Working with Jötnar: Calling of Ymir

Giants is not really accurate anway. the term jotun actually means “devourer”. I think their nature is more clear with that knowledge. Although they are not necessarily what we would consider evil (all of the northern worlds are more grey than that) they are vastly less safe than the two tribes of gods.

In my flip flopping days, I was praying hard like begging for a sign or understanding to a problem, whomever it was helped me the more I prayed but only to father of spirit as I call him, I don’t know when its hopeless and you fell like you hit rock bottom, it 's weird getting rewarded with an epiphany after praying, seeing synchronicity in the plane, but after that the Baraon came and a raven by my window, was it a test and I failed lol because you know he is a jealous god.

Though I’ve been treating Anu, the sky god referenced in Annunaki and ancient Sumerian god of spirit too, if we were created by Enki who genetically modified us , created us then set us free after falling for a Queen of Africa. So he’s as far back as it goes , or did the imposter Jews just steal it like all their religion is , magic of Zoroaster, Magi, Chaldeans’, Greeks, Pythagoreans, as Thoth Hermes , or did they steal it as their own origin story, the have the special royal blood, if you listening Eva you have Royal blood so your qorkings should be stonger than most.

Look into Celtic mythology of giants names and info about the why giants were slew by our first gods the Tutha da Dana.

Fabulous way to describe them, Vardlokkur! That has been my experience with them. One can make more ‘mistakes’ of etiquette with the Aesir and Vanir, there is a safety aspect that is missing with the Jotnar.

Jotnar is more ancient than younger gods aesir vanir etc
For example surt is born from darkness chaos itself ginnungagap and ymir too
And union between ice and fire! The universe 9 world born

So surtr ymir exist since the beginning of time
So i can say! They are older wiser maybe more powerfull than younger god like aesir and vanir
In my opinion

Its same like titan primordial power and young god zeus etc
Tiamat and marduk

But i dont know why all mythology described younger gods WIN the war with older gods

smack dat like if ur rimeborn

Just to put in my two-cents, Ymir is the primordial being from whose body the universe was created. He was slain for his stupidity and maleficence.
As such, if you were to truly come into contact with this intelligence it would be like speaking to the animalistic predatory undercurrent of the entire Cosmic Consciousness.
Also, the Ur rune should be used in a prevalent way, as it has connotations of physical existence and primordiality.

1 Like

it has to do with the evolution of Consciousness. All ancient peoples understood that Consciousness started on a primeval, subconscious / semi conscious level. Despite how history would paint them, since the beginning of humankind, people have understood the levels and depths of the psyche, both in ascent and decent.

The Elder gods in all mythologies are primordial beings. Many of them are barely even conscious in the way that we know of consciousness. They are the embodiment of beginning ideas. That is why they are so powerful, Consciousness hasn’t fully taken a hold of those ideas yet.

as the gods get younger and younger, we see more refined ideas. Broader ideas, such as creation, get broken up into smaller pieces. One of the most obvious ones is the split of Freyja and Frigg. The goddess beforehand, some scholars think was Frio, was a goddess of all things passionate. Over time, in the Norse mythology at least, but not in the more southern Teutonic mythologies, (Freyja is only present in the old Norse myths) Frio was separated into two distinct people. One of them, a goddess of passion. Freya has the sphere of influences and sexuality, magic, and War. The other was a goddess of marriage, which in a culture where women have almost as many rights as men, is important if a man wants to get married. Frigg then becomes the goddess of marriage, fidelity, and the womanly arts. They’re still much overlap between these two, because they hadn’t been completely sundered by the time Christianity came to Iceland.

On a more practical magical note, One usually finds that when one works with primordial being, the Elder gods, they don’t tend to give a rip about you. It doesn’t mean that they won’t work with you. But they don’t tend to care about your welfare at all. The few who do, are those who are eventually absorbed into the younger generation. Your example of Prometheus is one, in the Norse mythology Skadhi is another.

An excellent example of this in one individual, is Odin himself. Hoenir and Lodhur probably have the same progression. I am of the opinion that Hoenir as an idiot is a fallacy. I also feel that Lodhur is another name for Loki. But I digress. At the beginning, Odin is born a true joten. Over time, his acts show us that his consciousness develops into something much more specific than simply a Creator God. He funnels from the ecstasy of spirit, two wisdom itself. If a mage decides to work with Odr, one will find a being that cares much less for you than say, Hardbardnir.

Interesting, do you think Ymir would be an ideal entity for say, gaining power? (In term of potent magick in the works of Sorcery, and/or in terms of mental, physical, and spiritual) I’m curious about the figures outside Asgard and Vanaheim, and overall just wanting to know this side of my family’s extensive roots?

Wait but isn’t Ymir dead. Is t his corpse Midgard?