Why Magic Fails?

So recently i did a spell ( cant give info on that )… Everything went perfect…

I even got 2 readings done… Both of them said that the spell was working and will manifest quickly…

But I didn’t got even a glimpse of What I wanted.

What do you people think prevents one from getting RESULTS ??
And what can be done to overcome that :slight_smile:

“You people”??

Well it starts with magician and ends with the magician. Stop doubting yourself, when a God of ancient religions performs a task, do you think they do so with an expectation of failing?

Also, you have to be able to withdraw yourself from the working back to reality, don’t continue thinking about it, just let the working / spirits take their course.

1 Like

Seems to me like you are just focusing too much on the desired outcome. In order for the magick to take affect, you have to forget about the ritual and your goals afterwards until they manifest. This can hard as sometimes it may take weeks or even months to manifest but try to focus on other things instead. If you find yourself thinking about it, smile and say I can’t wait until this happens (which will reaffirm to your mind that it WILL happen instead of just MIGHT happen) then quickly distract yourself with something else like a movie, book, video game etc.

I take a cue from Austin Osman Spare and say “Does not matter, need not be”, when I start thinking about the outcome too much. Then, I gently pull my thoughts away from it and forget about it.

Magic doesn’t fail the operator does

Precisely. It’s just like evocation when someone says the demon never showed up. Yes, they did show up, if you call them they will always come, you just didn’t manage to see or hear them that time.

Because sometimes there is just too much opposition, abuse, etc in your way for you to properly do magick. Some times it feels like the entire universe is against you, and maybe it is. There is no such thing as free will someone born into a loving family with a stable source of income can accomplish many things if they want to… others born in environment where they have been beaten to the point of no return have an exponentially harder time accomplishing anything magical or otherwise. Some people born in Africa desire only food and are denied even that and die unfulfilled lives. And some times spirits can be lying bastards who don’t give a fuck about your existence but rather wish to use you to for their own end.

Belial Promised me a lot of things, like finding love, becoming popular and living a fulfilling life, yet he never delivered on a single one of these things and all I got was humiliation and wasted energy trying to fulfill HIS wants.

The most you can accomplish in magick is trying to make the best of the shitty situation known as the human condition. To the contrary, you won’t control the world, you won’t make it to Forbes top ten, you won’t end up finding the perfect mate, you won’t invent a cure to cancer. You won’t become ageless and physically immortal. You won’t put a stop to climate change. You will however be able to fucked substantially less harder by life than before,… IF you know what you are doing. You might even find a few years of life where you are actually truly content, not happy content. And even that won’t last For in the end all is Dust.

Sinister, I respectfully disagree with some of the things you said.

Magick is only limited by your imagination.

Why would you allow yourself to take on an entirely different approach to and opinion of magick because one demon did not follow thru on his word? Yes, some demons are greed oriented, Eric even states this outright in WOD as a warning to be careful and make your boundaries known when entering into a pact as some will only take from you and never give in return, except to maybe those who are persistant and also make it known that they are not the demon’s bitch either. But not all of them are like this.

And it’s not just those who grew up in a rich and loving family who succeed in magick, both sides can be just as equal. A rich greedy bastard will succeed at magick because his desire to obtain more money and material possessions is strong enough to make his magickal working persistant. Whereas a poor person with nothing with lose, because they have nothing, will be just as persistant as the rich guy because he wants to enjoy life and be able to manifest his needs, even if only his basic needs and some form of contentment, that can be enough to drive a poor man to become insanely persistant with magick in hopes of finding a good job so he can support himself without all of the misery that is caused by not having food, clothing, shelter, a good car, etc.

So magickal success or the strength thereof, is not limited to any particular group of people. Anyone can achieve their goals thru magick if their intent and will is strong enough. I cannot believe that not one single person in this world has never used magick to gain fame, insane wealth, a spot on the forbes list, a CEO position at a fortune 500 company. Someone out there has most likely had this type of success before, it just depends on the lengths that you’re willing to go to with self sacrifice, magick, and evocation to make your desires manifest. Celebrities sometimes mention being involved in the occult and that the occult is how they were able to get to where they are now. Some may be saying this just for show and shock factor, but I guarantee at least one of them was telling the truth.

Precisely. It’s just like evocation when someone says the demon never showed up. Yes, they did show up, if you call them they will always come, you just didn’t manage to see or hear them that time.[/quote]

I agree and just cause they didn’t see him doesn’t mean it failed lol never could understand that just push on detach and let shit fall in place. I’m not special and it works every and I mean every time to astounding effect.

IMO some spells work a bit like a game of chess, especially when they deal with people or a larger situation - things have to move around so that your desired situation can be reached. Me casting a spell to be the next Queen of England isn’t gunna manifest tomorrow. Firstly, the current Queen ( sorry Liz ) would have to go, then William would have to be rid of that Kate chippy, next a situation would have to arise where I would actually meet said Prince & him fall head over heels in love with me & then hey presto - I’m settling myself comfortably on the throne. So what I’m saying is, maybe your spell is actually working but there is behind the scenes stuff happening first in order to manifest your desire.

According to whom? No spirit is bound to come when you summon,
unless he has already agreed with you through some pact (or unless you created the spirit in your own mind).
And in many cases you can be grateful that he didn’t show up.
Unless you have some strong connection to a high ranking being,
it is unlikely that he would appear when you call.
Most spirits choose with whom they wish to work,
and not the reverse.[/quote]
From what I gather is there hungry as hell to be unleashed into this world only 1 out of about 100 times did I have trouble with a demon and the same one worked for me before so 99% success rate is fucking great for me. I would say most of the time the entity is present when called just the operator is not sensing it. But at the same time I can only speak from my own experience and not to someone else’s

[quote=“SinisterShadow, post:7, topic:5552”]Because sometimes there is just too much opposition, abuse, etc in your way for you to properly do magick. Some times it feels like the entire universe is against you, and maybe it is. There is no such thing as free will someone born into a loving family with a stable source of income can accomplish many things if they want to… others born in environment where they have been beaten to the point of no return have an exponentially harder time accomplishing anything magical or otherwise. Some people born in Africa desire only food and are denied even that and die unfulfilled lives. And some times spirits can be lying bastards who don’t give a fuck about your existence but rather wish to use you to for their own end.

Belial Promised me a lot of things, like finding love, becoming popular and living a fulfilling life, yet he never delivered on a single one of these things and all I got was humiliation and wasted energy trying to fulfill HIS wants.

The most you can accomplish in magick is trying to make the best of the shitty situation known as the human condition. To the contrary, you won’t control the world, you won’t make it to Forbes top ten, you won’t end up finding the perfect mate, you won’t invent a cure to cancer. You won’t become ageless and physically immortal. You won’t put a stop to climate change. You will however be able to fucked substantially less harder by life than before,… IF you know what you are doing. You might even find a few years of life where you are actually truly content, not happy content. And even that won’t last For in the end all is Dust.[/quote]

Ummm, I read for you exactly what would happen if you went running to Belial in a position of weakness and desperation. Nothing good or powerful will happen for you by blaming the spirit for what you should take responsibility for. This isn’t being said in a moralising sense or trying to ‘keep you down’ - quite the opposite. I’m not sure very many spirits do, but Belial certainly does not respect weakness. As far as he was concerned, you didn’t want to take power over your life, so you gave it to him willingly.

1 Like