Working with demons moderately successful, Working with angels brings anger and misfortune?

I would like to start by saying I have been on and off in my workings for the past 6-7 years, during which I have mostly worked with demons and demonolatry. I have had great success with Beleth, Forneus, FurFur, and lately Leviathan, but have work minorly with others.

Each of the demons has been very helpful and friendly, with my only somewhat negative experiences being with Furfur, he gave me what I asked and everything, very reliably. But made me feel uncomfortable and seems to make me fearful with negative thoughts and visions of him as some sort of devouring and evil entity. Each demon has helped me but I have only experienced true success in a clearly supernatural way from Beleth and Leviathan. While Forneus and FurFur, I had success and experience but not in as clear a way.

During this time I have also tried to work with different angels. I feel called to do so often, and I feel the call to “follow the light” as a phrase in my head. Sometimes, demons such as Beleth, and a minor work with Belial has pushed me to work with light and angels, and I am never really sure why.

The angels that have helped me the most I suppose are Jeliel, Raphael, and Metatron. I use the term help fairly loosely, as they do offer some minor success but each time I feel intense anger towards other, I engage in self destructive behavior, I am mean and spiteful towards my spouse, and my luck seems to greatly diminish. I tend to call them by singing in a high pitch, and offer the supplications and kindness of heart to them but it is the same every time.

Its mostly the problem of disaster in my life when I deal with angelic forces; demons seem to be by nature disruptive and I can notice some bad things happening or events around others seem to be bad on occasion, but angels just seem to fuck me and my life up. I asked the angels themselves and they offer little to no guidance on the issue, while demons refuse to speak on it at all.

I know this is long winded buy I am honestly seeking any type of help or explanation. I feel like when I work with demons I am held back by my want to follow light, but when I do this my life falls apart. Why is this? Have others had the same problem? How do I move on in my work from here?

4 Likes

I can’t say that I have had the same problem, but if I could offer an opinion – a lot of people find that angels seem to work on a longer-term basis, with a greater scope, whereas demons tend to work directly on the problem at hand, and relatively more quickly.

It’s hard to say why that might be the case. It could be a matter of coincidence. Depending on your beliefs in various entities, it could be a sign that angels are either trying to turn your life upside down so it can be remade. Consider they could be trying to purge negativity out of you to make way for improvement.

I don’t necessarily believe the above because it seems to close to a binary “demons bad angels good” worldview, when things are rarely so black-and-white.

From a more neutral perspective… given that you mention “you want to follow light”, it seems like you might tend toward a similar view (angels good/demons bad), no? Ultimately a lot of things in life are subjective and it could simply come down to your innate assumptions/perceptions; the framework that you view the world in. Perhaps you subconsciously don’t feel worthy of “light”, or perhaps you’ve picked up some silent belief along the way (even, especially, if you were raised religiously) that angels and demons are sworn enemies, or something like that.

Sorry I can’t contribute much more, but were I you, I’d take it as a sign to examine my own beliefs. Just wanted to throw my opinion in. :smiley: Best of luck out there.

8 Likes

Blockquote

It could be that I am impatient as I tend to only ask for things I need very immediately, and less for long term goals or desires. That could be why I associate demons with success and angels with nice words and little else

I do fight the belief that angels are 'Good" for the most part and that demons, while helpful, are more about themselves. I was raised in the south and had a religious upbringing so maybe that has colored my perspective, and not feeling worthy of light can be a very real thing that I need to look into, as I have poor self esteem. I thank you for your time and response as I will really look into my thoughts on the beings.

It seems weird to me though, if I am bias towards angels as being good, why would hardship and bad emotions follow that? I get they could be trying to break me down…but I don’t want that? And if that is the case why would they not explain that, and why would I feel more hateful to everyone in general? I tend to be stuck in that rut of hate and spite until I go back to demons, who all in all have only ever encouraged me to do good things, and to treat people nicely. Are angels just not that nice? They seem full of wisdom and words of kindness but the words and the actions that happen seem so at odds, it has led me to this confusion.

1 Like

Well, because the world is a wee bit more complicated than good and evil. If it follows the belief that angels will break your life apart to rebuild you, then it makes a certain amount of sense. What are you bitter and hateful towards when you work with angels? Perhaps it is simply throwing light on things that aren’t helpful to you in your day to day life, your progression as a human, your ascension, and that kind of thing.

No, no one really ever does. But I suppose it’s that old adage of having to break out of your comfort zone before you can truly progress.

I can’t tell you why they wouldn’t explain such things to you; that so far has not been my experience with angels. As to why you feel hateful, only you can really answer that, after honest introspection about where you are in life.

Angels are not that different from demons, from my perspective. Like I mentioned, humans tend to draw a dichotomy between “angels good, demons bad” but it really is not that simple. Really, they largely serve the same purpose as entities, they just work slightly differently. And in my mind/paradigm/interpretation of scripture, angels are messengers of god, and god is human consciousness. Angels go before you to make ready a place for your arrival; they are tasked with completing a mission for you. Demons can give you things, and tweak the odds in your favour. Angels can as well, but they tend to work toward a “higher purpose” or with a more long-term/“greater good” view in mind. If they make you feel hateful toward someone, ask yourself, is that an outside entity influencing your thoughts? Or is it an entity revealing to you the nature of a relationship that might not be in your best interests in the long-term?

