Working Through Helios Unbound

I understand. Keeping my fingers crossed for the sake of your sanity (speaking as someone with polish-catholic in-laws who insist to be visited around each and every christmas) :crossed_fingers:t2:

4 Likes

Get there late Wednesday, leave on Sunday. Could be worse, so there’s that.

2 Likes

Today marks the end of Month 4 Week 3. Thanksgiving is going to ruin my schedule, with the travel and the company.

There have been some interesting things happening. I just haven’t had much time to put them in here.

On the 16th, I felt a female solar presence come into my space as I.was.doing the prayers for Helios. She moved, almost danced around me as I was doing them. She kept very close and touched me a few times as she passed by. I felt lime she was “of” Helios. I was told to contact her at a later time and was given a name to use, but could tell this was more like a nickname. I will call on her when I feel I should.

The four keep putting energy into me, but the type changes. In one case, it was three different forms from each. None of them was enough to “expand the reservoir”, if you will. I’m assuming it’s for balancing, since they all gave me different amounts.

Ready to be done with this, but there are still a few months left. Not too much longer.

3 Likes

Confession time. I did the Saturday ritual on Friday and the Friday ritual today, when I realized my mistake. Simple mistake. I was “off” of work, checking off boxes as they came off the truck.

And, somehow, the Friday entities came today as the Saturday ones cane yesterday. Nobody raised an alarm, made any mention. I would expect that, if the day REALLY mattered. Seems it doesn’t.

As far as I’m concerned, it’s another nail in the “correspondence” coffin. Not that it wouldn’t “help”, but that competent magicians can follow them if they feel they should. I mean, if I’m so weak that I HAVE to call the forces of Saturn during the supposed hours of Saturn, maybe I can’t really handle the result (or the powers I’m working with). But that’s my opinion, just like correspondence tables…

So, late night, since my candle just got started about 10 minutes ago.

4 Likes

I really didn’t feel like doing my Helios work tonight. I’m in more of a cursing mood and have. Things (several) have been set in motion.

But a Drill Sergeant once said to us, “Discipline is doing the right thing, even when no one is looking”. I take that to apply to something like this, too.

Wife was going to get rid of some stainless steel mixing bowls, so I have a few burn pots…and candle holders, while I work elsewhere unloading more boxes.

6 Likes

Back at it, after the Thanksgiving drama.

After tonight, there is one day left in Month 4. I was right that I wouldn’t have had the privacy to do it. So, tomorrow will mark the end of Month 4.

And that’s all I was going to do tonight, besides prepare for Month 5. Not quite how it went.

I got the incense out for Isis and made some more “holy” water for Nephthys. As I was reading the instructions for Month 5 and decided what I was and wasn’t doing, I kept getting the urge from Hecate to start it.

So, I did.

What I left out - all.of the tarot card.placements that don’t really mean much to the ritual. Instead of placing the offering in the imaginary spot on the table, I.placed.it in front of my statue of Hecate, that also acts as a gateway to her energies.

I didn’t use wine as an offering. I used joss incense I value. Hecate agreed it would be accepted and valued by all of those I will be calling.

I don’t plan on using “lunar” hexagrams and will be using one traced from lunar energy instead.

I’m not doing the confession, which is altered to.Hecate, but the same self a reflection I did with Helios. Hecate was fine with this.

Instead of using the waxing or waning invocation and hoping she comes, I’m treating it as a respectful evocation. When I call for the lunar “mansion” spirit, I’m also asking her to call it forth for me. This worked really well tonight.

Instead of calling the name of the mansion spirit for ten minutes, it bid me to speak with it instead. I gave it permission to continue after the ritual. Here’s the wording I used and Hecate approved of. She said it would work for all of them without issue.

“(spirit name) ______, under the watchful gaze of Hecate, I allow you to make those changes she sees fit for this Helios Unbound undertaking.” The intent is also pressed that it is limited to what she feels is necessary and can continue outside of ritual.

That may seem risky, if you don’t know my relationship with Hecate, who I sang to almost daily starting in late 2018 and only stopped when she asked me to in late September. It had something to do with this month, though I don’t know what. I also stopped singing to the others I had been doing it for at her request, knowing it is temporary. She also brought me to this path. So there is some trust there.

3 Likes

Hit the wrong button, so I’ll just continue here, since some of you read faster than I can edit.

I’m not buying astrology software when I don’t seem to really have a need for astrology that I can see. Thankfully, I found this year’s mansions plotted out by a really kind soul. Here’s the link.

Today is the 17th mansion - Aliklil - Scorpion’s Crown. There’s honestly a whole load of stuff after that that plays no part in the actual ritual.

The spirit didn’t speak to me, but gave me images and impressions instead. He also asked me to stop chanting his name so I could concentrate and copy down what I was being shown. Here’s the best I could describe it.

