Why ask for experiences?

I see a lot of posts asking for others’ experiences. Reading their story will only color your expectations and likely increase the risk of you fooling yourself into thinking you felt or sensed something in a certain way (the ‘right’ way…) What’s the point? You found or heard or somehow came across a certain Name and felt drawn to it or to working with it. I can understand that you would want to get information about their corresponding planetary or herbal or any other association. But those are most likely found without asking.
If you feel confident in your current ‘skill’ and you consider working with a certain entity, do a divination and decide if you should go ahead. But why ask others how they experienced it?

4 Likes

I think most newer magicians want to have an idea of what they’re getting themselves into. Also, science says that if you’re able to envision yourself doing something, you’re more likely to do it well.

1 Like

Well i am involved mostly in several projects in the same time. I ask the others to spare some time, life is busy in the big City.

Anyways it seems that in this forum not lots of people work with destructive demons. So i will probably schedule my workings differently.

hi @Rav
I’m not sure I understand what you’re saying.

You mean you are asking others to collaborate with you?

1 Like

Like a virtual coven? That would be interesting. Nope actually i ask sometimes what were their experiences. Lots say after invocation they don’t do banishing but for example Andras told me to do one after one energy work with him and things like that. Small informations that simplify a witch work.

1 Like

I myself banish before and after everything. That’s what I’ve come to get accustomed to. I see it as when statesmen meet and protesters etc are being held back by fences, so that the arrival, the meeting and the departure aren’t interrupted.

No. I thought You meant something like that.

1 Like

Right. For purposes of preparatory immersion, I think this is a mistake. Someone who is new to this really has no yardstick for discerning which experiences are genuine spirit contact and which ones aren’t. And even if all experiences are legit, your experience still might still be different in certain ways.

2 Likes