I expect many people will have vastly different opinions from me, but those are my thoughts.

4 Likes

Balance. They want to make sure you stay balanced, so you don’t become unhinged by staying too long on one side of the spectrum. If you look at practitioners that spend too long on one side, usually towards the extreme ends, they become progressively more unbalanced, less reasoned, and they become harder to relate to. The Earth prefers balance, as does the body, so it makes sense that maybe the spirit should, too. Not all believe that, though.

I’m cautious about saying destructive behaviors go with it, because that doesn’t always hold true. Balanced people also have those. Some of them are easier to see than others, as there are outward signs of them.

This can happen to both the RHP and LHP. I’ve been sent down balancing paths by the Goetics (and others) in the past and I take their advice seriously when they do. This also allows me to (responsibly) push the envelopes I care about further than I may normally.

Concerning the angel aspect, I work with some, but not on a frequent basis. I don’t click with them or their energy as well, so I’m not as quick to call on them or study them. Most of the spirits I work with aren’t angels or Goetics, so I don’t see it as a choice just between the two. I don’t hesitate to call on Marbas or Raphael for healing, whichever feels the most appropriate.

7 Likes

Could relate to the shadow

Why do they invoke these feelings in you? Keep asking yourself that. I’ve had a similar problem with Demons and other entities some of which I have no desire to look into but each time these unpleasant feelings related to my shadow

Also some energies are just that intense that they bring out these feelings. Can’t have everything good without some minor side effects. Like exercise, you get stronger but experience minor aches

4 Likes

Seems your own Spirit may be averse to Angels, or at least the ones you’ve worked with. This can happen to some people. Some on here say they react a similar way when working with very powerful spirits.

Check to see what planets were afflicted in your Natal chart by essential dignity, and see if the Angels you’ve worked with are of the nature of any of the afflicted planets in your Natal chart. Symptoms like these are very typical of that I find.

3 Likes

Sometimes the spirits will bring out emotions like this to bring them to your attention so that you can work with them. I doubt the angels are punishing you or anything like that. What they may be doing is amping up those patterns of behavior. This can make a smaller issue into a bigger issue, but the point is to ultimately resolve the issue.

Would you rather walk around with a bunch of “small” issues messing with your life and making it worse, but not super noticeably, or deal with each of these issues (not always a clean and easy process) and come through the other side free of these burdens?

3 Likes

I have practiced for many years but have never really dived into Natal Charts, I went ahead and filled one out online but am not sure what if anything to do with the information. It seems to point to character traits I have but other than that I am kinda lost. Could you explain a bit about how to use this information, if you dont mind?

1 Like

I have been told about balance being important from spirits, but only one sided devotion to demonic practices have ever produced real results. At least reliably, I can not bad mouth Jeliel, as they have worked at first but then wanted me to move on, dropping what I asked for entirely.

Demons such as Leviathan want me to move on and continue to grow as well but they keep the previous status qou it seems. So with them it feels like I am improving what I am rather than building myself up from scratch.

I do have a bit of an obsessive personality so maybe they do just want me to take a break from time to time. Thank you very much, that is good info. These replies have all been very helpful. I am glad I joined the forum.

2 Likes

You could send me the chart and I’ll explain which planets are afflicted and well dignified by essential dignity.

Many modern astrologers aren’t even aware of essential dignity since they are all about positivity, just as they aren’t aware of the hosts of other traditional methods.

Each sign is ruled by one of the 7 traditional planets (we don’t look at Uranus, Neptune, and Pluto for this), and each planet is also exalted in one sign. So, they are also in detriment in certain signs, and in fall in another.

Being in detriment and fall is an affliction, and being retrograde is also a minor affliction, and then there is also being combust, which is when a planet comes within a certain degree between the Sun, which is a more heavy affliction.

Planets also rule different triplicities depending on whether or not it is the day or the night.
Then there are also Terms and Faces/Decans. Every now and then they mention Decans in modern astrology but seems Terms have been lost to them.

1 Like

Okay how do I send them, it doesnt seem like you can private message here, can I just post it? thank you so much

1 Like

You can only send others a PM after being active a certain amount of time, so I’ll send you a PM now

2 Likes

This isn’t the primary importance when considering balance, though. In fact, results don’t really matter when you need a break for balance. It’s to preserve and protect the mind/spirit that helps get you results to begin with.

1 Like

So it seems to be an issue that my Natal Charts put me at odds with Venusian spirits, and upon contemplation all the angels I have tried to work with except the ones I have mention like Metatron working well are all Venusian.

I have to admit even after years of practice I didn’t buy heavily into the astronomy side of the occult other than symbolism but I have to let the evidence speak for itself. I really think this is the problem and I would like to give a shout out to Dankquanicus for the help.

3 Likes

This happened to me while working with demons. My guess is that it’s some form of purging.