Why do Christians not accept other religions

I was With my mom and she said that other religions and deities aren’t real. For instance when I told her that people believe in the Greek gods she said well that’s not right but then when I told her that Christianity is considered mythology too she said no it isn’t. And then I said well people believe in the mythology of the Greeks too. And she said that’s where faith comes in. it’s like everything other than the Christian God is fake even though the other gods use the exact same logic. Incredibly irritating because it just makes her look like an idiot. Has anyone else experienced this and if so what are your thoughts? @DarkestKnight @Lady_Eva

5 Likes

Its a number of things at work here.
I don’t believe its your moms fault though.
These mass herdings begin the day we enter school.

4 Likes

This sort of thinking is taught from the ground up in Abrahamic religions. And it’s easy to think that these other gods don’t exist when you have no experience that would suggest otherwise. They have no real experience of their own God either. Believing in him is an act of faith. There is no reasoning with someone with a faith based mindset.

7 Likes

Sigh. I just wish there was a way

Conjure a gateway and have Zeus pop in to say hello?

3 Likes

On another forum, I’ve read stories about people reasoning with their parents based on the evidence
they presented. I agree with Faustus, reasoning with a faith based mindset though, is like trying to get a legendary item drop from an MMO.

2 Likes

Christianity was created 1000s of years ago by the Romans based in part on myths, some aspects hold some truth regarding the spirit world. But is Christianity the only religion regarding the many deitys that exist? The bible and faith is partially accurate with many parables trying to dissuade people from bad decisions. But to claim other faiths or beliefs don’t exist or are false is baseless and absurd. Many Christians base there whole life on this ignorent absurdity and up losing credibility and followers.

2 Likes

I got really tired of the faith thing after awhile. Sure it worked, just have faith, that is all. Once you realize that a lot of things people tell you are lies and not true at all, and you have to work with reality as it is, and not as some fantasy that people told you then faith will not be enough.

3 Likes

Cause Aldonai’s some sick fuck who can’t accept that there other gods out there. This petty ego matters so much, he’s willing to kill and sacrifice lives to do so. Out of all the fictional gods of evil we’ve seen in games, tv, or books, he’s the real deal of an evil god.

5 Likes

A lot of religions don’t accept other religions. The whole idea of religion is to devote yourself to a particular faith and reject all others. Except Gnosticism, which accepts that all religions are real.

2 Likes

It’s not so much that they deny other religions, it’s that Christianity teaches that people of other religions are just being misled by demons/non divine spirits. That’s the theory anyway.
These days, I think most Christians don’t even truly believe in Christianity. They claim to believe the teachings of the Bible, but consider magic, possessions and most of the occult to be nonsense with no real power. Guess that’s what happens when you raise someone in a hyper scientific society and then try to convince them they should also listen to a book that openly discusses magic.
The vast majority of Christians these days aren’t true Christians; they just pretend to be, but ignore all the teachings that clash with the world view we’re encouraged to adopt, by the government and media.

6 Likes

Commandment 1. They also think that polytheism is “disproven” and is less valid than their own. The Church dominated and purged all pagans, but still disagrees with other abrahamic faiths, and even fights among themselves (the reformation). I know a guy who lost his GF because one’s Christian and the other is Catholic.

3 Likes

A lot of pagan religions were willing to syncretise and accept deities from other pantheons, until the weird desert cults came up no-one was on this one-god trip.

But it’s a great method of ratcheting down on mind-control, in all sorts of ways, I described an outline here Polytheism vs. Monotheism - #7 by Lady_Eva.

5 Likes

When one of the Orishas or a Greek God saves a nonbeliever’s life, that person will believe. It happened with several that I helped along the way.

3 Likes

The thing is, people are born into a Country and given a religion usually by their parents.

If the same person was born in different circumstances, they would be a Muslim, Sikh, Buddhist etc. The list goes on.

That person would usually be raised to think this is the correct religion and all others are fake / untrue/ lies.

This is why it is so hard to get some people to even consider that the Religion they got raised into is not the whole truth,years of laying up in the psyche.

It is the thing with Christianity. Do not accept the idea of another God. It is forbidden. If they go through bad times it is either Satan testing them or God testing the persons faith.

5 Likes

The why is because that’s what the Bible teaches. It teaches clearly that there is only one god, all other gods are not real, an eyes that can’t see and ears that can’t hear type of thing. It also gives adherents convenient “truths” that attempt to explain away miracles and other manifestations as works of lesser beings than YHWH (Jehovah) which the Bible identifies as Satan and other demons. So the belief is built right into the text. As it follows if the Bible teaches that “foreign” gods are not real, then the religion that was established around those same gods are not real as well.

3 Likes

If someone sneers at your beliefs/gods or anyone else’s, just ask them for a lock of their hair, give them a sly smile and tell them you are going to show them what those Gods can help you do

4 Likes

i don’t think its just Christians who don’t accept other religions, you take Hinduism or Islam or any other religion, they all will (at one point) say that their religion is the only real one and all others are wrong/myths etc.

let me share a theory of mine (don’t know who else think about it), i am from a muslim family and we have read thought about, that there were approx. 1 hundred and 24000 prophets since the beginning of time, Adam being the first and Mohd Being the last. but here is my theory that there are still approximately 1 hundred and 23998 more in between the first and the last, not all names were provided in the Islamic book but there are some of them available like Jesus (isa), Moses(musa), Abraham(ibrahim), even Solomon(Suleman) is also a prophet according to Islam (we mostly use his book for learning “lesser key of Solomon” and its teaching. but then my theory is like this, Hindu have their Gods like Ganesha, Vishnu and so many more, they could be in fact the prophets as well and Greek gods too, they all had some sort of powers and they could do things which we can’t(normal human beings), so we made them god and worshiped(which is fine as you can’t control someone who wants to worship a certain entity. So whenever i was told to hate one’s religion which is not mine, i would just kind of explain this and make them stop telling me what to do.

i just thought i share this and see who also thinks in this way. (sorry, i know it is not answering your question) :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Beat me to it. My thoughts exactly.

3 Likes

I don’t think that xtianity claims they are not real. One of the commandments says something like you shall have no other Gods before me. If that’s the case then there are others. You’re just not allowed to believe they are more powerful the yahweh. But most church teachings claim there are no real other Gods.

1 Like