"
I saw a stone wall standing firm, ready, willing to throw back invaders from either side. A bulwark of sorts. Tall (enough), defiant, willing, but not eager. A marshalling of resources once conflict came.
"
He signalled that my part was done and I could end the rotual while he continued working. I was at 5.5 minutes of the 10 recommended. Hecate reminded me that I had also directly interacted with the spirit, instead if just getting a taste of their energy. (It presented as male, but that was just a presentation).

So, Month 5 Day 1 done.

4 Likes

Alqalb. The description of a scorpion is fitting. I see the tail pointed over me, ready to strike, yet, I do not fear it (I would be able to convert the ‘poison’). I feel my inner Scorpio resonate strongly with this one. It says nothing, intends to say nothing, and, instead, stands ready, waiting to see if it needs to strike. Reminds me of a phrase I would tell myself in Iraq, “It isn’t personal. It’s just business.” (It’s what I had to tell myself sometimes.)

With those thoughts, its tail lowered, the pincers closed quietly, and I felt an acceptance.

Hecate told me the interaction was done and the work would continue without my involvement.

4 Likes

Month 4 is officially done, once this candle burns out. Ritual-wise, it is done. Honestly, I’m relieved. I don’t know why, but I really didn’t like the procedure for Month 4. Too much “trust me” and things that bothered me that weren’t explained.

No offense, but who gives a shit what birds correspond to a planetary sphere?

Why am I calling on Janus to close the “gates”? I’m expecting Janus to clean up without acknowledging them in any other way? As an aside, autocorrect keeps changing " Janus" to “Kanye”. I don’t even know any of his songs…

But, the Zeus-Jupiter prayer or whatever was today and it was clearly adapted from a Christian on glad to be done with it, despite my liking Zeus.

4 Likes

Annucel was the spirit of the mansion Alshuala (Stinger).

She first came as a (left) hand, held up towards my face. A clean, uncalloused palm, firm and delicate. The palm moved backwards and I saw a tan complected face that almost seemed Indian or Persian and evident in the makeup style, mainly the eyeshadow.

She smiled and as she smiled, her left hand was gone and in her right, a coiled snake.

I had to pause the ritual at this point to take care of something (and had a backyard full of screaming kids). This was rude. I checked with Hecate and let Annucel in for a sip of beer. The tension was gone and she left after one sip, when she could’ve had three. (She claimed those later).

She came so close to me, I would’ve felt her heat if she were human. “I will poison your enemies”. This was said sincerely, without dark malice or theatrical emotions. She’s lovely.

She claimed her two sips and we were done.

“I will poison your enemies”… She speaks my kind of dirty talk.

6 Likes

I smelled Queyhuc before seeing him. He wanted it that way. I was looking at a centaur or close enough for me to know. He raised his bow and held it for a few seconds. I simply waited.

The arrow struck me in the center of my chest. He calmly walked over, pulled it out, and put his hand to my chest.

Q: “You had a hole in your heart”. He was grinning.

M: “I did.”

Q: “(He turned serious) It’s still there.” (I didnt k ow what he was referring to). “That’s fine. (I will take it from here)”.

We were done.

No idea which hole he was referring to. There have been many over the years. But I won’t turn down the help, that’s for sure.

4 Likes

05DEC
Hecate came silently and was two-faced, one facing forward, the other behind. He had nothing to say and Hecate said I could go about my day while he worked on me. It was odd.

06DEC
Geliel did look a bit like Hermes, but I didn’t feel they were the same. The conversation was short and there were some personality conflicts, so that was best.

3 Likes

:joy::joy:

1 Like

I forgot to type in last night’s entry!

07DEC
Zequebin came, wanted the person I had been thinking of before the ritual, that troublesome magician causing problems for a friend, and left immediately after accepting everything. Works for me.

08DEC

Abrine came to me as a young, yet mature mother, suckling a child. She just looked and I waited a few seconds before welcoming and thanking her. She softened as I did so.

There was an awkward pause before she took my head in both of hwr hands (where was the baby?), brought it to her chest, and and kissed me on the forehead. We were done, but in a good way. Hecate was pleased.

(As an aside, after finishing, I noticed Hecate was still around and Abrine came back to study me again. Seems we hit it off and I’ve been told to call on her as I see fit. I also gave permission that she can call on me when I need or could use the help, but am too focused to see it.

5 Likes

09DEC
Anziel’s came gently and studied me a bit. I felt his acceptance as he turned and left.

10DEC
Taziel: “I am here.” (The old song Lady in Red came to mind)

After she agreed to help me, she sort.of…crawled inside of herself. Not quite still here, but not gone, either. Watching, observing.

As you can see, there haven’t been a lot of conversations with these entities and I’ve been grouping their entries, I stead.of wasting everyone’s time with two sentence entries. There are several reasons for this.

The first is that I’ve given them permission to stay (or return) and work on me as long as the need to. Which usually means they do it when I’m doing other things.

The second is that this is largely transactional. There have been a couple I could see working with more deeply, but that’s it so far. I haven’t meshed with most, so there’s no need for them to hang around and chat.

