I’m beginning to have doubts about these evocations, particularly the angelic ones. I’m not noticing any changes to my mind like the OP described in the original challenge, and with me calling the wrong name for this latest one, I am not sure they have actually been successful.

I might try calling Elemiah again by the proper name and see what I get. Perhaps I should also go back to paper seals instead of visualized ones.

8 Likes

Youre only 3 in of 72… wait till 20 before you have doubts

5 Likes

It is going on well just the experiences you have are priceless. As @Mapachtli, wait till like 20 calls. However, I would say you should give it sometime for it to manifest. Perhaps for safety reasons.[quote=“DarkestKnight, post:22, topic:62516”]
Just finished this one, and only now realized I called him with the wrong name. I kept saying Yeliah and he didn’t correct me
[/quote]

I would still prefer you use the names in Damon Brands 72 Angels of Magick. I saw the angel Elemiah in the book.

Which demonic circle is the angel taking about?

Well done, and good luck!

4 Likes

The Universal Circle I use.

2 Likes

Don’t worry, man. You are just really really quick and maybe it takes some time to let all that stuff “sink in”. I have my unlockings mostly in a time frame of one or two weeks between each, maybe it “integrates” itself differently.

4 Likes