Why do you do Necromancy?

A lot of people seem to talk about it but seemingly very few actually try to stick to it. Namely it seems that many people only prompt the spirits of the dead and do a baneful spell when needed and then don’t try to do anything beyond that. Or they are just too scared of death to actually think about doing it.
So, if you do necromancy regularly, why is that? What are your goals with death magic? What knowledge do you seek from the spirits of the path?

6 Likes

Following.

I collect dead things and cemetery artifacts but the purpose and my motivation are still obscured for me. I would love to know what I am supposed to do with them and why I have this need to collect. Perhaps there will be an explanation here that resonates with me.

You can use it to clear out blockages in yourself or an area there by removing that energy which is dead and stagnant. As well as removing those things that hinder your growth and evolution within. In a sense Killing that within self that hinders your expansion of consciousness and your becoming.

This is what I learned so far with my work in kunda yoga with Az-Jahi, just started working with the druj nasu a few days ago.

7 Likes

@SabahSnoblod [quote=“SabahSnoblod, post:1, topic:19590”]
So, if you do necromancy regularly, why is that?
[/quote]
Power. Immortality.[quote=“SabahSnoblod, post:1, topic:19590”]
What are your goals with death magic?
[/quote]
Physical Immortality.[quote=“SabahSnoblod, post:1, topic:19590”]
What knowledge do you seek from the spirits of the path?
[/quote]
To learn to control and harness the soul. Both my own and those of others.

5 Likes

John Dillinger was asked, “Why do you rob banks?”

He famously replied, “Because that’s where the money is.”

Why hang around cemeteries? Because that’s where the power is. Of course not the exclusive path. But a lot more than you’ll find at the local 7-11.

1 Like

Just wanted to say that it was actually Willie Sutton, not Dillinger, who said that quote. Dig the answer otherwise. :thumbsup:

1 Like

Good catch @Nyxifer - you know your bank robbers!

1 Like