Your Shadow Work Methods

I’d like to get everyone’s opinion of their method of shadow work. i’ve realized i need to do it but for me to sit with a paper and pen and think of childhood memories i didn’t like and then comfort myself doesn’t do much for me. and i was curious other peoples methods of doing it. can it be as simple as affirmations? i reflect a lot but it doesn’t mean i necessarily know how to heal the thing reflected about.

1 Like
2 Likes

To me its about undoing programming

1 Like

What helps me to get into the “groove” to dive deeper into shadow work is writing prompts and answering them as honest as I can; for example I write down the question “Am I fulfilled?” or “Do I like myself?” or “What fears are currently holding me back in life?” etc. These are simple questions but the answers are really complex. They give away a lot about internalized patterns, repressed memories, etc. and they are showing me why I am like this. Its helping me to dive uncomfortably deep into myself and to dissolve dysfunctional or destructive patterns. I usually don’t write the answers out fully, but I take notes about peculiar memories or connections.

5 Likes

About where I stand with it.

I try to examine my patterns and after a bit with intention you start to see where some of those patterns originate and what fed into their creation.

4 Likes

That’s a cool post

2 Likes

I used Qlippothic initiation to do some heavy duty shadow work. I nearly quit the project three or four times as it got too intense. I highly recommend it.

2 Likes

Therapy with a psychologist.

Every time I read about “shadow work,” it seemed a lot like just going to therapy, facing your fears, asking yourself a lot of questions about why you are the way you are, then trying to respond to them, changing what you realize isn’t working for you, etc.

It’s a lot like just going to therapy.

Same thing when it comes to “self-love spells.” If you got low self-esteem and/or depression, go get therapy instead of lighting a pink candle hoping you’ll feel better tomorrow. In fact, I’d only suggest a “self-love spell” more focused on attracting or assisting in the search for a good psychologist, rather than focusing on making the lack of self-love go away as if it had never happened.

Same thing with “shadow work.” The guidance of a psychologist is key.

Just my point of view.

4 Likes

where can i find Qlippothic initiation

2 Likes

Here’s the thread

I did each sphere seven days

3 Likes

thank you so much

2 Likes

One of the most useful things I’ve found is this kind of work; shadowwork.com

1 Like