Works of darkness

Anyone did the exercises from Koetting’s books-Works of darkness(invoking the darkness inside of you) ? I am prepareing mysalf for such works…so any experience is welcome…what could I expect from it?

I didn’t do exactly that with it, but I did this instead “In darkness bound” - it replaces the fear-based paradigm of banishment through “light” or godnames with the darkness as a tool of will.

Nothing wrong with light or godnames (especially if you get your own and use that) but they started to seem a bit “last season” from where I’m operating right now.

I didn’t do exactly that with it, but I did this instead “In darkness bound” - it replaces the fear-based paradigm of banishment through “light” or godnames with the darkness as a tool of will.
ok…I did the exercise…what I felt was an enormus amount of fear and horror,the fear and hororr repleaced power
Nothing wrong with light or godnames (especially if you get your own and use that) but they started to seem a bit “last season” from where I’m operating right now.[/quote]

I’ve always come out of these exercises feeling energetic and empowered. In my darker days, I beat my addiction to oxycontin with these exercises. Given the fact that I was able to overcome the withdrawals of this drug with these exercises says a lot to me.

1 Like

How are you feeling now?

How are you feeling now?[/quote]
Well thank you for asking Lady Eva I feel very good,I would dare to say-powerfull…

These horrors are like the Aesop fable of the fox and the lion – at first the fox hid in the brush, but in the end passed the lion without a glance.

This is interesting. At first I was very confused as to what the darkness actually mean, Erick’s definition left me wondering many things I could not understand but I just embraced it anyway. It was such a powerful experience, and all that mystery enhanced it even more. I had to eat my words you know…cos at first it all sounded forced and unreliable, I don’t know how to explain, it just didn’t feel right. But I’m very glad I did it.

To me, those visualizations and all the meaning behind them, although still unclear, was a transfiguration. Once I got in the part you’re supposed to breathe the darkness into you, things changed.

If I do this meditation right now it won’t feel so overwhelming anymore, instead it will feel very natural. This darkness has become a part of me. That’s the only way I can put it.

yes I love works of darkness and the breathing exercises in chapter 3 were bad ass.doing the candles in a triangle and moving them from different points and practicing with the candles. Mr Koetting is the best writer ever.Out of all the books I own,Koettings books are the best.

Very good book. Will open up a whole new meaning of dark magick for you if you let it, and take it seriously. I had a lot of fun pathworking thru that book although, E.A. made several typos and grammatical errors in that book. Not trying to be the spell check police here, but it was hard to not notice.