Why the book of Enoch is bullshit

Is Azazel really bound and in darkness forever?

“And again the Lord said to Raphael: ‘Bind Azazel hand and foot, and cast him into the darkness: and make an opening 5 in the desert, which is in Dudael, and cast him therein. And place upon him rough and jagged rocks, and cover him with darkness, and let him abide there for ever, and cover his face that he may 6,7 not see light. And on the day of the great judgement he shall be cast into the fire. And heal the earth which the angels have corrupted, and proclaim the healing of the earth, that they may heal the plague, and that all the children of men may not perish through all the secret things that the 8 Watchers have disclosed and have taught their sons. And the whole earth has been corrupted 9 through the works that were taught by Azazel: to him ascribe all sin.’ And to Gabriel said the Lord: ‘Proceed against the bastards and the reprobates, and against the children of fornication: and destroy [the children of fornication and] the children of the Watchers from amongst men [and cause them to go forth]: send them one against the other that they may destroy each other in 10 battle: for length of days shall they not have. And no request that they (i.e. their fathers) make of thee shall be granted unto their fathers on their behalf; for they hope to live an eternal life, and 11 that each one of them will live five hundred years.’ And the Lord said unto Michael: ‘Go, bind Semjaza and his associates who have united themselves with women so as to have defiled themselves 12 with them in all their uncleanness. And when their sons have slain one another, and they have seen the destruction of their beloved ones, bind them fast for seventy generations in the valleys of the earth, till the day of their judgement and of their consummation, till the judgement that is 13 for ever and ever is consummated. In those days they shall be led off to the abyss of fire: and 14 to the torment and the prison in which they shall be confined for ever. And whosoever shall be condemned and destroyed will from thenceforth be bound together with them to the end of all 15 generations. And destroy all the spirits of the reprobate and the children of the Watchers, because 16 they have wronged mankind. Destroy all wrong from the face of the earth and let every evil work come to an end: and let the plant of righteousness and truth appear: and it shall prove a blessing; the works of righteousness and truth’ shall be planted in truth and joy for evermore.

2 Likes

Bound doesnt mean dead or non reachable. I havent worked with Azazel but it could possibly be

A. Fanfic

B. What enoch perceived happened to Azazel

C. What was translated was mistranslated.

D. Bound could be an euphemism for having some power sealed or taken away (maybe he spent too much energy on humans and was thus not at full strength thus was put in a “bind”

4 Likes

“And again the Lord said to Raphael: ‘Bind Azazel hand and foot, and cast him into the darkness: and make an opening 5 in the desert, which is in Dudael, and cast him therein. And place upon him rough and jagged rocks, and cover him with darkness, and let him abide there for ever, and cover his face that he may 6,7 not see light. And on the day of the great judgement he shall be cast into the fire.

This is clearly Abrahamic religious bullshit lol

1 Like

I hate to tell you this but it’s all bullshit. Every single mythology is all bullshit. But that doesn’t mean it’s not true either. These tales and myths are metaphor, and code, and allegory. New myths can be created and be just as true and just as bullshit as ancient ones. Don’t take them as absolute literal truth.

9 Likes

What else is new?

2 Likes

Yes I agree

“A man can tell a million lies but he is bound to tell the truth atleast once” an old saying my dad says.

Also remember that 1-3 enoch is not considered canon so even if it was false obviously the abrahamic faith doesnt agree with it anyway.

1 Like

That verse was from chapter 10

I was talking about 1 enoch through 3 enoch. All three books are not considered canon in any major branch of Abraham religions. The non canon books are considered apocrypha

1 Like

Ahh I see. Yes your right.

1 Like

I see bullshit in every grimoire I pick up written in the modern day too, including those written in the last few years so.

I don’t what the point is, you’re just stating what we already know. You have to learn to discern the bullshit and take what’s actually useable and walk your own way.

3 Likes

I posted this because I have seen black magicians actually defend the book of Enoch and to be true…

Then maybe you should have posted it to them lol. I’ve not seen any such claims that any work was true or had the answer lately around here, though some people have gotten a bit offended over cultural beliefs not aligning with their own personal views, I consider that somewhat different since it had nothing to do with the fact that everything written is basically bull shit and you have to figure it out on your own. :stuck_out_tongue: :woman_shrugging:

Most of us subscribe to do what works for you, cuz what I do probably isn’t going to work for you anyways, or only care if the method presented works or not.

1 Like

Raphael’s and Azazel’s energies don’t get along well, that’s all I can say here.

Never take a text like that literally though, doesn’t matter if it’s abrahamic, or some black magick grimoire. The literal text only means something to the author himself, because he has the keys to decipher it.

4 Likes

I don’t believe that you got the metaphorical value of it. Azazel carries our sins, guilt and shame (is a representation thereof in Christian Mythology). Raphael is the angel of healing and bound the reasons for emotional blockages, so that we live free without being burdened by those negative emotions…
Same with the binding of Semjaza, he thought people the art of make up and illusion. Gabriel binding him means that there shall be true emotions and not opportunistic emotions. But thats just my opinion, everything is just a half truth (Kyballion)
There is even a ritual in the gatekeeper series, where you hand over your sins to Azazel.

You can’t take things literally, you have to see the bigger connection. Same thing with the sin fall…

1 Like

Time still flows for these beings even if it flows differently Azazel has in my experience very much mentioned how he was once bound and is no longer.

Another example is king Solomon binding the goetia and sealing them away in brass for them to only have been later freed by Asmodeus.

Any story in mythology regardless of origins has a before, a middle, and an after. These beings aren’t stagnant nor do they exist in a space where there is no time and nothing ever moves or progresses.

I don’t see a reason for this post honestly just seems like a “this book sucks let me tell you why for no reason” lol.

6 Likes

Yes, it’s stolen metaphorical stories from other systems. Most of the bible is plagiarised. Some of the plagiarised info it intact enough to still have meaning, but most of it has been ripped from the aural tradition that would have explained the mysteries in the original pagan works, making them useless.

This bits that are new are written by petty humans and their rogue demon pretending to be a god to increase their control over the messes. It’s highly political.

In this case there’s at least one parallel with the story of the gods defeating Loki and binding him with chains under the Earth until Ragnarok comes, when he will rise and destroy the world.

2 Likes