Yoga of Power by Julian Evola

Just started reading Julian Evola’s Yoga of Power.

I was inspired by your video on the Black Sun exercise, which I’ve found very interesting, mostly for the strange thoughts and speculations it induced.

I’m wondering if you could do a Coles Notes/ your take on this book, seeing as you suggested his work is “more significant than the contributions of Aleister Crowley.”

I personally find the comparisons of modern sciences to the newly budding esoteric arts very interesting, along with the emphasis on “undemocratizable” nature of these newly emerging “siddus” or powers (I’m really not that far in)

One of the challenges I’m having is with all the Hindu words/ concepts which I personally feel more comfortable glossing over, as I’ve never found the cultural aspects of religious/ magick text very interesting.

What did you find most illuminating about this work?
How did it change the way you saw yourself?
Or the way you practiced ritual?
What does he say that is particularly original?
Verses outlining existing concepts?

Is this a work that is cumulative? Or can it still serve the reader to graze through?

I’m a particularly anayltical kind of magician, who prefers the abstract theory over the cultural/literary imagary of this kind of subject matter (names of gods and metaphors they’re expressed through) so much of this work is beginning to sound quite important.

I’m especially interested in the different kinds of power he outlines, and how shallow and impersonal (detached from any aspect of the Self) modern technology seems to tote itself as, playing down/ or worse demonizing any forms of power that can only be expressed from a subjective (albeit very real and tangible) source: the aspirant individual.

Probably will have more questions as I go along, but just thought I see if there is anything you would highlight or reccomend starting with.

Thanks,