5 Likes

Just dropping a line. I’m on day 16 of 28. The interactions haven’t been much more than X came, agreed, and left. Not terribly exciting.

I have started looking ahead at Month 6 and I can tell you right now, I probably won’t get that on “right”. Of course, it’s all based on astrology, which I’ve complained about enough here.

In implementation, it seems complicated for the fun of it. There is Stage 1 (12 days), Stage 2 (days?), Stage 3 (days?), and Week 4. It doesn’t say that the three stages must be done consecutively, so I’m assuming they can be done in tandem. But I do know that the math doesn’t seem to work with my understanding.

Things I have to figure out due to poor instructions:
It looks like he expects one to use the planets listed in Month 4. Are they? I have to make sure these line up.
Stages 2 and 3 require the use of Hermetic Lots. What? It’s possible they were talked about a hundred or so pages ago.
Find my decans because…the book says to…

So, lots of good homework to look forward to…

4 Likes

With 4 days left in Month 5, it’s time to fill you in with my plans Month 6. It took about 4 hours to gather the information and decide what I will actually do. I already had my astrological chart and with some Google skills, I determined the rest.

Stage 2 is completely out. It deals with the Hermetic Lots. They have to be rammed into the same Deities from Month 3, but the online tools for this don’t really like that. So, I’m not doing it and Helios didn’t seem to think it was a big deal. Doesn’t seem to be used elsewhere.

For your info, I’m A Scorpio with Ares Ascendant, Libra Descendant, and a Capricorn MC.

My centerpins are Ares, Cancer, Libra, and Capricorn.

The decans have a different spirit assigned to them. Not sure if there will be anything of value to anyone else by listing the sedan and assigned spirit to it. I’ll play that by ear when the time comes. If it’s just transactional, I’ll treat them like the spirits of the Moon mansions I’m calling this month.

5 Likes

Month 5 is done and today is Month 6 Day 1.

Month 6 feels unfinished in the book. For example, references to their version of “holy” water, with it being absent in the rituals themselves. Or the tea light that is for the daemon, but is lit when the prayers are done and not when the daemon is actually called. But, whatever.

12 days for Part 1, 7 for Part 2, 4 for Week 4.

When starting to read ahead (again), I was reminded that this method is still experimental. In some parts of the book, he claims the Higher Genius can come to you at Month 5, but in the Month 7 material, he’s still claiming that it isn’t formed yet. Most of the Month 5 and 6 stuff has to do with asking for it to influence your life more, which would seem difficult for something that isn’t formed. Makes it a bit confusing and at no real time does he say anything about what you should feel or experience. In fact, you can feel and experience nothing by the end of the book, according to the book.

6 Likes

The decan daemon workings for Ares are done and Cancer is on the third of four. It really bugged the shit out of me that I have to stretch this out for 12 total days when they are different entities, working with different elements, under different signs. So, I called up Ares and asked. He didn’t have a problem with it. Cancer didn’t have a problem with it. I then repeated the ceremony for Libra and then for Capricorn. No one had a problem with it, so, the overlap has begun.

I did mention the astrological names on purpose. They are who I’m calling. I’m using them as masks, under the direction of Ares, so that the best God/dess for that mask will come forth. I got tired of leafing through the 400 page book with no index. This was my solution and I thought I’d share it.

Now, if my Ascendant hadn’t been Ares, spirit I’ve been calling in this HU working already, I would call on Helios, who I already call on as part of the process.

In three days, I will start Stage Three, instead of the original nine days.

5 Likes

TLDR - I’m discontinuing this work through.

I was speaking with a friend from here the other night about how I don’t see much point in the rest of this process. I don’t plan on using this entity that may or may not be built at this point.

I called on Hecate and asked for her opinion, since she was the reason I decided to go through with this (through Month 5). She indicated that I’d done what she asked me to do, that she was pleased with my efforts, and that it was up to me whether or not I should continue.

I sat on this for a few days before calling Helios to also get his opinion. He didn’t really have one. We will still work together.

Given that the two main entities of the working don’t indicate I’ll get much more out of it, I’ve decided to stop.

What did I get out of it? Some of the daily rituals were useful for banishing in different ways I was used to doing. I met Nephthys and Isis and suspect I will work more with them later. I met the spirits of the Moon Mansions, some of which I will work with again.

Mainly, I met and formed a relationship with Helios. He offered guidance and suggestions along the way not just for this book, but in other areas. He is now a heavy player in my protection and healing rituals, with a little baneful work thrown in here and there.

I still need to do the “bornless” ritual from the book. Haven’t done that one yet. I could likely skip straight to the end and do the final steps and get a result. I already feel it, so merging more fully with it wouldn’t be hard. I don’t want to be subjected to its influence, given the lighter nature with which it has been created.

Would I suggest this book to others? Yes and I have to several people. It is a more light-side book and it’s clear that the author still holds to the Golden Dawn approaches and belief system. Thus, it is not for everyone. I wouldn’t have worked through it at all, if not for Hecate.

If there are questions, I will answer as best I can.

6 Likes