Why would a friend use a deer skull as the centre of his altar?

A friend of mine has made an altar where he has a deer skull surrounded by crystals and I wonder why? A deer skull has no connections to any deities I know of, why does he have it in the centre of his altar? What deity could it represent?

2 Likes

It doesn’t have to represent a deity to have any effect. It could house an animal spirit, a particular energy, practically anything.

It could be the deity of the hunt if it is one, however. The crystals are likely a grid for some unknown purpose. (I’d have to know what crystals they were to really talk about it)

4 Likes

If they are a friend why not just ask?

2 Likes

Goetic deity Furfur?

2 Likes

Because it sounds dope

4 Likes

Sounds like a set up for either a Deity of Hunting or for harnessing the energy of The Hunt to draw into oneself or used for workings.

2 Likes

A skull could represent death and it could have a connection to a deity that is represented as a deer or half deer and half other being.

You should ask your friend about it because he is the only one that can give you the best answer about why he is using a deer skull at the center of his alter. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Antlers have also been held as symbols of magick power, since they branch upward from the crown. Could be a talisman like that.

2 Likes

I have a male springbok skull and have put Belial into it.

1 Like

Nice.

There’s lots of possibilities.

2 Likes

Deer are really important in witch-lore. They’re considered symbols of horned gods and in Celtic myth there are many deities connected to the deer/stag. Maybe your friend likes the symbolism or works with a lot of horned gods. But you probably should ask him yourself, I’m no expert on his path.

2 Likes

Cernunnos possibly check spelling

1 Like

maybe green man or horned God of wicca

1 Like

Pan is an aspect of Lucifer and the horned forest god is much more darker than you think

3 Likes

It could just be a focus, kind of like a triangle of manifestation. I actually have one on mine as well, for that exact purpose.

2 Likes

I love antlers, my partner has skulls with antlers all over the house, including her altar. Looks dope.

2 Likes