Why does nothing seem to ever work, ever?

Hey BALG,

I noticed that a lot of folks are having some issues with magic. Most are, if I am not mistaken, following a Western view of things. I just wanted to post a link to an article written by an author who has gotten fantastic real world results from Western systems.

I have incorporated a few of these and have seen great results.
Hope this helps any who are struggling.

[url=http://www.llewellyn.com/journal/article/2478]http://www.llewellyn.com/journal/article/2478[/url]

1 Like

Basically, this.

One definitely does not need to drop 5k on tools to plug into living traditions of magic.

I really liked his part on ancestors and gatekeepers.

Basically everything I do.

Exactly. I’m copying you, now.

This was a pretty good article in some points. I appreciate some of what he said- irk at some of what was left out and superifically generalised with what I felt was a planting of “Here is my opinion which beats out all the straw men I set up”. I am going to send it to my wife as she asks me why’s, but my answers do not seem to work. I would call her an atheist- but shes not.
I think alot of what he addressed makes me appreciate more of what EA has been doing. He has done a great deal of good in not just talking “this is good- that has validity” but openly putting himself on a public alter in Working differing deific masks and operations in order to open peoples minds to operations and avenues to which they would have been welded shut to before. I also have to thank EA for making what have for the most part been a “One course meal of C-rations” available to only afew deeply entrenched workers- to a world wide gigantic Buffet of Spiritual edibles of which anyone can taste as muuch as they need to decide if it will meet their current needs and if it does then pig out and grow as fit or fat as they have the capacity to do. Thanks EA, and all those supporting him in whatever way.

I’d like to contest the author’s list of “gatekeepers” is incorrect. The only actual intermediary spirits he listed are Hermes, Anubis, and Ellegua. The rest aren’t. Everything else is spot on.

Ahh. This makes a lot of sense… And confirms my suspicions that something has been missing… Something very important.

When I think of magick, I think of having the power to affect the world as one sees fit. As I studied, and learned, gradually I came to see that that is basically seen as impossible… And I just couldn’t accept that.

Now it all makes sense…

[quote=“Illustrious, post:8, topic:4522”]Ahh. This makes a lot of sense… And confirms my suspicions that something has been missing… Something very important.

When I think of magick, I think of having the power to affect the world as one sees fit. As I studied, and learned, gradually I came to see that that is basically seen as impossible… And I just couldn’t accept that.

Now it all makes sense…[/quote]

You CAN shape the world how you want it. Maybe not fling fireballs at the guy who cut you off this morning, but dating a Ten, landing a sweet job, destroying enemies, get out of legal trouble, read minds, divine the future, all of these and more are possible. The magician shapes his world exactly how he wants it.

In fact, all of the above is, in my opinion, the only thing that objectively separates a deluded, schizophrenic fool from a truly enlightened occultist.

easier said than done.

i had to empty out my inbox twice in order to cut down on the private messages from members of this board and newbies who confessed to me that they were having trouble getting their magicks going. and i personally could do a whole hell of a lot better than i’m doing in my own work despite the fact that i’ve done some pretty cool stuff that had real-world results.

you often can’t tell the difference between the two. the one thing the gatekeepers have in common is they all exhibit yeshe chölwa.

I still think there is more to it than even that.

Look at the Coral Castle. constructed entirely from coral. The maker having said he discovered the secret of the pyramids, and took the secret to his grave.

I must discover the secret… I am surprised why nobody else has been interested in this… Or the Count of St. Germaine… Discovering the secret to his supposed immortality… These are worthy pursuits of the magician.

[quote=“Illustrious, post:11, topic:4522”]I still think there is more to it than even that.

Look at the Coral Castle. constructed entirely from coral. The maker having said he discovered the secret of the pyramids, and took the secret to his grave.

I must discover the secret… I am surprised why nobody else has been interested in this… Or the Count of St. Germaine… Discovering the secret to his supposed immortality… These are worthy pursuits of the magician.[/quote]

So far, I’m thinking minion army. I’ve already spawned 3 minions. Now to train them in physics, philosophy, biology, sorcery, cooking, housekeeping, ethics. We’ll solve that damned castle within the next 30 years, because… I have confidence in confidence alone. And I’d love our own earthquake-proof energy-enhancing dome castle complex. I’ve already got the quirky/bizarre thing down (the bipolar part has faded to a mere memory). When my income magically increases, I’ll merely upgrade the fam to “eccentric” enlightened status… and voila!

Now, to start venerating my dearly beloved ancestors…