Why does God not heal everyone?

Hello, first I want to say: I have asked myself this question many times and never got a good answer from a priest. (And no, I am not an atheist) I have decided to work with other deities but then I decided to work with the “loving” christian god again. But sometimes I actually doubt that he is loving, he is not a puppet of the people, I know that, but why does he help certain people and on the other side does not help certain people. Before you judge me and ask “Why are you christian now”, most people I know do not regard me as a christian because I believe in reincarnation, working with demons,siddhis,meditation etc.(some even call me demonic ^_^)
Thank you for your answers, Greetings Lonelyseeker

1 Like

You ask a rather curious question. Our creator is in the process of slowly murdering us for a crime we are born “guilty” of. Disease, decay and physical body failure are simply parts of the plan.

Genesis 2:17
"but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat from it I will certainly kill you.”

2 Likes

Within the Christian (I grew up in the church) context I would suggest reading the book of Job.

But to summarize the answer that god gave Job… you’re small human lacking in knowledge so who are you to question me and what I allow to happen to you. He ultimately was allowing Job to suffer in order to show off to ha-satan (shown at the beginning of the book). Like look at how loyal this human is to me. He’ll keep following me even if you torture him and I just sit back and watch.

The god of Bible only heals if it suits his purposes.

1 Like

This is pretty depressing…btw. thanks for your answer

3 Likes

I have background in muslim, but, let say our god was the same (abrahamic)

God doesn’t answer ur prayer because you :

• lack of charity
  • still doing adultery
  • have sinned to other people, and that person still have grudge to you
  • etc

My sum is this : uplift the ‘guilty’ feeling, so you become not graceful

1 Like

Because the Bible was written by humans and there’s a ton of falsehoods in it.

Seriously, Abrahamic religions should not be taken as gospel (heh).

2 Likes

You could ask this question of any imaginary friend that people decide to worship.

Why doesn’t Lucifer heal everyone, especially if he is really what his followers claim he is?

Why doesn’t Zeus heal everyone?

Why doesn’t Odin?

Why doesn’t Azazel?

Why doesn’t Marduk?

Why doesn’t Hecate?

Why doesn’t the Flying Spaghetti Monster?

Why doesn’t the Giant Purple People Eater? etc

7 Likes

To pose a question relevant to yours…

I think this from Epicurus
“Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?”

3 Likes

Because God has favourites and he is not fond of everyone.

1 Like

There does seem to be an element of favoritism involved.
Romans 8:28-30
“And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers and sisters. And those he predestined, he also called; those he called, he also justified; those he justified, he also glorified.”

There is also a heavenly deficit if you are not working with a complete set of genitalia, or if you are not sure who your father is. We could likely find even more biblical examples without digging too deep.

Deuteronomy 23:1 - 2
“He that is wounded in the stones, or hath his privy member cut off, shall not enter into the congregation of the Lord.
A bastard shall not enter into the congregation of the Lord; even to his tenth generation shall he not enter into the congregation of the Lord.”

Why does god play like this ? These are questions we will be pondering for eternity as we fry like bacon for our 80 short years of non-compliance.

2 Likes

Personally I sometimes do think about possible spirits or deities who theoretically would have power and especially, indeed, in case of “the God” why isn’t the world heaven? Actually, at start it was… Oh well, maybe I would better be off either by skeptically not thinking about that or religiously considering Him right.

Because, technically speaking, we ruined it by being too curious lol

5 Likes

Define God. It’s not some all powerful sky daddy in the clouds

1 Like

the Jewish religion doesnt believe in hell, doesnt believe in heaven, and does believe in reincarnation. maybe that one is for you.

Which god is the “loving god”? In Psalms or Proverbs it Yehovah says “behold the evil and the good. For I have created them both”.

In the OT Yehovah is the god of judgement. That can’t be left out because there are a few places in the Bible that says " I change not". god of wrarh in the beginning, god of wrath forever.

If you asked a priest why Yehovah doesn’t heal people, he would probably say because those people have sin😄

Maybe its because he is a sadistic kind of guy that likes to watch people suffer :smirk:

1 Like

Cuz he’s gay lol.

In all seriousness, it’s all about freedom, for ALL beings, the darkest of fiends, and purest of angels.

It’s the only fair way to make a universe, that every being gets to do exactly what they want, and he never helps anyone or takes sides, but the people/beings that get ahead.

No matter their morality, have to EARN IT.

That’s why the universe seems so cruel, it’s cause it’s full of so many assholes, gods not screwing anyone.

Also the christian god isn’t god, I mean I’m sure there are elements in that book that’s true to him, he may even have put a VERY FEW phrases in there, but no real religion really holds claim over him, if it does we never spoke about it, but none of them seem to fit what he’s about.

1 Like

Its a self regulated system, baby. Freedom comes with a cost.

We live in a kingdom of opposites, and balance requires no intervention from its maker.

But… there we are, cheating a little bit with magic here and there by putting the odds in our favor.

Is it free? We’ll know it, when the time comes…

1 Like

Ignorance is bliss.

ignorance-is-bliss-cypher-3547834703

1 Like

No ones cheating dude, just like doing exercise to become a big hulk and smack people with a big fucking sword and plate armour in medival times.

It still takes work and dedication, thats the power you earn.