Your Favorite Grimoire? | The PGM

Your favorite grimoire and why?

Also, if anyone works with The Greek Magical Papyri, do you have some pronunciation guide?

Please and thank you.

viper

4 Likes

There is one in Stephen Flowers’ (excellent) book Hermetic Magic, I don’t have my copy here though, soz! I’ll try to remember it if no-one has anything better.

4 Likes

Queen of hell by Mark Smith is my favorite grimoire if my own personal one doesn’t count. Followed fairly closely by works of darkness by E.A Koetting. These two are my favorites due to being the most useful for me personally (WoD when I first got it and QoH to this day) Though Jerry Johnson’s works have also helped my energy work immensely and KoF will always have a place in my heart as my first actual grimoire.

2 Likes

Didn’t know this was Edred Thorsson’s real name :sweat_smile: Thanks for making me curious enough to google him. More to add on my reading list :metal:

2 Likes

my first grimore was the book of azazel
i love that book so freaking much

1 Like

In my case, Hekate was possibly the worst deity I’ve ever worked with. Maybe just me.

2 Likes

Does it have the pronunciation and have you worked with it a lot?

The Rite of the Headless One made me feel there was a snake in my throat, choking me, which made me gag for half an hour in ordinary reality. And it was all for nothing. What are some of the other potent spells/invocations have you done via these means?

1 Like

Yes, it’s Appendix F goes over it, if you look him up you’ll see that’s one of his areas of academic study.

No, I did my own version though may try the original, I can’t remember if I used it (probably, but it didn’t stay on my list0, I have theories on creating original work, if you want to see my totally anglicised version it’s here: My Invocation Of Inner Divinity.

Did it feel like the physical strain on your larynx, or an energy blockage?

I use the Stoicheia exercise from the book (cheatsheet in the link above), kind of daily for long stretches then I do something else, always come back to that though. :first_quarter_moon_with_face:

1 Like

She’s been pretty good with me, and a lot of people have had positive interactions with her if I understand correctly, but no entity works well with everyone nor does anyone work well with all entities (as far as I know). To each their own :metal:

1 Like

Thank you. Is it from the PGM? Curious to hear your theories.

The blockage felt physical, hence the gag reflex. I do a revealing spell for necromancy now and then and that’s heavy stuff. One occultist I knew thought the sounds (barbarous names) in the PGM were designed to have this effect.

My theories is the universe tends to wards more life, more compelxity, anmd more novelty, so reworking stuff you use into new forms makes it fresh again, and more powerful that’s a short but accurate description.

Sources & inspirations in the post right below it. :+1:

Maybe vocal exercises will help if you wish to persevere with it?

1 Like

Nah, I don’t think Setian/Typhonian sorcery is for me. I am really not even big on deities anymore. I have my ways of harvesting power, otherwise I’m flying solo.

1 Like

Everytime I see one of your reference in a post I run to find the pdf one hahaha. Last time you sent me The Kybalion I was so thankful because it’s an amazing tool to use in the will of ascending! I’m reading it a second time in French.

2 Likes

Flowers has good stuff fo sho.

2 Likes

3 posts were split to a new topic: Yo-ho-ho and a bottle of rum

Also, whoever thinks that Hekate is the queen of hell… That is simply not true. She is a Titan deity who does have a free pass into the underworld, as Zeus, for some unknown reason, did not banish her into Tartaros together with other Titans, but it is Persephone and Hades who rule it. These are the basic facts in Hellenism.

Now, Hekate is often seen as the queen of witches and in her wrathful aspect, but she’s largely known as Soteira, The Savior.

1 Like

i have asked some favors to hekate and she has done excelent altough she never has spoken with me :frowning: