Yokos and fox spirits of japan

Fushimi inari is a shape shifting fox. You could ask her to teach you but she is one of the most powerful spirits in Japan with a very big and beautiful shine (it is a outerworldly experience to walk to the top of the mountain, I would really recommend to do it one time :heart_eyes: ) so be very VERY polite!!

1 Like

The god/dess is actually named just Inari (or Inari Ōkami) . The Fushimi part is the name of the ward the shrine is located in. It is indeed a very beautiful location.

1 Like

Huh… ok thanks for the advice

A few things to keep in mind, spirit foxes are a general East Asian thing, there are versions in China and Korea as well. In general, they are tricksters, but that ranges from playing petty tricks to being actively cruel and everywhere across the board. Like with most types of beings, they are individuals so it’s hard to really generalize.

On the other hand, let’s generalize! Foxes are mostly carnivorous, and spirit foxes traditionally like to eat people’s livers. So maybe buy some liver (pig is supposed to be pretty close to the taste of human if you can get it) and use it as an offering? Could also offer prayers to Inari, as a way of trying to get around some of the risk factor, Inari is a pretty benevolent god, and foxes are his servants.

You might also want to ask yourself, or others, why it is that only old foxes can gain powers like that. Not that I would expect you to wait for decades to follow in their pawprints, but cultivating or ritualizing similar processes may be possible, even if it needs to be done as a mirror image of the one they undergo.

Thanks for the info i will give that a try

So can i contact inari on the astral plane? Or would be more helpful to actualy travel to japan?
And i was aware about not being able to become and animal… since i have a human soul…but when you say
That it might be possible to to attain or power similar or equal…in short pretty much be coming a knock off, faux fox spirit…am understanding you correctly??? And can shape shifting…into a fox…help me in my long term goal…would it help my case when i contact inari? Since he can be a rather beneevolant god…

Your soul is energy, “human” or “animal” are our terms.

1 Like

Whats the best way?

Just a word of advice.

Just remember they can be crafty critters.
Be careful of getting monkey pawed.

Other then that best of luck. Fox spirits are aces at teaching how to hide ones true intentions.

1 Like

Not a he😂

1 Like

Oh, my bad :joy:

Look up Inari, do some research and ask her.

Probably shamanism, but it’s hard as fuck

Thanks for responding

1 Like

I’m not really familiar with Shinto, but in many of the chinese legends, foxes are animals with great energy and are able to have a human form if they practice enough. I think this might also work in japan since these two cultures are really similar.
[Foxes (狐hú仙xiān: the fox god), weasels (黄huáng仙xiān: the yellow god), hedgehogs(白bái仙xiān: the white god), snakes (柳liǔ仙xiān: the green/willow-colored god) and mice (灰huī仙xiān: the grey god) are the five most powerful gods in the chinese folktales. It is said that if people do something like hurting or killing them, they will let them pay back with the same price in a really mystical way.]

I don’t know if the foxes are like that in western countries, but maybe you can try to connect them?

Any thoughts on contacting inari?..ive been habing a hard time finding a PROPER way to contact…the lord of foxes

I don’t think Shinto usually does that sort of thing directly, maybe the folk-magic side, but that would be a lot less likely to be written down. Just go the classic rout, pray.

Set up an area sanctified to Shinto standards and give offerings and pray. The base things are usually pretty simple, water, paper, rope, incense, rice and time. From what I recall, Shinto uses both sanctified spaces and sanctified time, I always found that keeping that kind of four dimensionality to be helpful when it came to this kind of thing. Up to you though.

1 Like

Hmmm so doing basic shinto prayers🤔 sounds like somthing i could try

1 Like

Soo could these concepts on shape shifting help…with my end goal…if so which would work the besthttps://forum.becomealivinggod.com/u/TheNightCrow

Also…i found this post on shapeshifting…i know the guy is banned…and for what it seems like veru good reasons…but in his post he mentioned that one could completley…rid them selves of their humannity…is that a possible out come? Im asking Since someone who replied to my post in the first days it was readable…said that obtaining power and form was possible…but spirit foxes were a fox be fore they grew more tails and power…so my question is if one was to completely lose there humanity…by the teachings in this article…could they become FOX enough to become a genuine spirirt fox?https://forum.becomealivinggod.com/t/forms-of-shapeshifting-techniques/4332